PDA

View Full Version : Bruising - How to make them disappear quicker?

shal
27-09-2004, 04:55
Hi,

What can I do to make bruising disappear quicker?

Any advice welcome..

shals :)

**busted**
27-09-2004, 06:21
Vitamin K enriched cream makes that claim but it did not work for me. I applied it twice a day to the affected area and did not see a difference in speed of healing. It may still be worth a shot for you.

wazza
27-09-2004, 06:26
great thread from bondage.com to help with this (http://bondage.com/topic_id/107992/forums/topic.html)

Yakuza
27-09-2004, 13:04
i may be mistaken but i think that rubbing the bruise out is supposed to help. a bruise is essentially broken blood vessels under the skin, or clotted blood. if you rub it out it will break it up and disperse into your body. someone correct me if im wrong

shal
27-09-2004, 13:31
Thanks for the advice.

I was seeing the doctor today and asked the same question to him.

He recommend "Hirudoid Cream" which I bought for about $13AU and apply twice a day. It helps bruises to unclott/clear up.

I hope it works by Friday!

shals :)

Alice_In_Chains
27-09-2004, 16:37
This is from a website about home remedies those/this website(s) are/is pretty helpful/interesting.

"Bruises: Of course you will never be bruise proof, but you can lessen the chance of large bruises and shrink and heal the bruises you occasionally get. Here are a few ways to do so: You can apply an ice pack immediately to an injury that might lead to a bruise. Apply the ice pack at 15-minute intervals, but don't apply heat between ice packs. Make sure you don't put ice directly on the skin, because you can get frost bite. You can, however, put the ice in a wet cloth, or a plastic bag. Allow your skin to warm naturally. By cooling, it constricts the blood vessels,_ minimizes swelling, and numbs the area, so it wont hurt so much as a bruise left unchilled. After 24 hours, however, use heat to dilate the blood vessels and improve circulation in the area.
Studies show that people who lack vitamin C in their diets tend to bruise more easily, and their wounds heal more slowly. Vitamin C helps build protective collagen around blood vessels in the skin. If you bruise easily, you may want to take 500 milligrams of vitamin C three times a day to help build your collagen. (Vitamin C is not considered toxic, you should always ask your doctor first, about taking high doses"

killarava2day
28-09-2004, 04:25
Comfrey cream is good, though was banned in Victoria but I'm sure its availablein NSW

Mariposa
28-09-2004, 05:46
Arnica gel is my best friend! (I'm a light skinned blonde who bruises *very* easily)

www.boiron.com- apply to clean skin several times a day and watch the bruise disappear in half the time. The homeopathic remedy Arnica Montana taken internally (sublingually) is touted by my best friend to work quite well too.

The sooner after the injury/fun time ;) you apply the gel, the better.

randycaver
28-09-2004, 05:51
oh something actually works?

i never knew nor thought to even investigate it. I bruise like it's my job, fo REAL

shal
28-09-2004, 06:58
^^^ - If you bruised me RC I'd want to keep it! :)

A token of your touch on my blanch skin

*laughs*

shals!

Dr. McBudstoke
28-09-2004, 07:17
Ice it for 20 mins/ 3-4 times a day. (cold whirlpools are good too).

Also a 3% retin cream does wonders for ANY kind of skin or bruise problems. You'll need a prescription tho(well in the US, I don't know about aus)

animal_cookie
28-09-2004, 08:20
awesome tips!

any ideas on how to prevent bruises from the start tho?

Yakuza
28-09-2004, 10:02
^^

Originally posted by Alice_In_Chains
Studies show that people who lack vitamin C in their diets tend to bruise more easily, and their wounds heal more slowly. Vitamin C helps build protective collagen around blood vessels in the skin. If you bruise easily, you may want to take 500 milligrams of vitamin C three times a day to help build your collagen. (Vitamin C is not considered toxic, you should always ask your doctor first, about taking high doses"