Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Hypnosis induced peak!

sleeper

Bluelighter
Johnboy, i read sometime ago at MAPS, but can't remember the actual exact link, that people who had taken MDMA dosages at some point in their life could have that experience revisited under hypnosis.
How true is this? And how genuine is the 'state' of the person?
Better still could you post the article please?!?!
Imagine that, "yes i want to be peaking like i was on new years three years ago, and make it snappy!"
Plus u wouldn't have to pay for any pills...
....can only wish....

For some people, all it takes to get a little psychosomatically induced 'flashback' is the right song, or sensation to have the memories and feelings come flooding back like a tidal wave. To this day, every time turn up my stereo real loud and play 1998, Madagascar, Universal Nation or even harder songs like Step to Enchantment or the Love Story, I get skin rushes and a huge grin spreads across my face. It's like having a little peak rush through your body and being back there all over again. These sensations are controllable and avoidable if you aren't concentrating on them, but I think each time it happens I love it so much, that I've positively reinforced their occurrence
smile.gif
I hear the starting strains of Binary Finary and think to myself 'Oh yeah, here it comes!'
smile.gif

Probably lots of other people experience this too, just depends on their trigger sensations... maybe it's the smell of vicks (won't you have fun when you have a cold) or having someone rub your temples when you pull a cone (mmmmm) or whatever, just a stimulus might be all that's needed to convince your brain to give up to those endorphins. Hypnosis might just be a way of bringing back that experience in a more 'real' way because your brain opens up to suggestion more easily that way.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

I'm not sure whether you would call this a flashback or not, but yesterday I was making some lunch at work (cheese jaffle) when the smell of it cooking slammed into my nostrils.
"where's he going with this I hear you ask"
well, instantly I was transported back to Psycorroboree Gaian Thump 2 in the Otway Ranges mid March, where on the third night 1/2 hour after dropping my last of the Apricot Rollex's, I realised I hadn't eaten for the day. I wandered down to the Market area, and purchased my weight in cheese jaffles and licorice tea.
My Rollex kicked in shortly just as I was devouring my first segment of piping hot gooey cheese jaffle!
What an experience. I sat there for the next hour savouring small bites and tiny sips to maximise this enjoyable journey.
The smell yesterday tore through my body, hoseing me down from the inside with warm bubbly foam.
Guess what I'm having for lunch today!

this is actually one of my favourite topics so i'll chase up some goodies on it, but about the smell/memory point it is very true. it comes from the basic layout of the brain, the regions that control smel are some of the oldest parts of our brain and the wiring is all mixed up with the parts that form memories...
and the flashback is also some cool science... i'll dig it up and post it soon

JB that smell/memory thing is very right.
I smell some things and i get incredible feelings of nostalgia.
I smelt a teacher in year nine and got this big nostalgia buzz because he smelt like my grandad from new zealand...very odd but interesting.
it's an amazing thing

was it this paper?
http://www.maps.org/research/abrahart.html#chp3
or was it in a MAPS journal?
thats a pretty amazing research paper on flashbacks anyway, if you have time give it a read. basically flashbacks are a brain response to intense inout and they dont have to be the result of drug use, it can be from any intense experience, especially one that makes you thik in a radically new way...
here's a link on smell and memory, but its impossible to read... who the hell formates a page with yellow writing on a white background??!>
http://www.macalester.edu/~psych/whathap/UBNRP/Smell/memory.html

Thanks Johnboy and all for your responses to this.
Johnboy: no they are not the articles, but if i remember anything (how appropriate!) it was in relation to how a person was put under hypnosis and an MDMA experience was revisited. Pupils were up and person was peaking as he was at 'that time'. Sounded quite interesting, so decided to post.
Plus i already know about flashbacks with LSD and MDMA. Although MDMA flashbacks were only shortlived for me,i found that the post period of starting to take XTC was when i experinced these, which was sometime ago now. Now noticeable flashbacks of late, if any are few and far between and not noticeable at all, although i wouldn't mind one every now and then!
I remember having one at a shopping centre for no apparent reason while walking down the isle. It is quite amazing and enjoyable.
Songs and smells do bring back some 'memorable' peaking experinces, but are not that intense. I have experienced these many times. But the first 'original' pill flashbacks at the times when you started out are the coolest. These are closest to the real thing. Too short lasting though.
I've had the ones from certain songs also, plus one from chewing on a piece of chewy!
Anyway, hope this will give u some idea on what i'm leading to johnboy.ie.not LSD which i thought u were talking about.
later.....
Many blissful
Days are spent
Munching on kick-
Ass pills

If you want to read the Olfactory Memory link page, press Ctrl+A when the page has loaded, or highlight what you want to read with your mouse... the dark background with light text is much easier to read.
BigTrancer
smile.gif