Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

for the nerds - ICQ 128 bit encryption

j_swift

Bluelighter
howdy
i was digging around and found this program which encrypts those little icq msgs. i'm still working out how to use it, but the gist of it is that anyone who intercepts your icq msgs will have a hard time reading them. currently icq just sends your msgs as plain text so anyone who is in b/w you and your msg recipient can easily monitor what you've said.
if anyone has successfully used this can u icq me
smile.gif

i'm using icq 99b v3.17 build#2565

Just a quick note, I think it might be in everyone's interest to encrypt any icq messages that might concern information regard drug use, and purchase. Honestly, we don't know who may be watching.
Just think of this, alot of Bluelighters post their icq number. Anyone who visits Bluelight. I know if I was a fed, and could intercept icq messages, that I would have a stuck a goldmine in finding Bluelght (Maybe).
------------------
The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live

most people dont clear out their message histories either... all of that would make fantastic evidence if you were being norti...
hushmail seems to be the go, if you are too lazy to get PGP working (which i am)
if anyone wants to get really paranoid they should read "Cryptonomicron" by Neal Stephenson... Van Eck phreaking anyone?
wink.gif

------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

man i don't know why i didn't post this in my first msg.
damn...exam stress is finally melting my brain
anyway i have actually been trying to get an icq encryption program to work. it's called IC-crypt and it attaches itself to the top of icq msgs. i'm not sure how secure the encryption method is though, i think anyone with the same program can decrypt your msg's if they intercept them
the url is http://www.ic-crypt.org.uk
bump
[This message has been edited by j_swift (edited 18 June 2000).]

no, someone else would need your key to de-crypt them. it's based on a 128 bit key length so it would be nigh on impossible to brute force crack.
i haven't played around with the program yet but im guessing it works by allowing you to send an encrypted key to people who you want to be able to read your messages. if someone intercpeted your messages and didnt have this key, all they would see is jibberish...
well i'm going to give it a go. if anyone else has it running we could try messaging back and forth...
oh and for more womderfully paranoid hi-jinks check out this:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.07/haven.html
if and when the Anti-Free Speech Bill goes thru, this is where i think the Bluelight and Hive servers should go...