Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Indonesia

lovebubble

Bluelighter
Anyone beento Indonesia lately?,is there a bit of a rave scene there,which are the best islands to hang,surf,chill out on with little or no cash?how is the political situation these days? any info appreciated!!

I spent a few weeks over in Bali a month or so ago. I can assure you that there's no political trouble there and you'll have a great time.
Your cash goes a long way there. I spent most of my time in Kuta/Legian and lived like a king on a fairly tame budget. If you want to see the island you can hire a car and a driver for around $10 a day (petrol included)
Alcohol is dirt cheap, especially if you like Bintang (the local beer) or Jungle Juice (the local firewater). The drugs are freely available, but be carefull with who you buy them off or you may have to bribe your way out of jail. The waves are as good as I've ever seen, but sometimes the water is a little dirty.
Have fun!
P.S.- If you have any more questions mail me!
[This message has been edited by plastikman (edited 19 July 2000).]

Recently did the same, the political situation is not an issue if you still to bali, but Lombok was pretty bad when i was there.
Stuff is cheap, you could realistically live on less than $20 a day, and eat out 3 times in that. Waves were disappointing when i was there, i went to Padang Padang and some of the other famous breaks, but found them to only be 2 foot well shaped swell. better luck with your wave hunting.
I was offered pot in the street at least 6 times in a week, always from locals, who looked suss to say the least. I stay steer away from locals if your gunna buy, i think they'd rather mug you than sell you quality drugs.
Alcohol is dirt cheap, but the local versions of the spirits are pretty harsh. Most of all, use your head, be safe and have fun
smile.gif

SD
wink.gif

------------------
"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, and insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

When you walk down the main street in Kuta of a night you get offered hash or marijuana every five minutes. I also frequently got offered coke, E and meth.
The trouble is that the cops give the drugs to the guys to sell. Once they sell it then the cops arrest you and the guy gets to keep his money.
Don't sweat it though, a drug conviction in Bali can get you a few years in jail, but you can bribe your way out of it for five bucks.
Your best bet is to get a local that you meet (say at your hotel) to go and get the drugs for you. That's what I did and it worked out fine.

Hey guys,thanks for info,,another thing,are all the shots really necesary or does it depend which area you are in or time of year,(malaria,hepatitus etc)
------------------

I found it next to impossible to score anything but hash while I was in Bali. I wasn't offered any chemicals either and didn't see anyone 'under the influence' of any.
If the locals offer you pot etc take a look - 9 times out of 10 it looks hell dodgy (as in wrapped in plastic so you can't see it properly etc etc) Give them the Mr mackey "drugs are bad" lecture, itproduces some funny reactions. We took some pot over with us and were alright.
You don't need any shots for Bali but check lonelyplanet.com for advice if you plan to travel anywhere obscure.
We hired a jeep and sadly couldn't find any decent surf around Bali, 1m swell tops.

Re: The Shots.
You never know though, it might be better to be safe than sorry, why risk it?
Esp. if you are dumping or anything while over there...
Wouldn't that break down you immune system a bit?
I always find that I get sicker easier while under the influence!
jaX*

For the shots. Go to your GP. Ask what you need. If you are a student and have a HCC (health care card), most immunisations are $3.20. I got hep and malaria injections.
But definately get tropical strength aeroguard. It protects against the malaria carrying mosquitos.
Re purchasing drugs: Never saw any chems on offer, only really shitty looking pot. Offered to me several times by really dirty looking gangs of teenagers. Wouldn't trust them as far as i could kick them.
Remember in indo, an aussie is seen as a very rich target for a mugger. In shops and changing money, they will try and probably succeed in taking some money off your hands. Be careful where you go alone, and always stay in well lit areas. (I'm not meaning to scare you, but two swedish backpakers we spoke to had been bashed and robbed)
Be careful, and have fun.

Aso regarding the shots...If you don't like the idea of three needles all in the same ass cheek, go to the dr early enough (6 weeks beforehand)and get oral immunisation for typhoid and malaria. Hep A and B are both in the same shot.

Just returned from a couple of weeks there myself. If you're after magic mushrooms, go to Midnight Oil Bar in Kuta. They make mushroom milkshakes there, drink in or take away for around $13AUS. Don't go with any Indonesians or else they won't give you anything. They'll think the person is a cop.
As for E's, Acid, Coke or anything else, hang around Seminyak(particularly Double Six or Gado-Gado nightclubs.) This whole area is full of drugs. Meet some locals but exercise caution. I've never had problems getting my hands on anything over there, you just have to be careful who you buy from. The area in Seminyak is more evolved than Kuta as mostly Europeans stay there and it's really layed back with lots of cool people to meet.
Goodluck on your search!

Forgot to tell you about the parties over there! Black Moon parties once a month around Uluwatu and saw some fliers for other parties as well. Hope you have fun but be careful when changing money. Only change at the authorised changers. They usually display a certificate and have the lowest rates. It was around 5,300 rupiah for one Aus dollar. The higher rates are bullshit, they either don't have any money or they will rip you off! Have fun!

If you are going to cash your money cash a little at a time and make sure you get big notes (eg- 50,000 rp.)
I bought four small joints off a seedy bloke in Legian. I paid about $5 Aussie dollars for them and I thought I'd been ripped off bad, they were small, skinny and smelt like leaf.
I smoked them a few hours later. Two joints in and I was more stoned than I've ever been, and I have smoked a fair bit of chronic in my time.
Bali dope is good. The E and other hard drugs are not to hard to find, especially if you meet a trustworthy local in the know.
I paid a local about a months wages (120,000rp/$30 aussie dollars) to hunt down some good coke for me. He came up with the goods and I bought about two grams of it for (200,000 rp/50$ aussie dollars). Easily some of the best and the cheapest coke that I've ever had!

thanx for taking the time to answer,,still a bit confused about the 'shots' thing though,I have heard of people having long lasting medical problems due to having the malaria shot,,but if you opt not to have them & are unlucky enough to get sucked upon by the wrong mozzi,,my question is- how fucked up do you get & for how long? ThE Bub
Keep on rockin'in the free world..........