Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Prozac's ingredients?

Acid_Reign

Bluelighter
I've got a close friend that loves to roll who's just been diagnosed depressant and given what i believe to be an SSRI. I can't remember the product name but the active ingredient is 100mg fluvoxamine maleate. I remember beng told that prozacs active ingredient was fluvoxamine. What i want to know is, will this affect her rolls? and can she/me us this in the same manner as prozac for prevent brain damage.
I searched for 25mins and got nothing. So please no search nazi's.

Prozac is a brand name for FLUOXETINE HYDROCHLORIDE. it is an SSRI
FLUVOXAMINE MALEATE is also an SSRI but is a different chemical. it is often sold under the brand name LUVOX (although it may be differently branded in australia.
if your friend takes MDMA while on a course of SSRIs it is doubtful that she will feel any of the good effects. i can only guess that she has been put on a course of them and not just taking them every now and again.
this is difference between using it as medication and using it as a postload to prevent neurotoxicity. SSRIs stay around in the body for weeks or more, so if you are taking them regularly you will definitly feel less effect from MDMA. with a post-load the idea is to take both the MDMA and the prozac no more than once a fortnight.
does this make sense?
FLUVOXAMINE MALEATE is unrelated to prozac and other SSRIs as it belongs to a completely different family of chemicals, the 2-aminoethyl oxime ethers
of aralkylketones. it may not be a good idea to use this for a post load regime but then again 'm not qualified to make that call. ask raverdoc.
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 27 July 2000).]

Well from the info you have given it sounds like it's LUVOX (Fluvoxamine Maleate).
LUVOX is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). It may also be used to treat depression. It was found that fluvoxamine inhibited neuronal uptake of serotonin. So in many ways it works the same way as Pozac - however be very careful taking this yourself, it has many side effects.
http://www.psyweb.com/Drughtm/luvox.html
Hope this is some help to you
smile.gif

Stay Safe
smile.gif

------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

hey, I know who the person who he is talking about, and they are prescribed "Luvox" as you have all stated...
frown.gif

hey, I just visited that website and to quote:
"Normal dosage:
If under 18 years of age, DO NOT USE!
18 to 60 years of age, 50mg bedtime.
Over 60 years of age, Lower dosage."
go figure, shes 17...