Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Live party/rave recordings

Soma

Bluelighter
Is it just me or are live recordings from parties the absoulfuckingly the best?
Take this: its been like 5 from 6 days in a row its rained or been shit in Melb (I still have wet clothes on the line from Tuesday) and depressing as all fuck. I'm soon to be leaving work for greener pastures so the vibe at work is what you'd expect. Come Sat - housemate's off with her prissy friends leaving me alone, one mate in Syd, one chasing his 3rd woman in 3 weeks (bastard is Italian - I sware its in their blood
smile.gif
), one not home, next door neighbours have gone to Frankston for a 21'st heh. ME all alone with work I should be doing etc and couldn't be fucked. (Ok enough of the sop story
smile.gif
).
BUT LO AND BEHOLD, MY 124Mb MP3 OF PAUL OAKENFOLD LIVE AT GATECRAHSER UK HAS JUST FINISHED BEING NAPSTERED THROUGH MY 33.3k
Thank god for that, you can't resume dl's in napster meaning I've been without Half-Life for a bit
smile.gif

ANYWAY
Shit, man loaded up that beastie to hear crowds start cheering and shit. MAN THE VIBE IS THERE. Next thing I know I'm dancing around the house and shit by myself and it put me in the BEST FUCKING MOOD, its the whole emphatic thing when the music starts peaking and the crowd starts cheering and shit ITS THE BEST. Best thing is its real crowds too and you KNOW what they are going through (as opposed to the old Scooter crowd samples (hey but scooter still rocks
smile.gif
). So I'm dancing about my room which looks directly onto a main street (Malvern Rd, near Chapel for those in Melb), not giving a shit who is looking in, man I even give involuntary cheers myself when the music is peaking and the crowd is going off.
Sweeeeeeeet, if it wasn't for that couple of hours man this weekend would of been a complete write off heh.
Live recordings from parties have an essance all to their own. Today listened to a bit of Midro from Synergy, got all up-e-de-up and finally got off my ass and wandered around chapel street in the best fucking mood ALL FROM LIVE RECORDINGS. Best thing is I went and finally got my EPTAS ticket heh (free CD's too with that)
and the place I got it (opposite VM's) has a low $2 booking fee if you pay cash... ROCK
Anyway, thank god for the music and the people that make shit like this available (the Oakenfold thing was a recording made from Radio 1), it made for a coolie, chemically free weekend.
[This message has been edited by Soma (edited 07 May 2000).]

please tell me the address for that mp3 so i can too download it.
rock on.
your story put a big smile on my face!!!

Agreeeed!
Live recording of events own my universe.
I've got a few tapes from the helter skelter raves in the UK... and @*#^ me they sound good :]
The mcs get the whole crowd going... just makes me all tingly thinking about how much fun they'd be having...
what a vibe..
If any1 knows where to get tapes ordered on the net... i'd love to know.
safe as fuck.

thanx alot soma for that info.
what a great site for music!!
------------------
rolling and strolling, its kinda like bowling. my head's kinda big and it feels kinda swollin'!!

totally agree, some of the live downloads from napster are rocking, especially the gatecrasher ones where the crowd are just going nuts, you can even hear them blowing trumpets and horns. the vibe is amazing.

sorry guys but im moving this over to meetups, where all good threads about music and not drugs should be... it will be locked in discussion forum but open over at meetups...
ta
jb