Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Acid fans, your experience required.

Av

Bluelighter
Ok, I know this board is primarily concerned with MDMA but if was to expect a decent, thoughtfull answer from anybody it would be a bluelighter, so allow me to break the rules just this once mmkay jb?
The story goes like this, I want to try Acid,im quite excited about it, the whole idea of it, especially after the mindblowing experience I had on shrooms, Ive done a fair bit of research and searching but still a few questions lingere, im hoping some of you more experienced psychonaughts can help.
1. Dosage, can I expect visuals off just one paper square? (generally speaking, i realise there are probably different 'strengths' per square, much like MDMA pills), ive heard so much contradicting evidence.
2. Any advice on smoothing out paranoid or 'jittery' nervous feelings (which I am led to believe LSD can cause),I often get these on pot (and hence, rarely use it), not much fun.
3. How does acid mix with other drugs?, would candyflipping be advisable for a 1st time T user? [using the E to put you in a positive/happy mindset for the trip, even a small amount of e?]
4. Is acid totally dependant on mood?, does it have any mood altering effects itself? (I heard something about giggles..hehe)
5. Any other tips/advice or things to look out for/forward to would be greatly appreciated, I plan on doing it at home with a few friends (also trying for their 1st time, and at least one more experienced user)
thanks a million
Peace.
-Av
[This message has been edited by Av (edited 13 June 2000).]

first up this forum is called "drug discussion" for a reason... our main topic is MDMA but always feel free to bring up other drugs... talkin bout rave cullture is another thing entirely
wink.gif

1. you can get visuals of one paper trip, as they can vary greatly in dosage and "type" of acid.. usually one "normal" trip will get you to the threshold of hallucination... but the "every one and every trip is diferent" rule still applies...
why do you ask this question?
2. try and do acid for the first time with other people that have done it before, and in a comfortable environment... avoid doing while out.. it is great to take while out once you've gotten a handle on it, but for a first time it is inadvisable...
3. candyflipping is an ideal way of introducing yourself to acid... you know about set and setting i take it, well the MDMA will put your mind "set" exactly where it needs to be to have a good time... perhaps avoid pot if it gives you a touch of the paranoids, as LSD amplifies such things, which leads us nicely onto point 4
4. strictly speaking acid should just amplify your moods. the old saying is you dont get anything at the party that you didnt bring along yourself. but this said sometimes stuff comes out that you werent comciously aware of. know what i mean?
5. what you said here about doing with an experienced user and at home is all the advice i can really give... other than saying have lots of toys to play with
smile.gif
your tripper friends will know what i mean and i bet you can guess...
really if you just think positive about it should be nothing but fun... but if things do get dark just always remember that this is you on drugs not you, thinking these things, and that tommorrow it will all be over...
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 13 June 2000).]

Av, Johnboy pretty much summed up my thoughts, probably more articulate though.:p
I'm only elaborating a little more with emphasis on what he already stated...
1. Personally, it's not just about the visual, it's about the experience.. it's not just your sight that trips, it's your mind!... You can't look for it, you just feel it..There's only one way to know exactly what I mean..
smile.gif

2. Exactly like Johnboy said, but I'd say not only with people who have done it, but limit it to a few people who you are close with.. less chaos & more trust.
3. I only candyfliped after being semi-experienced on acid.. but I'd say atleast try lsd once before cf'ing, just incase the first trip is strong & overwhelming, which everyone's first strong one always is.
4. I wouldn't call it "dependent" on mood, but every mood will be heightened, ie. if you're happy..you'll feel absolultely blissfull.. sad.. then you may over-react to whatever you're feeling sad too and it may just be that you're shoelace is untied.. just remind yourself ("I AM TRIPPING").. all in all, I'd say, don't trip if you just broke up with you're "life partner" (mwahahaha!) or something depressing like that.
5. Eat more acid.. no!! well not the first time.. eat more acid when you get into it more..and all you Melbourne + Australian vouyers, eat more acid!!! yum ym gobble yumlsakjfdpalskdfjpaslkdfjpaslkdfj
------------------
Winners don't use drugs, they only sell them.

