Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Busted for what?

flip

Bluelighter
A question for all you legal type peeps out there
In the nightmare scenario of being busted for possesion of pills, what happens if those pills turn out to be: panadol,speed bombs; Ketamine; PMA or other nasties.
If they are speed bombs is the charge changed from possesion of MDMA to possesion of speed or if they are panadol/chalk are the charges dropoped?

despite studying law i will not claim to know the answer but i do remember reading somewhere that if u are supplying them as MDMA then they are considered MDMA. It sounds absurd but if say u were caught and a person testified that u sold him what you said was MDMA they consider u have supplied him with MDMA.
Possession of a say a pill which has the familiar mitsi logo sitting quietly in ur wallet which turns out to be totally bunk is another matter, which i cannot answer.

Don't quote me, but if I can remember a drug clouded conversation with a lawyer friend of mine, if you supply with intent then you're done for it, even if the pills you supplied are bunk.
As for simply having something on you that is bunk - if they test it and prove it's bunk and they can't prove you were trying to sell it, etc then you are alright.
But it is a grey area, because say you're in a club and get raided with 4 pills which in all shape and form represent MDMA/other banned substance, then even if they are bunk, you can still get busted (doesn't seem fair, 1st you get screwed with a shit pill and then you get done for it).
As I said, this is all based on a rather sketchy conversation a few years ago - please feel free to update.
But basically as I understand it, ignorance is no excuse, and therefore if they can prove you thought it was something you shouldn't have, then they can get you.

i think the best thing to do is always refer to them as pills, never as a specific substance. if pressed just stick that story. hopefully you have bunk pills and can not be charged with intent. this is just speculation, i'll have to check on this...

ok, here is how it goes: If you are busted with pills that you KNOW are caffiene for example, make sure you say that they are caffiene, because you can't get busted at all.
Now as for selling bunk pills, it doesnt matter what they have in them (ie: whether it is MDMA or cow shit) if the cops suspect it to be ecstasy or an ecstasy like substance, you are gone. (I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure thats right)
A friend from the UK was selling panadols at a club here. He did the fatal mistake of selling about 200 to an undercover. Although they were only painkillers, he was charged with intent to trafficking. Do you get the drift?? (if YOU believe you are holding/selling eckies, then you will be charged with possetion of eckies, regardless of the content)
It really depends how many you have on you. The laws are actually getting slacka and slacka every day so people are stressing a lot less as well.
This is all I know, but i'd love to hear more on the issue. It is important for us to know where we stand!! hope Ive helped a little
wink.gif
- (*hORSE)

Johnboy is 100% correct. If you get busted with pills never tell the cops what you think they are (ie- ecstasy)
Tell them that they are guarana pills, or better still tell them you don't know what they are.
A lot of the time if you only have one or two pills then it isn't worth the cops while to test the pills for content (no, they can't just use an EZ-Tester) and they'll let you go (after taking the pills of course)
Never give the cops anymore info than they need. Be polite but act dumb.

Does that mean if you are selling MDMA as caffeine pills, you cannot get busted for selling MDMA?