• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Chopping, Coughing, then... boffing.

Deformed_Neuron

Ex-Bluelighter
Good morning/afternoon/evening all,
I suffer from pretty bad G.E.R.D., known to some as a "Hiatus Hernia", or simply just really frigging bad indigestion.
It gets especially painful and unbearable when I have been drinking spirits, especially scotch and bourbon. So, I have cut-down on that to help cope with the uneasiness.

I have also, as of late... been hitting the pipe up pretty damn hard and fast and have noticed that obviously, that harsh bong smoke doesn't help at all.
After "churning" down a cone of nice bud (about 70% bud, the remainder... being tobacco that I add to the mix, just to help it burn easier and also to give off that Nicotine rush [my beliefs are that tobacco actually potentiates the "head-rush" experienced after smoking weed]).

Now, lately I have noticed that after inhaling a considerable amount of smoke from the bong, I uncontrollably just... go into this horrible, not to mention irritable coughing fit, in which after I will just throw up a shitload of saliva mixed with what I have been drinking (from alcohol-to-water) and eating the previous day or so.

Ok, now you're probably thinking, "Uhmmm... mate, just don't smoke the shit when you're in this state". But, I am afraid it's not that simple for me. As of late, smoking pot has been my weakness. I have never experienced any psychologically addictive effects (for me anyways) as strong as what I do with Marijuana. I guess, maybe because when I was younger I abused the fuck out of it, due to the fact I was under the impression that pot is harmless compared to alot of other recreational drugs (I still debatably think this to this very day, although I do sometimes have my doubts...)

Righteo then... now after all that explained, my question to you is THIS:- Are there any good (maybe Pseudoephedrine-based medications) products available, preferably, over the counter? I mean... I do notice that when I smoke weed after using Meth or even relatively low-grade "louie", that my nasal and throat passages expand and open up significantly to the point of feeling like I have "lungs of steel". I know that this would be due to the strong decongestive effects these particular stimulants (Amphetamines) have on the body.

But, I was wondering if maybe there was some new sorta "Super-Dooper Pseudoephedrine" tablets that will help my situation out? Or... will Sudafed maybe reduce this problem?

Now, please don't post obvious shit like, "Dude, just stop smoking bongs until you get better." Because, this will just get me angry and frustrated, and I will most-likely just run downstairs and have another cone just in spite. The end result won't be pretty.

Also, I would appreciate it if you were not to reply with what I consider to be silly shit like, "Hey, heres an idea man:- Why don't you just buy a shitload of speed, or Meth to help your problem".

Ok, thanks in advance... and sorry for the boring thread. :p

sorry is this G.E.R.D thing a gastro reflux prob?

or am i just completely stupidly unaware of this G.E.R.D thing?

Yes, yes. G.E.R.D. stands for:- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.

Gastroesophageal reflux describes a backflow of acid from the stomach into the swallowing tube or esophagus. This acid can irritate and sometimes damage the delicate lining on the inside of the esophagus. Almost everyone experiences gastroesophageal reflux at some time. The usual symptom is heartburn, an uncomfortable burning sensation behind the breastbone, most commonly occurring after a meal. In some individuals this reflux is frequent or severe enough to cause more significant problems, that is a disease. Thus, gastroesophageal reflux disease is a clinical condition that occurs when reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus is severe enough to impact the patient’s life and/or damage the esophagus.

Ouch! Acid reflux sucks more hot cawk than chicks from www.ideepthroat.com. I know I only get it occasionally, but when I do it's very painful. Not really sure what your problem is though, are you having trouble with the g.e.r.d, or throwing up after smoking a bong? if so, wouldn't anti-nausia help more than psudeoephedrene?

If you just want to take psudeo just for giving yourself lungs of steel, perhaps other stimulants like a cup of coffee with your next chopped bowl would help?

gl with your problem... :)

if your gonna try a cup of coffee for the stimulant effefcts, just try taking a No-Doze Awakener instead (100mg caffeine per tab). gotta be less harsh on the tummy then a cup of coffee.