Oh thankyou very much, Johnboy as allways, you deliver the goods
smile.gif

Fireal, thank you also, oh dont get me wrong, i am not in it for the visuals alone, im after something much deeper... lets hope it goes well
smile.gif

JB i ask about visuals/quantity because ive read/been told that you dont really hallucinate until you reach the 3/4 hit mark...sounds odd i know, thought id seek clarification...
anything else.. much appreciated
a few more things.
Been told by most people to just try Acid alone the 1st time (as opposed to flipping)... any real reasons for or against this?
and seen the phrase "if you like pot you will love acid" thrown around a fair bit.....now im not the worlds biggest pot fan (though have had some mad times on it..ahh memories), what similarities are there between the two?..
thankyou
-Av
[This message has been edited by Av (edited 13 June 2000).]

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Acccccccciiiiiid....
This saying is getting all too common --> JB you've done it again! Well you have! The info, the advise, the care...Have yet to meet you JB but you seem like a very decent human being (not making any association with my id here..).
Av..I'm not sure WHY you shouldn't try candyflipping to start with (although all the times I've done it I've had the bbbbbbest time..damn stttttutter...). That said having the acid alone is always a fucking great time. Be it having a 1/3 with friends just to add to a night home or friendly gathering (damn friendly and damn funny!) or a full on day-trip which are intense but worth every LSD molecule.
There are some potent tabs about at the mo' so I suggest you select your acid carefully. First time users (and I remember this) may be anxious and what-not so they do take their toll if you have these thoughts running thru ya brain prior/during the t.
And as JB et al have advised do it with 'experienced' users, comfortable surroundings, fucking awesome music, some lights, friends, things to play with. I would definitely NOT recommend doing the acid on your own, no siree Bob! Better with peeps around to 'help' the experience, have a laugh with (if that's the sort a time it will be).
Why do acid and THC go well together? I'm not really sure but a friend (a Master's degree pharmacy/chem student) told me that the THC molecule and acid share similarities of sorts (please do not take this as gospel I am merely passing on what I've been told..others feel free to correct me or whatever). But when I trip I have to smoke the green as well...It just makes it that much better.
Hope you have a great trip, sit back and enjoy the ride!
Cheers

mmmm 'cid
smile.gif

one of my faves.
I just got a new VCR (haven't had one for like 5 months - old one broke) so we (me and 3 mates) are celebrating the return of video's by getting 4 trips each and 1/2 oz of weed and having a weekend of tripping and movies. should be brilliant!
I think as long as you have friends around you nothing bad can go wrong. if you feel a little bit weird in any way just talk about it with them.
I mean a little weirdness has to be expected, but if it does seme to be getting too much, just talk. its the best rememdy i've found to just about any problem.
should be no probs tho. I think another important tip would be just to go with the flow. when you try and fight it is i think when some problems can occur.
if your in a nice secure, comfy surrounds (i think you said you were doing it at home ?) then you know where everything is and how everything works and there is naught to worry about.
just remember to do up your seatbelt before take off!
smile.gif
have a blast!
HappyCamper
Find yourself sitting there,
Bored beyond belief?
Take some LSD!
Ahhh what a relief.

I have to ditto everybody's replies before me, however i also want to add one more thing. You said you love mushies and wanted to try trips. Both are great but they are nothing like each other. The mushroom trip is a much more earthy, intense trip, whereas the paper trip is much more chemical. So keep your mind open and have no expectations at all and you will go right off - woohooo
Have a great one

