Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is Speed that common and popular in Oz?

soulwatcher

Bluelighter
Just out of curiousity, is speed that popular and common in Australia? Here in Miami and generally in much of the US speed isnt that common at all. I mean you could find crystal if you really look, but speed of any kind is not popular? Everyone here does E, Weed, Coke, Various pills like Xanax, Rohypnol, etc for recreation purposes, or Cid, but I never hear anyone talk about doing speed. Maybe its a big city thing. Maybe its a cultural thing. I am curious as to your input as to why this is?
Also, when you refer to speed in Australia, are we taking normal amphetamines, or crystal, or what?
Thanks for the input...
smile.gif

------------------
Peace
Soulwatcher
"me Grimmlok think me want to drop E and listen to trance..."

well I'm not really an authority on the matter, but yes, speed is very popular in Melbourne (and sydney? prove me wrong)
Generally when we refer to speed, we refer to normal amphetimine, and meth/crystal as... you guessed it, methamphetimine.
Meth, in my circles anyway, is quite hard to come by, which is a shame cos I want to try it.
What I have noticed here, which generally doesnt happen anywhere else in the world, is the popularity of 'speed pills' Most of our pills contain speed or meth, and HEAPS od people prefer these over our beloved MDMA pills. Because amphetimine is a lot cheaper to put into pills here, they are quite dominant in the scene, which in my eyes is a shame. Most, if not all our speed pills are made here, and imports are generally MDMA or MDxx of some sort.
This is why we stress the use of E-Z testers because even tho speed pills will turn orange/brown, it is still pretty unclear what we are ingesting.
Anyway, hope ive helped a little bit. Now you can answer a question of mine: Are there many speed pills in the states??
wink.gif

------------------
"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."
- William James, American philosopher

While speed is certainly popular over here (its relatively cheap), given that coke is so much cheaper, and far better quality over in the US, you would naturally assume that coke would be far more popular than speed.
Lucky bastards!

Speed pills are very rare in my experience. Checking out the dancesafe results, I think once or twice out of 120 or so results there was speed or meth. For the most part you are getting a MDxx substance, DXM, or some caffeine, ephedrine mix, or something that is complete shit.
I got an EZ test when I first started taking E, so I have never got a bad pill. But in my circle no one has ever gotten a speed bomb.

speed is definitely common out here
speed and pot are the two drugs that in my experience are most universal. i can go to a backyard party in the western suburbs loui will be there, and she'll be there again in a city club.
and here she is with a hand on my shoulder as i crank out more assignments for my university slave masters

well when we finally get some proper lab testing going here i think the rest of the world will finally realise the shit we have to put up with down here. i'd say that it would be (optimistically) a 50/50 split between good pills (MDXX) and bad ("speed"), but those bad pills contain anything from amphetamine to DXM to PMA to god knows what.
remember we've been having PMA deaths for at least 7 years.
the popularity of amphetamine in australia comes from a few factors. being a fuck of a long way from south america is one of them.
there has always been coke in australia, squizzy taylor was dealing it in melbourne in the early twenties and there has been reports of its recreational use after WW1, but it has only ever been used in exclusive circles, and the quality has never been great.
even now with our media trying to whip up hysteria about a "flood of cocaine" its still hard to find and the quality is only improving marginally. it is by no means th populist drug that it became in the u.s. during the 80's.
this situation combined, with the string biker culture here, made amphetamines the snortable drug of choice.
australia's biker culture goes way back, but has been dominated by the american form since the 60's. we had one of the first overseas chapters of the hells angels, and one the very first things they got taught was that the road to easy money ran via the backyard production of amphetamines.
the flood of cheap speed quickly filled the void that a lack of cocaine left in the australian market, and has now become the drug preffered by many over the more expnsive and elusive coke.
recently there has been a swing over to methamphetamine production. apparently the precursors are easier to source, and the end product more profitable. it seems that you can get very little actual "speed" (amphetamine), what you get these days is most likely just heavily stepped on meth.
this relates to ecstacy in an unfortunate way. back in the early nineties when "XTC" was just getting popular, dealers were faced with a problem; lack of supply. everyone wanted this new fantastic drug, but it was hard to source real MDMA pills, let alone synth it yourself.
so this problem became an opportunity for less than ethical dealers. they saw this market for pills, and flooded it with amphetamine pills. none of the kids they were selling to even knew how "XTC" was supposed to feel.
and its been that way ever since. there are still good pills out there but they are mainly imports. some local pills these days are made from MDMA, but usually it seems they are weak pills, made from poor quality local MDMA or made from crushed, and diluted, import pills.
this situation is improving as more and more people are getting the taste for the real stuff, but as we all know here in oz bluelight, there are still plenty of users who have only had speedy pills, and the one day they get a real pill they whinge that they were "all smacked out" and "couldnt dance"
ignorance...
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

Hi all!
Just a short one, i've always found speed to be as easy to get as weed, and generally the quality of the stuff is very pure.
Rhumba.
------------------
yeah i heard ya man, out tha corner of ma eye!

