• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Does Anyone Suffer from these Side Effects??

TrancePlant

Bluelighter
Hi everyone....Love this site/board.
I am here to find out more on the side effcts of certain pills. I have been partying in melbourne for around three years now and have noticed that certain types of pills that havegone around in that time have cause various side effects on my body. The most interesting and probably the most serious would have to be siezures. Usually only brought on by speedy pills, I seem to suffer from these "siezures" two or three days after taking pills. These usually occur at the point just before you fall asleep and feel like you are being sucked into the bed almost like the sensation of falling but I cant move for a few seconds and am paralysed from the head down but still know whats going on and can hear and see everything. I can get myself out of the seizures quite easity but am worried that they will get serious. I am not a heavy drug user....dont go out too much anymore and i have never had any bad experiences with pills and have never taken morethan two in one night (usually take one or one and a half). Just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.
(I have never experienced seizures before experimenting with drugs and have ben told that some pills may cause them as well as the combination of lack of sleep and food).
Thanks and Party Safe

Yes, Tranceplant..
I get them as well. Usually after the 3rd night of partying and scoffing bags full of pills, pot, goey and acid...
Sometiems they are associated with flashbacks. Also they regularly occur in dreams when I wake up to an alarm and can't move because I'm having a seizure. I have had them for a week after a big party week dropping a cup of coffee whilst talking to parents! OOPPS.
I think it could be just sensory overload yeah??
Too many drugs.
Any explanations???

its fucked hey,scares the shit outta you!!
at first i used to let out a faint "whimper" ive learned to just relax not freak out let my self seize,then crash out.....routine kinda!!
smile.gif

I thought I was the only one!
GOod to hear I'm not alone. They're not really full on or anything but sometimes they may happen up to 10 times in a day at anytime/anyplace. Usually lessoning as the days go by.

After my wife and me have been partying I notice her twitching in bed the next time we sleep. Some of the twitches are really quite big.
It scares the fuck out of me.

Yes its happened to me too.
This started for me a couple of years ago.
Plus, i was wondering if anyone has this other little side-effect if you want to call it that.
By this i mean when giving the 'pills' a break for say a month or more, does anyone have bad nigthmares?
I get terrible nightmares after about 4-5weeks since last ecstasy intake. It happens for a couple of nights then everythings sweet.
Outta here...
------------------
My life is simply
Defined by every
Magnificent experience
Acquired by E.

same thing happened to my friend... only a little more severe... couldn't move at all and couldn't pull herself outta it... but she got some rest and she was fine... went to the hospital at first and they attributed it directly to her drug use... like I always say... we are dealing with dangerous shite... take care people
------------------
The Strange Guy with the Equally Strange Hair

with the night twitches, that *might* not be anything to do w/ drugs.. i've had them occasionally for the longest time, since before i ever did any e/speed etc. some ppl just get em. i think possibly related to "irritable legs syndrome" which can get twitchy.
eep. i just remembered that irritable legs comes from a slight degeneration of the nerves - not enough to cause any functional loss, just annoying. maybe drugs are facilitating something that might happen anyways, who knows?
stay well n smilez everyone
smile.gif

I have been getting the twitch thing since I was a little kid! Usually it is because I am nearly asleep and kind of half-dreaming. In this dream I usually jump or fall or go to take a step or something and for some reason my body decides that 'Hey, this is real, better move!'
Anyway, dont know if it is the same thing or not, but I find that kinda weird when it happens!

i've always had the twitches..so has husband..i used to notice with an exBF years ago, that when he'd been smoking heaps of dope, that he'd twitch extra bad.
the best one, was when my husband was having a dream that he was playing soccer, and kicked the ball...however..the ball in reality was me! ouch!
wink.gif

My dog gets the twitches all the time and he doesn't do any drugs, or maybe he is not telling me something!
smile.gif

Wow, your description matches my experiences very closely... for me it felt as if I was descending through my bed Freddy Krueger style into a pool of honey... unable to move.
I've always assumed that after several days of sleep deprivation that my body was falling asleep but with the conscious part of my brain still alert.
Sometimes this happens when I'm day-dreaming infront of the TV and I jerk myself awake... but the in bed "pool" experience is quite amazing... You can usually think yourself awake... but now I try to explore this experience.
I think the part that scares you is that you find yourself paralysed and it's a shock to discover yourself no longer consciously breathing (or indeed capable of controlling your breath)...
But I see no reason for this to be scary, if you think of it as a kind of concious sleep. My tip is to enjoy the experience of having consciousness during sleep... see what you can discover...
DSF

I read somewhere that the twitch thing when you're falling asleep is something to do with electrical impulses from your brain...
'Twitches while falling asleep are called hypnagogic myoclonus, myoclonus being any sort of involuntary muscle spasm and hypnagogic referring to sleep. The twitches occur during very light sleep as the conscious brain gradually relinquishes control of the motor functions. Often they're accompanied by a sense of falling, or the feeling that something is flowing through the body, and sometimes people will experience vivid dreams or hallucinations.'
From The Straight Dope

bahahaha!! twitches - orion i think u need to read this thread!!
paralysis? how fucken scary, u poor bastards......knew there was a reason i stay away from speedy stuff. but i do get the sensation of falling quite frequently when just about to fall asleep (especially on the train just b4 i hit my head on the window really loudly and eveyone looks at me)as well as twitches or even whole body spasms (maybe both of these are naturally occurring?)but never full-on paralyis...
hey sleeper, aren't nightmares (or generally just dreams) related in some way to seratonin levels and/or production?

Arc....That line cracked me up! You made my day at work worthwhile..he he he he..Your dog has probably 'sniffed' some bits that fell out of your pocket! Or he's raiding your room when you're out!
Yeah, I've had the twtwtwitwtwtttwitches since a kid! I thought I was odd (I probably am anyway ;-) ) but then my gf has twitched many atime in bed. Oooh that was probably due to something I did... ;-)
Keep twitchin' folks!
Have a lovely evening all..Time for home is here and Mr Hoffy awaits!
Adios

Yep i'm outa the closet...
i'm a sleep twitcher.
smile.gif

good description milkybar, the twitches happen like u said because when your going to sleep your body is relaxing.
It's not my fault!! i was born this way...
I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!!!
hmmm... maybe i should go to sleep in the bath and throw the washing in.
wink.gif

Funnyhear about the twitches- i've also noticed with my gf and i, but i hadn't related it to e (don't do THAT much do I??!?)
Bit of a worry really
smile.gif

I get sleep paralysis too, except i've got it before i started rolling, but more often after i roll... i cant move or anything and i feel a heavy weight stacked on me. Sometimes i get spasms where i fully twitch and wake myself up.
but the weirdest is when you dream that you woke up but you didnt really, and you're still in the dream, and it happens like 4 or 5 times until you REALLY wake up, and you keep struggling in your dream to wake up but you cant and you're pushing your arms out to wake and stuff.
I sound TOO weird.... does anyone know what i'm talking about or am i just full freaky or something?? hmmm.....
*goes to bed*

Gawd I thought i was the only looney here to have those...good to see that if i get committed i won't be on my own..but hey i have found that a little line of goey stops mine and i'd be interested to know if anyone else does the same as me.
Life is just an illusion
created by the lack of
good drugs.

yep ami, happens to me too. (not being able to move that is
smile.gif
)
it happened before i had done any pills, but the weird thing is 'cos its happened so often i've been able to induce it. (usually when i'm bored.)
...hmmm getting bored while i'm asleep. i must have crap dreams.