Yay! Acid! Yummy!
Acid is so much fun on it's own, and if it was my first time, I wouldn't want to change the feeling by candyflipping.
The best thing about acid is that everything is different. Your whole environment is in a different perspective. And the other great thing is that you can't describe the way it feels properly at all, ever... like a secret world!
Be careful of your negative feelings while you are tripping, take it with good friends somewhere cosy...
Acid is the most awesome drug because you can't be bored when you are on it, it's a drug that entertains you, and it is so much fun.
I've had acid experiences that I've laughed all the way through, leaving my jaw and stomach aching. Everything looks cool too.
As for the physical feeling, it can be a bit unpleasant at times... you have a weird queasiness that comes and goes when you start to peak and while you are peaking (does anyone else get that?) but sometimes you can think it away and it goes. And coming down you might get acid pains, aching in your limbs.
Coming down off acid most of the time is ok, because in my experience a lot of the time there is no come down. But I've also had some nasty come downs. The experience is like you are back in reality but everything is still a bit weird...
Anyway I hope this gives you more idea of what you are in for...
HAVE FUN!

yep...one of the most important things is NOT TO FIGHT THE ACID...if u do fight "the trip" it takes u on, it can be very unpleasant and u can get cought up in acid loops...and keep thinking for hours that there is no way out of it EVER...so just let it take ur mind wherever it wants...at leas the first time...later u might be able to control it, but probably not the first time.
another important thing which everyone mentioned is BE AROUND PEOPLE THAT U TRUST, KNOW WELL AND LIKE...that way if/when "the fear" kicks in (i always get the fear on acid at one point or another) u will know that it's just trip that is creating the paranoid visions/sounds in your head and not the people u r with...
lastly make sure u have things to do. if u just sit back and let the acit fry ur brain, uh it can freale u out a little for the first time...the things ur brain comes up with when left alone with some acid can truly be amazing and scary at the same time...
they were all the bad sides of acid...but once u experience them a few times u turn them into good things...hehehe...
wink.gif

the rest is all good, the stupid laugh, the fraky visuals (if ur lucky), the games ur mind plays, the things u do while ur tripping, + + + + + more...
another piece of advice...have a video camera with u on the nite...my friends and i taped my first trip...DEAR GOD, one of the funniest and most memorable tapes i ever had...just to see how hammerd i was and the shit i said and did....DAMN!!!
adic - love it, use it, but respect it
wink.gif

------------------
No, I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be. Am an attendant Lord, the one that will do, to swell a progress, start a scene or two. Advise the Prince.

The replies above have been right on the money, so I'll try to avoid repeating what has already been said and share what have evolved into my "rules of tripping"...they work for me and should be advantageous to a 1st time tripper...
1)Be in a good mind-set going in
2)Stay away from straight people...you will be operating on a very different wavelength, hang out with people that are also tripping.
3)Trip with people you care about and like
4)Trip outdoors...nothing beats being in a natural enviroment when tripping...even if it is just a short adventure in the back yard or local park.
Oh, I wouldn't recommend candy flipping the first time, I just think it's better to experience acid on it's own , before you experiment with "cocktails". That said, try it the 2nd time...it kicks ass!
I smoke pot pretty regularly, and personally don't think it is similar to acid at all...except that they are both popular with hippies
smile.gif

NB: If you are hoping to learn from your trip, the best insights are when you are on the down side of the bell curve (ie the second half of your trip duration after you have peaked). That's when your mind really goes to work, and more importantly, you'll be able to remember and bring back some knowledge.
E has made me a better person.
LSD has made me a smarter person.
------------------
Toeing the line vs. the "E-Conspiracy"

