Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bass & Babys

BliSSS*

Bluelighter
Was just reading through the Roll Call in the meetups and saw that Jelly Head said that there was a bambino on the way and that he had been playing it Drum 'n' Bass to get it used to the beats (or something.. memory going again) and I thought I should post 1. To find out if this (what I'm about to post) is true and if it is 2. To let other people know the danger/risk.
What I'm talking about it the fact that the bass from music can actually kill an unborn child.
I forget how this can happen, but something to do with the bass not rebounding away from the developing form (or something.)
Is this even slightly right, or have I been having my leg pulled?
jaX*

I'm sure I'll hear that Bass can be bad for inborn baby but I cant remember where or why.
I know that if your in the back of a wogs (im one(well 1/2) so its ok) commodore (shit I've got 1) and the doof doof and the nuce nuce is going out of a 12inc. is loud Enough then the poor cunt in the backs hart can beat out of time and apparently die and the younger that person the more at rick they are.

i have never heard of that before, BliSSS, but if it is true i think (very wild guess, actually) that it would have something to do with the sound waves travelling through mummy's tum-tum & affecting foetal development somehow. low frequencies of sound (bass) can travel through things (eg, walls) better than high frequencies which could be why it's only bass that's (apparently) a problem. as long as you don't put the headphones around your tummy or have the music up too loud, i think Jelly Head Junior should be fine.
my imagination is probably working overtime so if anyone has some real knowledge, please share.
------------------
to the crazy person, the normal one is insane

Just to update the situation BliSSS: JellyHead Jnr is now a healthy little 3 month old girl. No problems whatsoever.
In regards to the music education we gave her, it's not like we had the speaker right up against the stomach and had the volume at 11. It was always at a normal room listening level. We did however go to Freaky Loops and Big Day Out, but was at what we considered a safe distance. We even spoke to a doctor and midwife about this and their opinion was that as long as you're not directly in front of the speaker it should be OK.
I guess with pregnancies there is a lot of risks everywhere. If you try to be 100% safe you'll never leave the bedroom. We feel we were responsible in what we did. We were more concerned with the unpredictable crowd at the BDO.
So our girl is happy and enjoying the choons. Now if we can only find some plastic 1210's......
Thanks for the concern anyway Blisss.
[This message has been edited by JellyHead (edited 20 July 2000).]