Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aurorix and E....WARNING!!

black cat

Bluelighter
I have to share this with you all for your own safety. Obviously not everyone is as silly as I was, but warning anyway.
Some time ago, I was prescribed the anti-depressant, Aurorix (this is a very popular one). I had been taking it for a couple of months and was offered some E one night. Silly me, DID NOT EVEN THINK about the medication I was on and popped it anyway. I started to come up and thought I was in for a good night. Then all of a sudden, I was seeing double and had a massive pain in my head. The last thing I remember is crawling on the ground, begging a friend for some pain-killers.
Luckily, I was at home. The next 5 hours were a nightmare for my companion. I do not remember any of this, I have his account of it though.
My eyes went crossed and stayed that way for 5 hours. I was hot then freezing, he was putting me in and out of the shower trying to bring me around. He had to hold me up as I could barely walk. I COULD NOT TALK. I was only making sounds like a baby or as if I was mentally retarted for hours. I did not string a sentence together all night, just noises and odd words. He was trying to get me to go to the toilet, I couldn't piss or anything.
He was distraught as you could imagine, thinking that I was probably going to have to be admitted and what he was going to say to my parents about the fact I had lost my mind.
He gave me some Vitamin B tablets (I am not saying this is a good or bad thing to do, I don't know) and after a while I started to make more sense. He took me for a walk in the fresh air and I came around. All I could muster was "Where the fuck have I been?"
I still had a headache and went to hospital the next day. The doctor had to give me a CAT scan and a spinal tap. I had almost had a brain haemorrage and could have died. The combination of Aurorix and E had pushed my blood pressure though the roof and caused a huge surge to my brain. Bad news.
PLEASE, PLEASE don't mix prescription drugs with E. It is so not worth it.
To this day I remember nothing of that night. I know that it was a very dark and scary place that I went to and I am posting this to hopefully stop someone else going there.

I'm glad to hear that you are better now.
AURORIX®
Moclobemide: p-chloro-N-(2-morpholinoethyl) benzamide.
PHARMACOLOGICAL ACTION:
Moclobemide is an antidepressant which affects the monoaminergic cerebral neurotransmitter system by means of a reversible inhibition of monoamine oxidase preferentially of type A. The metabolism of dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin is decreased by this effect, and this leads to increased extracellular concentrations of these neuroaltransmitters.
http://home.intekom.com/pharm/roche/aurorix.html
Aurorix is an anti-depressant of the class called (reversible) Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOI), which are VERY BAD to combine with mdma.
You may have experienced seratonin syndrome... the Medical Q&A people could probably shed more light on this.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

" Was offered some E one night"
Black cat - had you done e before this?
Did you test it?
Did your friend pop as well?
------------------
fly high , but watch your head

Your friend should have called an ambulance.
Never delay calling an ambulance because you're scared someone's parents may find out... it doesn't make sense.
Not long ago I witnessed an overdose (E, K, PMA? who knows)... and the question of "but his parents will find out" came up. Well 5 minutes after the ambulance arrived his heart stopped beating... I presume if we'd delayed, then he'd be dead.
Never delay calling an ambulance if you think someone needs it for any reason at all.
DSF

Sweetleaf,
Yes, I had done E before this for a few years. No, we didn't test it but got them from our usual reliable dd.
This was before testers were available in Australia.
Yes my friend had dropped one too.
YES, we should definately have called an ambulance.........it was a very stupid, messy night.

definately *always* double-check what prescription drugs you are taking before doing any other drugs (legal or not). even a lil course of antibiotics can do some serious stuff to you inside & just cuz you cant feel it, doesnt mean its not affecting you!
use whatever means you can to find out exactly what you are taking, what reactions it has with anything else, whether there's anything you should avoid etc.. if you cant ask your doctor about reactions with the fun drugs, then ask on bl's medical Q&A, OR WAIT!! there's probably a reason you're on the prescription chemmies in the first place!
and yeah... call an ambulance if its needed.. better to be alive and in trouble than dead.
okay, sorry for lecturing! black cat, i'm glad you got thru it and are okay now, thanks for the reminder cuz sometimes the good times are waaaay too tempting!
smile.gif

more than anything i want everyone to stay SAFE, so please please take care..
smilez
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by atomica (edited 31 July 2000).]

Blackcat,
exact same thing happend to a friend of mine a while ago... She only had a 1/2 pill, but took Aurorix every day (as the prescription said to do) she had the same effects as you did. It was terrible, i was so scared for her...
I'm glad we know what we do now, hopefully this will help some people.!

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I figured it's better than starting a new one
smile.gif
I have just recently been prescribed Aurorix, and had been planning on having a bit of MDMA tomorrow night. I've been reading around on the topic and have gathered that beta blockers are the way to go, but it seems they take a few weeks to becomeeffective.
Now what's written in this post would make my answer pretty clear if I had been taking a full dosage every day, but I haven't. Seeing as I've just started on the stuff, I'm still on half-dosage, and I haven't taken any for the last few days. Has anyone had more recent experience with this? Would a smaller dosage be ok (1/3~1/2 a point)? And does Aurorix react badly with any other drugs (G, speed, etc.)?
Fast responses would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
smile.gif

P.S. I'm not stupid, and if I don't hear any reasons why it should be ok then I won't be doing it. So please don't flame me, I can't be blamed for trying, here
smile.gif

------------------
"Rock over London, rock on Chicago!" - Wesley Willis

Thanks Black Cat!! I started taking Aurorix about 2 weeks ago and I have taken pills since then, luckily with no problems - but I wont be taking anymore while Im on Aurorix. I cant believe the doctors who prescribe this stuff dont tell people of the dangers of taking ecstasy - especially since it is given to a lot of young people. Thanks again - hope everythings cool for you now.

I have been taking Aurorix for about 7-8 weeks, and have had a lot of drugs in that time. I only just recenty found out what type of antidepressant it actually is, and then was told that it's really not good to combine it with E (as opposed to SSRI's, which are apparently manageable where E is concerned). I also found out that it's not recommended to have 5HTP with MAOI's (didn't say why though). I am really thankful that I read this thread, and it's lucky nothing like this happened to me ----> was it definitely caused by the Aurorix, peeps? I'll lay off until I discuss stuff w/ my doc...thanks dudes for the insight
smile.gif

------------------
Rien ne soit plus important que l'amour
If you want to change the world, start with yourself.
Have you seen my dog? :)