I dont think its about the visuals. Its the most common description, but visuals are only part of the trip. The first few times I took acid, i didnt get them. But other times later on i did. Yes, one square is enough to get visuals though - like with pills - different ones do different things.
2. It wont take you anywhere you dont want to go, really. You may get jittery, but its cool. I've been able to stay in control because I know its because of the acid that I'm feeling what I'm feeling, and if other more experienced people are around they can tell you - its cool - let it happen.
3. I've quite often smoked pot with it, and it just makes it even better. calms you down a little. even the first time. but i dont know what to say about flipping first time. i wouldnt - i didnt. i think taking a pill as well the first time might be a bit too much, but thats just me. i have flipped once, and it is a lot of fun, but i'm glad i didnt the first time. its probably not a bad idea, but its up to you really. You should take it when you're in a positive mindset to start off with.
4. I dont know about being dependant on mood. It could be sometimes, but I find that it picks you up and makes you generally in a pleasant mood - but is that because i was already like that beforehand? Yeah, you could be giggling at the most normal things like a wall or a tv or something - the first time i thought it was hilarious that the sky was pink at sunset - just laughed and laughed.
5. When I had it the first time, I was with three friends that had done it before - and if i had any concerns along the way they could fill me in at any point and i could look to them for reassurance. I think thats the best way.
The best tip is to just have one trip and dont expect anything in particular. it will do things to you for sure, but dont be thinking "man, its not working.. why isnt it working?" or "its been three hours now.. why aren't i getting visuals yet?".
just have fun - you'll love it and you can make your judgements of it later. (i LOVED it
smile.gif
and i've done it many more times since)
GOOD LUCK!

as soon as i saw this thread i said to myself......i bet fireal is the first to reply..hehe.......well i was almost right
smile.gif
....i have nothign more to add except..
acid
is
fun
smile.gif

------------------
Cause life aint nothing but a good groove
A good mix tape to put you in the right mood

Some tips from four years at the Ravesafe tent (and a number of years - not now - when acid was my favourite drug)
* if you are feeling overwhelmed, try and reduce stimulus - move further away from the speakers if you're out, go somewhere lights are less intense
* avoid stressful situations like having to go through a train station on your way somwhere
*with candyflipping - i love it too - but i would really recommend only using an e you have had before. this should help you to focus on the rising effects of the acid rather than any stressing about what's doing what, and should help avoid any nausea
* we find a lot that physical factors can have major impacts on a trippers mental state - if you're cold, too hot, dehydrated, hungry (acid has been known to both stimulate and decrease appetite), or hurt, Unfortunately it can be hard to tell during the experience - so think ahead about the conditions you may encounter
* re dosage - in terms of visuals, there are obviously a number of levels. Firstly you have colour and sound intensification and distortion, what's called sensory tyransfer _you run a hand down your arm and see stars, or haer music and see colors etc), then distortion of existing objects (walls melting, why is that coke can smoking a bong?), and the what are often referred to mas "true hallucinations", or a complete construction of images and situations. If you've had mushies you're probagbly familiar with most forms of these. Generally a first time tripper on a whole tab will at the very lest experience massive color intensification, and generally some visual distortion. It generally takes very good acid or several tabs to reach the "true" level, but anythings possible
* an acid experience can be l,ooked at in four stages (this is best, and ususal, case scenario - come-on ( 30 mins - 90 mins) lights intensify, fluttering tummy, giggles), Plateau (2-3 hours after consumption), effects continue to strengthen, Peak (3-4 hours), often entails a complete disaccociation from surroundings, intense hallucinations, general hilarity, and Comedown, including lots more giggling and general happiness which will probably last at least until you go to sleep (watch the movie shows behind your eys as your drifting off. pot is very likely to intensify the situation if smoked anywhere before the comedown. If your trip has been really happy, you may want to smoke at this stage to ease any comedown pains or stresses, its your choice obviously.
Bon appetit!
------------------

wow... these answers were exactly what I was looking for, I could read all the FAQ's in the world and still not get this sort of genuine knowledge gained through experience. Thanks especially for also focusing on the good points of an acid trip, too often I hear all the negative things, which does not create a good mindset to go into the trip with.
Anyway, thanks all, im definately going in with an open (but now, well informed) mind...i love you guys
*mwah*
-Av

This is Awesome
I've got one(my first) sitting in my room waiting right occasion.
The Questions answered here are all the ones that I wanted to know too.
I hope that more people can add their ACID advise/experiences here and it says near the top for other people to read
------------------
Simba

