Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Been sold meth as speed?

SupaspeeD

Bluelighter
Hey, just a quick question for people out there. Bought half a g of what was supposedly speed (i wasn't at the purchase, saw it after), but i've done some research and i'm pretty darn sure it was meth. Clear crystals, salty taste, etc, etc.
I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similiar experience? Is it usually more expensive? I only payed a little more than usual, but that happens with last minute hook-ups. I have heard meth is hard to come by here, and i don't have the world's greatest connections, any suggestions why i might have got meth? Any info, or anything else would be appreciated.
Thanks, SD
------------------
"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, and insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

One of my friends was being given meth under the guise of speed... her boyfriend was giving it her and saying it was only speed... sorta freaked her out...
as for being sold meth instead of speed... nah haven't heard about that... isn't meth more expensive than speed anyways?
------------------
The Strange Guy with the Equally Strange Hair

If you are gettingmeth instead of speed then you should be happy, it is way fucking better! Could very well be meth cut in with wizz, or just some well cut meth. Little shards of crystal....better buzz than non meth amphet.
later

yeah can't see this happening on purpose
good for you either way!
as for meth being hard to come by here... where's here?

Uhhh..stupid question, but isn't speed a generic term for ANY drug with CNS stimulant properties [eg. crystal methamphetamine (the strongest), amphetamine (aka benzedrine), dextroamphetamine (aka dexedrine), etc.]
- Citrus

I'm in brisbane, meth's not as common as wizz here, brisbane has a love of speed.
That's what i can't figure out, its better, its more expensive, and its harder to get...then how the hell did i get sold it?
Maybe i'll chalk it up to luck
smile.gif

I dunno though, just weird.

yeah i'd say (at a guess) a dd's mistake
for Citrus
speed refers to amphetamine, yeah the less strong one
and meth is methamphetamine, not only stronger, but so many worlds apart in sheer loveliness.
Get a fit pack and get hooked today!

Dont want to rain on your parade, as it well could be a lucky bonus. But the salty taste bit threw me. Epsom crystals or rock salt looks alot like crystal. Crystal is often cut with pieces of this. Maybe it was cut pretty hard, explainin the price you got it at. Then again, maybe it wasnt. I dont know. But if it works for you, who really gives a fuck.

yeah i was thinking something similar, but i didn't want to say it. I think i was thinking 'ahh he's happy'
anyway i just decided to assume good judgement.
heh, i want some meth at a wizz price

I'm in Brisbane and just recently got some Meth (100% pure rock!!!!!) for free from my dd!!!
I've been looking for it for years up here. I think it's just going around at the moment. Enjoy!

recently got these facts sorted out...
speed is the processed form of meth, which is why meth is cheaper than speed...
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

Firstly, i want your dd, brisgirl!
smile.gif

Secondly, i looked through some threads on BL and a bit on erowid about meth, its look, effects and such, and im pretty sure it was meth. The taste was kinda salty/bitter and a bit of something else, i'm not sure, i've heard people explain tastes very differently.
Anyways, thanks for your imput, guys and gals, and happy meth-hunting.

taste varies a little but theres always something there which goes throughout good speed. Not sure if i'd even call it a taste. Ummmm yeah a little trouble describing, haven't tasted speed in a long time, I don't like the taste.
Ghost, where you at? And where'd you get that info from? meth is amphetamine (speed, sort of) with a methyl group attached. Thats a carbon atom and 3 hydrogens. Pretty similar structure, some very comparable effects. It costs a bit more than speed, and is much worthwhile. So you're paying for all those extra carbons and hydrogens
biggrin.gif
heehee no. I must go looke up the synth methods but I think meth is going to be harder to produce as you're going to have to perform extra reaction(s) to get that methyl group stuck on there
Here's something to write in your schoolbooks:
meth only works on the area of your brain which you are using at the given time. I'm guessing thats the reason you can get so into whatever it is you are doing. Can't remember where I read that, it was a long time ago. I think most likely erowid
It was developed by chemists working for Adolf Hitler in a search for a substance that would enable soldiers to fight longer and harder. They were looking for a formula for the perfect soldier, in a way
hmmm yes i have uni work to do. that explains the above...
------------------
ultimately, we just want to be happy

im in melbourne... hmm does dat mean dat im getting more than my $'s worth? YAY! heheheHAHAHA
wat ive had explained to me was dat speed is a processed, purified form of meth.
if im not wrong, speed costs more than meth does in melb. unless my dd's have their facts messed up! heheheHAHAHA... which is a gd thing?
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

Would there be a way of telling the difference if you were sold "speed", or heavily cut "meth"? I thought there was some conjecture that most times in Australia we receive heavily diluted meth instead of actual speed?

Well i've never got clear crystals of speed before, they always have either been white, cut-up, sometimes yellowy and even brown, but never clear crystals.

there would be a discernable difference in effects of heavily cut meth and normally cut speed. Sorry I've had enough of explaining this shit lately. But there is a post in here somewhere which gives some fucken great detail on the differences between meth and speed
meth costs more than speed here
it seems to me that what you guys get over there is very heavily cut... speed, with maybe a tiny dash of meth per eighth.
Here in Perth any meth available in non-rok/crystal/ice form is cut at least 1-1 with speed. And sold as meth.
ummmm I had some gel like meth once. I thought it was maybe base, but I'm not sure. (It was combined with too much else) I was told... oops don't remember
Anyway if its meth you're buying and its cheaper than speed, then good shit, keep it up and I'll be over in Melbourne asap
[This message has been edited by entropope (edited 02 August 2000).]

my dd also sold me some what looks like balls of paper and calls them speed.
inside is a brownish gel with a powdery white salt on the outside like the balls of gone mouldy. the gel is like jelly and a blade goes through it easy.
he explained that this is very strong and you only need about a match head.
no more or your end up in hospital like someone else he knows!!
are they all this classy??
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

now is this meth or speed??
------------------
rollin' and strollin', its kinda like bowlin'. my head's kinda big and it feels kinda swollin'!!

in regards to making the two.
Meth and normal amphetamine can be made in the same way from the same starting materials. but u use a much more highly controlled chemical - methyl amine (this provides the METHYL see) to get meth and ordinary common ammonia to get whizz...
UNLESS u use PSEUDOEPHEDRINE.
This is what in the last few yrs has been used to produce meth all over the place from clandestine labs to kitchen chemists.
As this is so often the method of choice, and in reality easier than making ordinary amphetamine and meth from other precursors; meth is prob made a hell of a lot more than we r led to believe.
U only have to look to the newspapers, people here are continually getting busted for making METHYLamphetamine, having too many nasal decongestant tabs lying around etc. Although i agree making large amounts of meth is less likely due to problems acquiring huge amounts or pseudo.
But not long ago a lab was busted with hundreds of litres of HI acid lying around. This is what is used to turn pseudo into meth. These big boys werent pumping out shitty amphetamine to give ADD kids now were they. And we r talking numbers which could have kept the entire country up for a couple of days.
[This message has been edited by Biscuit (edited 02 August 2000).]