Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ten Key Points? - your thoughts...

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
phenix made a suggestion in the "everyone read" FAQ that maybe it was too wordy and a list of tem key points would be better.
initially i was against this, opposed as i am to sound bite culture, but i'm starting to feel that such a list would have a place in addition to the whole FAQ...
what are peoples thoughts on this? and more specifically what should those points be?
just to start it off here's a few of my ideas:
1. What is "Ecstacy?"
2. What is MDMA?
3. What is 5HTP?
4. What is EZ-Test?
etc
dont feel limited by ten, altho the idea is to have a short list, that would then be link ed to more in depth points...
oh and if you get excited you might think about what the short snappy answers would be, and maybe where to link to as well...
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

**What is shafting? (plugging whatever) should explain what it's supposed to do blah di blah.
**Diff's between MD**'s
**Water Intoxication info (what it is blah di blah how you can avoid it)
**MAOI and SSRI info (reactions with pills, which should lead to a def of seratonin Syndrome)
**DXM info (reactions with ecstasy, which should lead to a def of seratonin syndrome)
That's all for now.
I'm sure I'll come up with more.
PS. You could format the article so that the headings have a brief outline of what the FAQ is about, then you can just link them to another part in the document, saves people from having to scroll down.
[This message has been edited by mona (edited 14 May 2000).]

Are you trying to introduce a bluelighter jeopardy hosted by Johnboy instead of Trudeax?
my 2-c: the more rules, regulations, guides, policies, etc... you have the more it takes away from what this actually is, a "forum". I say, let the drugs run free and moderate at your leisure..
JB: thanks for the work prompt
smile.gif
i'm learning!
------------------
Beat it like it owes you money.....
[This message has been edited by Wookie (edited 14 May 2000).]

Sorry Wookie, but I gotta step in here.
These aren't rules and regulations, these are FAQ'S to HELP people in general. You know, some people might come to this board and not really want to get involved with the forum. With an FAQ that is easy accessed and easy to read and navigate through, they won't come in and clog our board with question's about shafting and 5htp that you've heard a billion times before. When you've been here for a while, you'll know. It sux.
*phew*
Anyway, the FAQ's aren't rules, they're there to help.
I also think maybe a little section on GHB? But I could be biased
wink.gif

Cheers,
mona.

How about:
What are some of the all time classic D&B tracks??
What should I do when coming down if I don't manage to think of just doing what I feel like?
Who should have access to my IP address?
Why doesn't mummy love me when I come home at 11am after taking heaps of acid??
Fuck. nah, I'm just doing this on purpose now.... but the first two are serious

I think this is a great idea, fully support it.
Mona's list seems right, so going along those lines is the key.
Must mention that there should be a good listing of chemicals found in pills these days, even if they don't appear too often, ie. PMA, DXM ,strychine(i think!) etc, which are not what people want but should know about.
What about adding something to this list about how to go about taking MDMA *propely*. With this i mean with friends, right health regime, all that stuff to make sure 1st timers are not forgotten here. It should be mainly intended for those with not much knowledge on "how to roll properly and safely" i think.
You know my name.......i'll sleep on it...
------------------
My life is simply
Defined by every
Magnificent experience
Acquired by E.

1. Why does my pussy tingle the morning after a big night rolling?
2. Why do i like it so much?
.......I'm serious..... don't laugh.... and Dave if you read this.. it is not an invitation for you to "service my needs".
Thankyou

With all respect Moderatii (is that the plural of Moderator?), if you create a list of FAQs for people to read, which will be extremely comprehensive no matter how brief you try to make it, what will we discuss in this forum?
Will there have to be a change in the forum name to "advanced drug discussion" because all postees will have the assumed general knowledge of the FAQs?
Herein lies my concern - and as you know, not many freshies read all the guidelines and comprehends (or adheres) to them
wink.gif