I thought I'd have my little say about the importance of your first trip and of doing it right...
I'll start off by saying my first trip was a disaster. Absolute Hell. Period. I'd gone out (mistake number one, stick to a comfortable relaxed environment, like someone's bedroom
smile.gif
) to a little club (Xsive) with a few friends, only two of which had had acid a few times before, but none of them were really experienced. I'd heard a few stories about acid, but only how much fun it was, and the bad trip stories were made to sound like they could only happen after taking a lot of acid.
So anyway, the four of us got to Xsive and after a little while we dropped our trips. Now it was my first time so I thought I'd be sensible and only take half, so I did and waited around 45 mins and nothing was happening (nothing that I could tell never having had acid before) so I asked one of my friends if it should be doing anything yet (the other's had disappeared (yeah great friends... mistake number 2, be with people who will stick by you)).
He told me it had kicked in faster for him last time, so we might as well take the rest (mistake 3, give it time, you can start to trip and not really realise). Well 15 mins later is kicked in, kicked in hard. Crazy visuals, music strobing in out and around my head, major perspective distortions, and all in all way too much to handle in that environment on my first trip. I don't want to go into too much detail because it still scares me...
But the important thing to point out is that tripping can be an amazing experience (from the stories I've heard) so it's a good thing everyone is talking about it here, it'll mean some people will get out of it what I no longer have the chance to (I can't even think about acid without freaking out a little)
Ahh if only I could go back and do it properly... sigh...
------------------
Common Sense isn't all that common

WHATTTTTT???? Wish you could GO back? Nahhhhhh, why not just try it AGAIN (I'm not forcing ya here) and have a BETTER time? You know the old saying: If at first you don't like it, try it again ya never know...Hmmm is that a saying?
Oh and another saying which our parents used to say: "Not everything that's good for you tastes good" --> That's why we love xtc and lsd! Tashhhtes shhhite *with a Liz Shhhmylie lisp* but fark it's great!!! ;-)
I can only imagine what sort of a time you had at Xsive (at the Cage, right?). I have a similar story but was not one of the ppl involved...I was merely the person who had them (stored away in my baggage, I was OS) and was NOT happy when I returned to find my beloved microdots gone! Gone I tells ya!!! But your mentioning of "nothing happened after 45 mins try the other half" sparked the memory....To be brief these first-timers (actually they'd only ever had hash..lucky sods ..about the hash anyway) went to a non-technoey club (they played commercial dance/top 40), the dress-code was Monsoons-ish (never been there, seen the crowd out front, know of ppl that go..), and thus their night ended with the bounces chasing them around the club, their shirts and tops off, fried outta their brains, and seeing trees turn into womanly shapes and jumping out in front of them driving home (luckily they were only the passengers in the car and notone of the drivers!)...
I laughed when they told me. I still laugh now. Not AT them tho'.
he he he..Damn foolish Sicilian youths is what they were! Not casting any dispersions (I'm italian) but the young boys thought they knew everything...Just not about lsd...he he

I have tried it again, a few times, and yeah I have had some good times, which is why I'm not saying acid is bad. I know it's good and can be heaps of fun. It's just that because my first time was so bad that every other time afterwards at some point turned nasty, and it's quite hard not to be completely freaked out by it.
Sorry about bringing the tone down, I just wanted to have my say. Anyway, with all the other great advice everyone else has given I'm sure my experience won't deter anyone, because I certainly don't want it to. Just don't take the acid for granted and it can be awesome!

Tars...No, no, I wasn't saying anything negative about what you said, the more info the better! Your experiences are important, positive or negative. Sorry if it sounded like I was putting what you said down. I don't mean this at all. What I meant was (and not knowing that you had done acid again cos maybe I read it wrong!) "The first time was a fizzer due to the reasons you outlined, try it again in a better environment and see how great they are!"
Peace. Enjoy.
I live downtown
I live up-up-town
I live...all arooooound
I'm the air you breathe
The food you eat
The friends you meet
In the sullen street..Aoooooo!!
Oops sorry had that Doors track in my head.

Nah it's cool, and I wasn't refering to your post, but rather to my own!
smile.gif
I know you weren't being negative, but I was, and I just wanted to explain why.
So it's alright...