Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

EZ Testing multiple substances simultaneously

Big D Man

Bluelighter
Question:
Does anyone have any test results that were taken from mixed substances? eg: Speed and MDMA...
Conventional wisdom indicates that it is very rare to have more than one active substance in a single pill.
However, many locally manufactured pills are made from diluting and re-pressing imported pills. I don't find it un-likely that these sometimes have speed or some other (non-MDxx) substance added to help "stretch" them out.
That being the case, would a combined MDMA-Speed pill test orange or black? Or some other colour?
I don't have any speed currently on hand to check
frown.gif

Maybe someone can mix a small amount of MDMA powder (or obtain some some from a crushed GOOD pill) with some speed and post the results.
NB: I've posted this here, rather than in the pill testing section, as I believe this to be a local phenomenon.
Modorators: Feel free to move this post if you think it is appropriate.
------------------
Toeing the line vs. the "E-Conspiracy"

Good question Big D Man.
I'm sure this is something many of us have wondered and it's about time we got to the bottom of it!

Shamelessly bumping own post in search of expertise...
------------------
Toeing the line vs. the "E-Conspiracy"

um...don't quote me on this D man...but i remember reading someone's post ( i think it might have been Big Trancer) and they said that if a pill contains a lot of speed, and just a little mdma, it will still test purple because mdma overrides the speed... and purple overrides the yellow...
can anyone confirm/deny this???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I had my tester out one night doing a few tests for some friends, and a mate handed me a tiny pile of powder on a scrap of foil, saying "test that and tell me what you think". Intrigued by the challenge, I transferred the powder from the foil, onto a clear glass plate, and put a piece of white paper under the plate so I could better watch the colour changes. With good lighting, I put a drop of EZ Test solution on the powder, and watched carefully as the powder instantly turn a bright orange colour. The reaction progressed rapidly, turning dark red within the next second, and then the colour intensified for about half a second to a vibrant red colour before a dark purple stain began to flood throughout the solution. Within four more seconds the entire solution had turned dark purple/black. Turned out the powder was the remains of a powdered mixture they had put into some party caps, initially a couple of good-quality MDMA pills plus a point of pure speed.
My personal feeling would be that the presence of MDxx chemicals in your test sample could obscure the results you may see from other contaminants because the purple colour is too dark to observe orange or green through. Fortunately, however, it seems that the reaction of the Marquis reagent to speed is faster than that of MDxx, so if there is speed in your test sample as well as MDxx then you'll see the orange spread just prior to the purple reaction. This may not always be the case though, as I'm sure that testing conditions (purity/preparation of sample, test surface, testing liquid temp/age etc) have a lot to do with the reliability of the results.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

Sorry, only just spotted this post...
We have tested multiple substances at The Peak! and here's what we found.
The links to photos below show two things, both from the same test. The test consisted of one drop of 'E' kit solution on a mixture of 10-1 cut speed and Glucodin ( a pretty much standard street grade of commonly cut speed) and a decent scraping from a Mitsubishi Turbo from June ( a known MDxx filled pill and one almost everyone agrees was the bet street pill of the last 6 months or so). The amounts we were used were equal of both substances and no more than you usually test when doing an 'E' kit test.
The results? The first photo is taken 4 seconds after the drop touched the mixed powders. As you can see, it's reacted in the typical 'speed' way...orangey/redish tinge throughout.
http://www.the-peak.com.au/_e_/speed-mdma_mix2.jpg
Now the second photo. Taken 15 seconds later, you can start to see the distinctive purplish tinge of the MDxx start to come through and colour the sample. These photos don't do complete justice to the colours of course, but I can tell you it was very easy to see that this sample had both speed AND an MDxx component present.
http://www.the-peak.com.au/_e_/speed-mdma_mix.jpg
Hope that answers your question?
------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

yep according to a friend there was a reaction which indicated the prescence of both speed and MDXX in the plain green pills I posted on pill reports.
Apparently it went orange and then to balck very quickly.
The pill didn't knock me off me feet like some other good MDXX pill so perhaps that was due to the speed content.

Well I have had exactly this experience - double colour change when testing a pill. I tested a white mitsubishi on the 15th of July. When I scrapped a bit of the pill onto the white saucer, the particles scattered so that there was two or three tiny islands of powder. The E-tester dropper spilled out two drops which encompassed all three islands and each island changed a different colour. One went orange right away, another went black right away and in the third, the particles went black but the liquid surrounding the particles went orange...
I suspect that there was both Speed and MDXX in this pill (more likely MDEA).
So yes, there was definietly two separate reactions from the same pill. The saucer was completely clean before i used it, so no adverse reactions there.
Hope this helps
smile.gif

Yes, but also consider that taking scrapings from the surface of a pill can be misleading, as at some time prior to landing in your posession, the pill could have been carried in a bag which previously contained speed (or anything else for that matter). If any residue from the other chemicals contaminated or coated the surface of the pill, then this could lead to a "false" positive result. The reaction is positive in the sense that the chemical indicated was actually present, but false in the sense that it's not really implying that the pill contains this chemical. For that reason, if practical, it is often advisable to take your test sample from the middle of the pill. Break it in half, and scrape a small amount of powder from the centre of the pill. This will also give you good insight into how well-pressed the pill is. There have been a number of times when I have broken open a shiny hard pill which looks really well pressed, only to find that it is crumbly/soft on the inside.
BigTrancer
smile.gif