Word out on the street is that Coke is making a huge return in high society here in Sydney especially in the Music and television Industires ...
As for speed it is poor mans Coke and straight out of a Bikies Bathtub ..... The one cut with sugar is usually better quality also sugar allows you to cook it up better for injecting ..... If your skin feels oily the day after using speed relax it's just the kerosene they use in the manufacture of the drug ....
Terrible dirty drug speed but a necessary evil ( who the fuck can afford Coke)
Chill

Ok, perth scene, speed is quite common, as common as pills, generally good quality, locally produced. Coke is very difficult to get, but not impossible, generally runs in the more "upmarket crowd". For some reason, Perth (only major city on the west coast of Oz) has also started getting quite a bit of meth, but only in select circles, seems to be 1 or 2 main importers/producers and there is a select band of users. It's weird though that it hasn't spread to the rest of the country. Meth is very expensive though, usually twice as expensive as speed for very pure gear (but you prolly don't need as much of it).

Big call, but I would say Perth is the speed capital of Australia. I reckon 7/10 pills sold are speed based over here as well! Meth and speed is easier to get than pills and better quality. So maybe that means we are all out here in WA planning our lives and cleaning our houses at 6am on a Sunday morning *grin*!
Later

Speed is definately an easily accessible drug in sydney. In my experience the range in quality is dramatic. i've had speed that made me hallucinate and almost black out, (mind u i did have about 2 grams in one night). i've also gotten bad rashes from large amounts of speed but in most cases my goey has been buzzy and effective without side effects, it's just a matter of finding a trustworthy dealer. i remember going to a rave once almost falling asleep after a full weight that did absolutely nothing.

Good call JohnBoy!
When I finally got a good pill and had MDMA effects only it was really different than what I had experienced in the past, not dancy... only lasted about 3 hours came up and down smooth and was just...well... googie
smile.gif

Ignorance yes, but there are lots of reasons for that and I think that we can all make a difference to help fix that.

What this all means of course is that a little Australian girl who loves her speed is slowly suffering from the fact that she can't get any plain old amphetamines over in the good ol' US of A. It would certainly help me out if I could just have a little line or two when I'm trying to stay awake till 2am to talk to my friends back home at a reasonable hour
smile.gif

miss apple

um maybe hang out with some truckers?? i'm sure they'll have some...

hit the coke, enjoy it while it's cheap and great quality!
At least I know I would!

yeah, well what can you do
in SF, california, speed is hard to come by. out of everybody i know well enough to know what they take, i know nobody who takes regular amphetamines.
meth is much more popular than amphetamine
most people here do not know the difference between the following terms: meth, speed, crank, crystal, amphetamines
coke is so much more popular among the rich, hip, dancey crowd
'speedy' pills passing as MDMA are hard to find, i've only actually had only one before, a white euro around July '99
speed still carries a very negative stigma, for heaven's sake, Michael J. Fox was addicted to it on an episode of 'family ties' an American situational comedy during the '80's, as well as being demonized on an episode of 90210
you may do speed and be able to pull it off without letting people know, but offer it to people, and you'll get weird looks in response. offer a line of coke though, and it's a different story.
smile.gif

you can go eastbound out of the Bay over to Sacramento in the Central Valley, where the amphetamine/biker/trucker culture are much more widespread.
maybe i'll send apples on a little sortie to our more 'hick' regions. she tells me you have hicks in Oz.
smile.gif

speaking of MDMA and Speed Pills
I am sick of cats who come to me in real life and in this message board who say they had a fucked "smack" pill on the weekend. Do they know that this is the shit that i am always looking for?? Then that particular pill will get negative press from all my buddies who think its a shitty pill... little do they know...

ummm...'family ties'?? what's that? gee whillaker...we've *never* heard of that show before. :p
you know everyone....liquid asked me the other day if we have Gatorade in Australia!!! And if I had ever heard of Gilligan's island.
Duh...we're not that....duh...backward here

I think speed is very popular with Sydney-siders! It is just as easy for us to get as pills.
My friends and I always buy imports, and never buy locally made shit. I dont think I have ever had a 'speedbomb'. The only times I get really dancey is when I am pilling and on speed at the same time.
Long live speed!!!!