Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

pinger goes to Melbourne- volunteer chauffeurs/tourguides/massuesses required

pinger

Bluelighter
well, well well melbourne, time to put your money where your mouth is (in respect of the sydney v's melbourne debate) and show this sydney lad what it's all about....
I have a bundle of frequent flyers which i really should try to use before they expire. so i thought a free nice trip to Melbourne might be in order. I will be coming down with friends, and i have accomodation/ transport etc all sorted out. But i plan to ditch my friends for one night if I can, and arrange to go to a club/party, hopefully with some of my melbourne bluelight brothers and sisters.
So what i'm looking for is any suggestions (in respect of clubs/nights/parties that may be coming up in the nearish future (next couple months)) and I'll see if I can sway the Holiday Logistics and Intinerary Scheduling Committee (TM) towards any clearly unmissable dates on the melbourne party calendar. FYI, I have a pretty broad musical taste, as long as it's intelligent, challenging, and rocks the house i'll be up for it. Minimal techno (Mills, Pooley), deep progressive house , or very clever trance(ie NOT cheesy, predictable buildup type trance), and funky ass shakin' house are current faves.
And maybe a show of hands in respect of bluelighters who might like to meet up.....
i fully expect, nay, DEMAND to be blown away by melbourne, so get to it you lazy swine
cheers
pinger
[This message has been edited by pinger (edited 08 May 2000).]

Pinger, although I live in Bris. I’m going to Melb in the Inter-semester brake and I’ve already arranged for a rolling tour guide for my stay. So E-mail me or post here, with details and shit, if your keen.
------------------
Thanks really!
[This message has been edited by greenmitsa (edited 08 May 2000).]

greenmitsa
the more the merrier! however, i have absolutely no idea of when that uni break is (ie i don't go to uni anymore), or what parties are on in melb around that time.
need some melbourne feedback peoples...
pinger

hey, im not much help coz i dont go out much but if there's anything else you need
wink.gif
just ask...
i reckon mr candyflip would be a great person to help you out with club/event goss...

Hey Pinger I know a place In Melbourne that sells the best Kebabs and with your Persian background you would absolutely adore going there for a feed !!!!
I will email you the addy
Chill

is that some sorta code? if not i'd love to know as well... i love a good kebab
smile.gif

Us melbourne peeps are always down for a showing off of what we have to offer. I recommend Sunny Side Up (every 3 weeks), or a big rave, if there is one on. Bass Station and Hard Kandy are good as well (Weekly) but probably not much different from events in Sydney.
Give us a date, and keep www.raves.com.au and www.rave.net.au in mind.

Pinger, I’ll from Melb but live in Bris. So finding what parties are on will be easy. The Uni. brake is officially from the 25/6/00 to 10/7/00. But I plan to be there from the 19/6/00 to 17/7/00. Chill its not funny kebabs at the ultra tune near festival hall?
------------------
Thanks really!

pinger!!! finally we get to c the face behind the name...of a genius...hmmm...yes...
my suggestion is: come down for Queen's Birthday weekend. There is a MUD event called Pleazure which should be awsome. Or if you want to hear some cheazzzzzz you can go to Paul van Dyke on at the docks that same weekend...personally I'll be at Pleazure
smile.gif

hope I helped
smile.gif
p.h.
smile.gif

Any suggestions from me would be best left to my site: I try and cover a broad cross-section of raves, club events and the plain commercial (Trade, Two Tribes et. al.)....so check out www.the-peak.com.au/What_s_On/Events/events.html and hope that gives you some inspiration...
Once you know where you wanna go, a meetup with the Melb fraternity will be a mere formality...
smile.gif

candyflip
wink.gif

------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

thanks for the responses guys!
I don't really care what music I have to listed to, what i really want most is to meet Melboure bluelighters! I will push for the queens long weekend as most people should be out around then, and a meetup shouldn't be a biggens to organise.
and hamlet, if you really want to see what our sydney BL crew look like, go to pictures, click on meetups, then click on "everyone's fav aussies
smile.gif
". We are in terribly ugly "lost our dog" mode, but it is us nonetheless........
The top is when i first partied with bluelighters (Mona, Miss Apples, Pillcat, Jon, Bernadette, Chill and Special K, Patrick), my first pills for about 6 months that night... great way to impress.....
SEcond photo is us at mine before NY2K party, new years 1999. Lost my dog again that night as well.
And third is big day out. THe others are big day out, Mayhems birthday at Centennial park featuring special guest BeanQueen, the last ones are Dave Seaman at home.
As if you really cared!!!!!
I'll post when we decide on a date.
cheers
pinger

hehehe
I just found out that I have an international Management Team meeting on in Melbourne for the week following the Queens Birthday, so it looks like I'll be getting the flight to Melbourne for free anyway! I'll fly up on Friday night and stay the weekend in luxury on the company...
ahhhh.. (pinger lights cigar and swings back on chair in pleasant satisfaction with himself)

Pinger, go to www.raves.com.au they have lots of information on what's going on around Melbourne. But the next big raves coming up are Every Picture Tells A Story, which is this weekend, so maybe to late for you to come down for that. Like everyone else said, Trade with Paul van Dyk is the next huge rave, I didn't know Pleazure was also on that weekend, but Pleazure is a good rave, it will be much smaller than Trade. Hope this helps
------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

smile.gif
awsome
smile.gif
we gonna have a big welcoming party for pinger...red carpet and all...

who wants to play a game?
How many melbourne bluelighters can you fit in a hotel room?
hehe
pinger

i'd be honoured to rack up a huge room service bill with you...

Yeah!!!!! I will also be in Melb for the long weekend so maybe i can tag along to the meetup........PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Ok, here is the likely scenario.
I'll fly down Friday night (9th June) on the company's expense. They'll put me up at a hotel. I'll catch up with friends on that weekend, and hopefully get to meet the melbourne bluelighters and go to a party over the long weekend (I don't really care what party, just wanna hang out with you guys).
I have to work Tues/WEd/THurs in Melbourne. I'll take Friday off in holidays. Some more of my Sydney friends will fly down that night and I'll go stay with them for the scond leg of the Melbourne experience. We will fly out on Sunday 18th back to sydney.
Yes Mona, you can stowaway if you like.
So this gives me about 9 nights in Melbourne to run amok. I'll prolly have a hire car as well, so getting aroud shouldn't be a problem.
Look out melbourne
pinger