• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Milk Thistle as a Liver Cleansing Vitamin Supplement.

mona

Bluelight Crew
I've been reading up on my vitamins supplements lately (i just scored a whole heap of really good vitamin propaganda pamphlets from the chemist when I was purchasing my measuring device for da G
wink.gif
)
Anyway, I found out that a vitamin called Milk Thilk thistle is like named "The Liver Herb"
These are the properties it is claimed to have;
[*]Protects Liver from damage due to alcholo and CHEMICALS
[*]Assists regeneration of liver tissue
[*]Detoxifies blood
[*]Useful in the treatment of cirrohsis, hepatitis and fatty liver
[/list]
"milk thistle is at least ten times more potent as an antioxidant than Vitamin E"
I figure that out livers are getting trashed (especially those of you on roacctutane), and we should be doing everything we can to stop it. This is why alcoholics have so many problems with their bodies, and we all say how bad alcohol is...
So anyway (scuse the rambling), I'm going to hunt some down and give it a shot. I remember when my mum started taking antioxidants (she smokes and drinks heaps of coffee) she turned into such a nice person.. her skin looked healthier and she was generally in a good mood
smile.gif
So yeah, I'm gonna give this a shot. If anyone has tried Milk Thistle, reply here and tell me if it lives up to the Hype (propaganda)
wink.gif
Cheers,
mona.
PS. This is already posted in the Medical Q&A forum. I just wanted to make sure the Aussies got it too.
------------------
"If music be the food of love, play on" W. Shakespeare

Ive been taking Liver Tonic (Herbs of Gold brand) tablets for about 9 months now. My natropath recommended it after I told him I was on E. Helps flush out the system, and stops lower back aching as much. Available at all good health and Vitamins stores.
Other daily goodies include Multi-vitamins, Vitamin C (6 per day) and Echinacea, along with double bannana smoothies with raw eggs in them. Yummy !!!

Yeah, in my last Drinking Phase (2-3 years ago), i used it a lot to cut down my buzz when i was spinning, and used it to recover from a hard night. Good shit, helps your liver detoxify the body.
Take it now as part of a post-load, helps deal with the heavy-duty smoking i do on weekends. Highly recommended.

Available here in perth ?
At your local drug outlet ?
Any other names it may be called ?
:]
tar

yeah..you can get it from any chemist with a good vitamin range...
it's most commonly known as Milk Thistle BUT when I get home, I'll have a look at the little pamphlet again
smile.gif