Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Can 5-htp affect speed use

XSI11V

Bluelighter
people have mentioned that speed (like most drugs)can amplify your emotions
eg. if you're in an agitated mood start with you're likely to feel even more so after
consuming...
Say you're having a mad night on speed, your positive emotions would be amplified and so would your brain would be releasing more serotonin as opposed to if you were straight? Or is serotonin just something released on e's (not just when you're happy in any state ).
If it's released whenever you're happy wouldn't 5htp be beneficial for preloading before a night on speed, or postloading for that matter.
This is of particular interest to me coz i just got hold of some 5htp... and I'm itching to try it, but speed pills are much easier for me to come by than MDMA : (
This may be somehow related - I know that when I watch a comedy or read a joke book.... towards the end, I'm no longer physically laughing or enjoying it as much - has my serotonin been depleted over the hour or two, or do i just have a short attention span - should i pre load before watching a comedy? (kidding)
[This message has been edited by XSI11V (edited 05 June 2000).]

Yes, but not releasing enough to make a significant difference (or at least, not like having the 'tap turned all the way on' when you take ecstasy)....
Speed increases your thought processes, confidence, rushes your metabolic rate...all these things have the potential to increase your 'happiness rate', but that by itself does not guarantee an internal release of serotonin in the quantities that X gives you..
My thoughts would be that 5-HTP would have a limited to NO effect on your brain and it's serotonin levels, post-speed.
candyflip
smile.gif

------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

its important to keep in mind that all this brain chemistry is very complicated and not even scientists can say for certain how it all works together.
MDMA effects mainly serotonin, but it also has an effect on dopamine, as well as a number of other neurotransmitters that seem to be closely intertwined in the action.
Methamhetamine, and other forms of "speed" effect mainly dopamine, but also effects the other neurotransmitters on different levels.
i guess most of us know what serotonin is (if not do a search or checkout the dancesafe slideshow here), but maybe less people know about dopamine.
if a genralisation about serotonin is that it is about feelings of well being and happiness, then it could be said that dopamine is about feelings on intensity and agression. this is a gross generalisation but it serves to get the point across.
now 5HTP helps in the production of all neurotransmitters, not just serotonin, so it will affect how your brain processes most psychoactive drugs.
i think what i've been trying to get across with all of this is that brain chemistry is so interlinked that we can't fall in to the trap of "this do this so it doesn't do this" thinking. is this making sense?
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

just thinking, might wanna try pre/postloading another vitamin before speed called L-tyrosine, which increases levels of dopamine production, like 5-htp is to seretonin. It won't help as much as 5-htp does because your dopamine is already a robust production system, it gets back up to near what it was within a couple of days anyway, much quicker than seretonin, which is why tolerance to speed is a more difficult thing to aquire than a tolerance to e, but you might wanna try it anyway
smile.gif

5-HTp could also be very benficial for post-speed depression (if u get any).
Another big plus could be if u get quite anxious, paranoid after speed, i think the more serotonin u have the lesser these effects will be.
A good indication as to the benfits of 5-HTP is to consider the people outside of drugs users who are also using it. People who are depressed, cannot sleep well and those who are stressed, uptight and anxious. Sounds a little similar to the after effects of speed to me.