• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

i can't get high anymore. has anyone else experienced this?

deviate

Bluelighter
i smoked multiple times a day every day for almost 2 years. the way it affected me certainly changed quite a lot during that period but it always remained euphoric, at least during the first part of the high. just recently my highs took an unexpected turn for the worse. the euphoria i used to get from smoking simply disappeared. i would get a slight mood lift and then feel like crap the rest of the day. i actually feel better and happier when sober than i do when high. i thought it was just my tolerance getting too high so i quit for 5 days. when i smoked again after the 5 day break, i got incredibly stoned but there were still no euphoric feelings. no real "high". generally when i quit for a long time and smoke again i have a very psychedelic experience but not euphoric, i have to smoke several times before i start to experience the euphoria i love so much. so thinking that might be the problem ive been smoking casaually since then but its still not working. being stoned is a completely different feeling now, it consists of altered perception, a mind fuck and anxiety. the happy buzz is just gone. it doesn't matter how much i smoke. ive tried low doses and high doses but its hard for me to even tell if i'm high or not. there's no buzz. the good part of the high is gone and i go straight to the after affects. has anyone else experienced this? does it get any better if you quit for say 6 months or a year? its gonna be hard getting used to life without any euphorias.

Yes man, smoking for 2 years straight everyday, then taking a 5 day break won't quite bring back the good ol' highs. You must take a big one. Try 6 months like you asked in your post, although i think thats a bit much, since i beleive i read somewhere that the thc starts leaving your body rapidly at around week 2. If i was as desperate as you, i would try between 1 and a half months to two months.

If you can't live that long with out euphoria, its time to take a look at what your lifes become. If you cant do that, then i suggest going to this site for some help http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=manly_suicide ... just kidding of course. So i say a break is in order.

ok, ill try 3 months. but do i need to go 3 months completely clean? would smoking like once a week during that period to see how it was prevent my tolerance from going down?

go completly clean dude, i did this for about a month and boy did it work. Its still not going to be anyweres as good as when you first started smokin, but hey you get high atleast.

its not a problem for me to go without seeing as how i don't enjoy it anymore. maybe i will try 3 months completely clean.

Try the three months thing. it helps. I took a break for a while, just to give my lungs a rest plus to lower my tolerance. And I feel much better nowadays, with regards to my lungs and getting high

u don't need a 3 month break it takes about a month for it to get out of your system.... take a 1 1/2 month break

Well mate, i have smoked a total of less that ten times in four years and i struggle to get high. I have been high once, and this wasn't intense. I seem to get either really lazy or extremely paranoid. Never high. So yeah, it might just be you changing. However i doubt that because you have been high shit loads before.

I'm sorry, i have a fever and can't think straight haha. Sorry guys, this reply really didnt make sense.

Peace

I would say quit for a month and exercise by running and/or lifting weights. You will get a euphoric high from the endorphins going to your brain, as well as improve your body's endurance and strength. Plus, doing this will burn the fat cells that the thc is obsorbed in, thus even more drastically cleansing the body of thc. Drink a lot of water too, like a gallon a day. If you do all these, you will find that you can get just about as high as you did when you first started smoking. Me personally, I like to smoke before I work out because it gives me double the high. :) hope i helped

As you would of guessed by the replies, you're not the only one... Have a bigger break, and try to deal with some of these thoughts pot brings out. Maybe you're missing something, or not finished something.. Smoke up again when you're in a great mood and theres nothing bad to think about.. Or you could keep smoking lots, which could lead to more anxiety, or just no high at all. All drugs work best in moderation. (shit, and this proves it, I just had to spend a good minute thinking of the word "moderation"..)

These threads might be of help too.

Dealing with Anxiety/Paranoia
THC Tolerance

When you smoke a lot for a long period of time, this happens. It has happened to a lot of my friends. I knew a guy last year that was smoking pot for YEARS. I mean, longer than 2 years.. He was smoking for 7-8 years. He always would tell me that he had to take long breaks and just sell weed because he gets to the point where weed doesn't do much for him.

Then, I realized last year that taking long breaks helps a lot. I was smoking weed for 2 and a half years and then I got busted. When I was smoking for those 2.5 years, I wouldn't just be smoking a joint a day or something, I would be smoking a shitload everyday. When I got busted, I was getting to the point with weed that it wasn't the same high that I loved.

I stopped smoking when I got put on probation. I was actually thinking that weed was a waste of money because it really wasn't doing much for me. After 6 months and I was off probation, I decided to smoke up again. I smoked a blunt with my friends and after that blunt, I was BAKED while my friends were just high. I felt like it was my first time getting high again!

So my advice to you: Take a few months off weed.

i wonder if the receptors (that the THC binds to) in your head have become a bit worn or something. like with mdma if you end up taking too much your serotoin becomes depeleted.....same thing probably happens to pot smokers.

i wonder what sort of research has happen

This is *exactly*, to the letter, what happened to me these past few months! Goddamn, words can't describe how surprised I am at the exact likeness of our situations.

That having been said, it's happened to me twice. Once last year, then after a long break I began again. It's taken me six months to get to that place again, whilst the first time took me 2 years.

The first break I took was 148 days (you'd better BELIEVE I was counting!:) ) which is over four months. Went back to smoking, LIKED (but not loved) it again, for a long time. Fast Forward to september of this year. Smoking becomes shitty again. Euphoria, peacefulness and universival love have been replaced with a mind fuck, anxiety, odd physical sensations, over-tiredness and the munchies. I quit again about 2 weeks ago, and I think I'm in this for the long run - possibly another 4 month break or so, though things arent looking to hopeful. My BEST advice is to stay completely clean of weed for the entirety of your break and report back with the results.

It's sorta depressing:\

it's sad, isn't it?

i used to love pot as much as anyone
now whenever i smoke it....just doesn't get me high

and yet i keep smoking it again and again, to no avail, hoping to attain a high like i had years ago

IVe found that a 25 day break will bring back the Euphoria, Ive never quit for a longer period than that since like 8th grade im in college. I've found that switching types of weed helps. Same weed all the time you get used to it, try a diff strain, you could smoke KB all day for a couple days and then try some regs, and since it is diff bud it can give you a way better high.

meh,

people always think not smoking for a while will lower their tolerance a whole lot and then they'll be able to get euphoric...

i think a lot of these people are in denial that the drug has lost its value to them

i NEVER get euphoric from weed anymore....

i will still smoke it, but it is just not really that enjoyable. i never have "trips" anymore...EVER. i never feel euphoric, fuck no. i never have fits of laughter. the only thing that still remains is music sounding better while high. and i still get the munchies, but those are just annoying. i don't even know why i bother smoking anymore. probably because i won't do other drugs...

sh0ck3r said:
meh,

people always think not smoking for a while will lower their tolerance a whole lot and then they'll be able to get euphoric...

i think a lot of these people are in denial that the drug has lost its value to them

i NEVER get euphoric from weed anymore....

i will still smoke it, but it is just not really that enjoyable. i never have "trips" anymore...EVER. i never feel euphoric, fuck no. i never have fits of laughter. the only thing that still remains is music sounding better while high. and i still get the munchies, but those are just annoying. i don't even know why i bother smoking anymore. probably because i won't do other drugs...

you're kidding right?
the situation you've described yourself as being in is exactly the same as the posters with tolerance problems.

dude.. just quit smoking for awhile.. there are so many threads where people with a high tolerance who don't like using the search engine post hoping to find some miracle cure that will make getting high better for them.. you smoked too much, point blank.. not to say that there's an amount that too much, but too much for your body and such.. the longer you quit, the better it will be when you start up again.