------------------

FAQs are never be all and end alls, information is always changing, new drugs are turning up every day, there will always be heaps of new stuff...
just look at the PMA thread, we know bugger all...
wookie it really comes down to this: this site has been up since october last year... do you know how many times i have answered the same "what is an ez-tester?" question in that time? literally dozens...
(this is a question, mind you, that if a person clicked on the "buy an ez-tester" link could work for themselves...)
no one is ever going to be a hundred percent happy with this forum, phenix is saying its too wordy, you seem worried that.. well im not really sure what you are worried by
smile.gif

there is no expectation of knowledge here, and i dont think you have to be worried that this will become "advanced drug discussion" its more that it would be nice if people looked in one place for some, and i stress some, of the simpler questions, and having that place somewhere nice and obvious.
many people are worried that with BL's growing popularity the increase in traffic will make it an unreadable mess. just imagine if everyone who found the board in the next two months posted those same ten questions... what is MDMA? what is an ez test? where do i get one? soon you wont be able to see anything but these posts...
is this making sense?
i'll be drafting something up this week for everyone to look at, but please keep the suggestions coming in.
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

*enters stage left*
*shrugs*
Don't look at me
*exits stage right*

*slaps mona* Get back in there!! You're talents are needed!! :)
Did I forget to mention I slapped her with a feather? ;-)
A short list would be great! Enough to pigue one's curiosity and thirst for knowledge and enough 'links' for more info.

....plus me must make absolute clear to people on this page about "smacky and cokey" which pisses me off.
No pills have heroin or coke. If you find one that does and your 100% certain correct me.
Otherwise this is a major part of the 'lingo' when it comes to pills these days that must be corrected i think.
My word is final.
------------------
My life is simply
Defined by every
Magnificent experience
Acquired by E.

ok here's a list i've thrown together:
What is "Ecstacy?"
mention how it used to be just MDMA but now covers a wide variety of chemicals sold in pill form
Is there heroin or cocaine in "Ecstacy"?
give the usual sensible reasons why this is horseshit
How do i Know what's in my pill?
in short, you dont. but point out how you can work it out with the help of pillreports.com, dancesafe, and ez-test
What is an EZ Test?
short description
Where can I get one in Oz/Asia?
point out the BL linnk and the reason to but from there, also maybe a list of suppliers in oz... candyflip?
What is MDMA?
very brief description of the chemical and its history
What are some of the side effects?
both good and bad, oh and the good
smile.gif
also talk about the day(s) after...
Is there anything I can do to lessen these side effects?
talk about nutrition and serotonin and the like, mention 5htp and the importance of vitamins and antioxidents
What is 5HTP?
brief description
Where can i get it in Oz/Asia?
describe the wierd legal situation and the need to import, links to iherb etc
What should i not mix with MDMA?
mention DXM, PMA. MAOIs SSRIs and others...
What makes xlr8's pussy tingle?
i couldnt resist
smile.gif

anyone feel like giving one a go? should probably be less than 100 words + links
bags the last one...
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 15 May 2000).]

Its a great Idea to have it in the format suggested above. I agree with Tiggerchic, it defiently would of been handy when I first joined BL, rather than search and search and search. Having it in all the one place I am all for!
smile.gif

------------------
Do U Deserve!

respectfully *scampers* to the rock from where i came...
------------------

What about
What's the difference between MDMA, MDA and MDE? or not really necessary?
------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

i was thinking the MDMA/EA/A thing would go under "What is ecstacy?" with links of to various decsriptions of each...

Answer to "What is MDMA?"
3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methamphetimine or MDMA as it is commonly known is a synthetic chemical. It was first developed in the early 1900's, but it wasn't until much later, around the late 70's that it was first used, initially as a psychotherapeutic drug. MDMA soon became increasingly popular, and was made illegal. By the mid-80's it had made it's way into the developing underground rave scene, and has been a part of this community ever since.
This is just the way I'd answer it to a friend who asked me, maybe not with the chemical make-up of it, but along those lines, if they wanted to know the history, anyone got a better suggestion, or know if any of this is wrong.
------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice
[This message has been edited by Magoo (edited 21 May 2000).]

IMHO, a FAQ for this particular forum should be oriented as such. Perhaps the lingo in this part of the world, what are taboo topics, and where to find their answers.If someone wants to know why XLR8's pussy tingles, it's only courteous that she ( or more likely, he) is answered by raverDoc or Phreex.
We don't exactly want to start an uprising and be a rebel forum. Or do we?
wink.gif

yup, it should definitly be more about local answers, hence the questions about ex-test and 5htp which are the most common local questions, and the terminology will definitly lend itself to our local colloquialisms...
rebel forum? um..... nah
wink.gif
(oh and she's a grrl... i think