• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Glad that alcohol is so _safe_!!!

Russians call Monday "the tough day". Coming after weekends of oblivion, Mondays are the peak day for alcohol-related deaths. Saturdays are the worst for alcohol-related murders.
and we thought tuesdays were bad!
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

A couple of years ago I saw a documentary on the Russian alcoholic situation. At one point they showed a "rehab" centre. Basically in the centre there was a big long line of basins, with a tap going into them. Behind the basin was a tall stool. Patients were given a glass and they went and sat on the stool, and out of this tap came come nasty cheap-ass vodka. The basin was for them to vomit in. Apparently the thinking behind it was that the gentlemen would soon see the pain that drinking caused them, and would stop... Quite a Russian approach to the problem I think.
[This message has been edited by Elliven (edited 31 May 2000).]

ha! so that's where my mommy dearest learnt her tactic...when i was 13 and busted for drinking and smoking her way of dealing with it (in a totally rational way!) was to sit me down with a bottle of whiskey and a CARTON of cigarettes and hysterically scream at me to keep smoking and drinking....
fuck. no wonder i turned to drugs at such a young age!