Ahhh an acid reflux issue. There is nothing more i hate then acid reflux. I find taking 300mg of Ranitidine (hcl) will supress all my Stomach reflux symptoms over a 30 minute period before or after a session. For some reason i wouldn't be turning to ephidrine to fix this matter. Using any sort of Amphetamine or Extract usually is the culprit of Stomach Acid Reflux, well that seems to be the case with my stomach especially when i have not eaten before i use Amphetamines. Anyone else get reflux from Amphetamine use? You might also like to try Aciphex (rabeprazole sodium) for a bit more of an effective solution.

Go to your doctor man and get a prescription for losec or nexium. you need to stop the acid production in your stomach so you dont get reflux. I used to get it real bad but now its totally under control with the medication. And yup, any type of smoke totally aggravates the problem - as does spicey food, alcohol, chocolate, tomtoes, coffee.
I swear by mylanta myself.

I've got 3 degree G.E.R.D - I feel your pain mate. It's never worse after bongs though, weird! Pills thats another story - Spew as soon as I come up, spew before I sleep and spew in the morning when I get up :( Thats probably the main reason I stopped taking them to.

Help?!

Yeah, stoked for the replies guys, thanks a heap. I have tried Losec, Acimax, Gavascon... and Nexium. And, while they don't completely rid this problem for me, they do reduce the uneasiess a bit, even if the effects are rather minimal.

I have tried speaking to my doctor and he keeps just loading me up with more Meds... in which I don't mind taking a med or two to subside the pain, but they don't seem at all very effective... plus I don't like the fact that my doctor seems rather enthusiastic to turn me into a walking chemist. I don't want this, especially for the fact that these drugs have absolutely no recreational value whatsoever.

The current GP I am seeing seems to be rather incompotent, to say the least. He's a rather old guy... and I totally respect that, but I think his age is getting in the way of his profession. I mean... how many doctors do you know that would prescribe anti-depressants (SSRI's), because they feel it will cure my lower-back pain.

I had never heard of such medications as being an aid in subsiding pain, more-so just trying to "balance" the serotonin levels in the brain.

I think it's time to find another doctor. Ohhh, and now when I see this doctor, he is teling me that it would be the anti-depressants inducing the immense indigestive pains.

how many doctors do you know that would prescribe anti-depressants (SSRI's), because they feel it will cure my lower-back pain.

It seems a common occurance for doctors to do that these days, especially with anti depressant medication. My guess is there getting a fuckload of incentives from the pharmacutical companys who make the medication.

Deformed_Neuron said:
Yeah, stoked for the replies guys, thanks a heap. I have tried Losec, Acimax, Gavascon... and Nexium. And, while they don't completely rid this problem for me, they do reduce the uneasiess a bit, even if the effects are rather minimal.

You sound exactly like me! I'm only on Nexium at the moment and Colofac for something else but I realised the more I take, even though it's supposed to treat the reflux it just makes it worse :( Sooo sick of it even though I have learnt to put up with it it's still so uncomfortable :(

Do you vomit alot when you're on pills? Especially the day after? *gets out the maxalon*

Pills like MDMA don't realy increase the uneasiness noticably, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were the binders and fillers and shit that are known to be found in ALL pills (Pharmaceutical and/or "Black-Grade") that are possibly weakening the insides of your Gastroesoephegus Tract... not to mention break-down and scarring of muscle and tissue in the throat-to-stomach.

My doctor, after prescribing me anti-depressants for lower back-pain (don't ask, I'm dumbfounded too), tells me that it quiete possibly is the Aropax (Paroxetine 20mgs) that is causing this.

...I personaly think it's time for somoene to retire.

sorry for bringing a thread back from the stone age, but recent studies have noted that certain tricyclic antidepressants at extremely low dosages (1/3 the normal geriatric dose) when taken before going to sleep can eliminate nocturnal bruxxism/clenching in a very high percentage of cases. the drug of choise is called triazolam and i've had some very successful results with it in patients that haven't responded to typical modalities, but unfortunately it's still a little early for the dental community to begin to embrace this; change doesn't come easy to stodgy old men that are set in their ways so i am rather hesitant to put my license on the line.