Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

just watched 60 mins

MrD

Bluelighter
Just watched the 60 mins report on e - it was the American story and will certainly cause a stir no doubt.
The undercover cops attitude was typical - and I was sad to see the footage of the boy who died. Overall the report was the same as we hear from the media all the time.
It was great to see Dancesafe there - I totally agree with their philosphy. No one is ever going to stop anyone using any drug - surely education is the next best thing.
It just pisses me off - sometimes you think that no one ever dies from any "legal" drugs.
Anything that is illegal is going to become big business and result in dangerous drugs being on the streets because their is no quality control and people will always want to make money regardless of the consequences.
I don't drink, I don't smoke cigarettes, I don't take prescription drugs but I do take certain "illegal" drugs. Therefore I will arm myself with as much information as possible and be sensible in my approach to having a good time.
cheers flea
smile.gif
smile.gif

stay safe everyone

I dunno about anyone else but the video they showed of the guy that later died, shocked and disturbed me. kinda scary. To think that the amout that he took would not be that uncommon

i just watched it also i noticed how they said it very possibly causes brain damage ,. Why do they never say "it does " you think with all our tech, if it did so much damge they would have had slides showing how it did this.
Also the boy who died had 5 or more , why didnt they show someone dying from a normal does if it is so dangerous . I know its not really good for you but i think to say its worse than herion is a lot a ****.
it made me miss bluelight lol

The guy who,s freind died of course hes not going to do it no more if i seen my freind die i would either ,. but i think it comes down to commmon sense
also they cop bagging dancesafe for testing the pills and would rather they ring him and tell him (if his daughter had them)well that would work as then she wouldnt give the pills to them i think its about time authoritys praised us pill takers for starting things like dancesafe , and bluelight and trying to be safe about it ,. and that were not knocking over 50 year old ladys for 10$ to get our next hit .
The XTC Kiss
Whats it like to close your eyes ,
And deep inside you fantasize,
Those feelings which your body knows,
That stem from just one single dose ,
You feel a smile creep on your lips ,
Feel a tingling on your finger tips,
Pressure building, blood afire
As eyes gaze apon it with such desiree,
You sense excitement in the air,
And hope this is the one to take you there,
A laugh of joy a sigh of bliss ,
The joy you feel when it reaches your lips ,
THE XTC KISS

Where was the medical stats/autopsy reports to prove ecstacy was the substance which caused those deaths?
Only five pills, hmm sounds like alot of our usage patterns, scary kinda (iam sure they didnt mention toxicology reports conclusively determining ecstacy was the substace involved in his friends death, I will have to watch it again to see)
As for pacifiers, glow sticks and vicks inhalers etc
being signs of drug use.What a complete load of bollocks Mr red neck cop
1 hit of ecstacy will deplete your serotonin for a very long long time. Mr professor was very vague indeed, given a man of his qualifications.
More dangerous than herion..
I dont know of any pill heads whom rob/bash and hold up supermarkets, banks, houses etc to obtain there next hit.
hmm very disappointing, if we mention to anyone that we take pills now and whom has never taken ecstacy and is prone to believing that drivel that sixty minutes aired will think we are worse than a herion users..
THUMBS UP to dancsafe for doing something very worthwhile in harm reduction etc..
OH and i was just chatting with someone on ICQ and there friend IS NOW not allowed to attend funcore (in sydney)as a result of that story...
I HOPE SIXTEE FOOKIN MIN__UTES got what they wanted mass fooking HYSTERIA amongst the mindless massses
*note* theres a discussion board on ninemsn.com.au where u can post your views on the story they aired.
http://discussion.ninemsn.com.au/bbs60minutes1.asp?topicid=250
sorry ive rambled dribled and edited enuf
[This message has been edited by wizpEr (edited 07 May 2000).]
[This message has been edited by wizpEr (edited 07 May 2000).]

DAMN! I MISSED IT!
------------------
Once you pop, you can't stop...

All I can say is thanks to my dog who was begging my parents to go for a walk. Perfect timing.
My best freind loves glowsticks, and she is not on drugs. Now anyone that buys glowsticks or vicks is gonna be labelled a druggo.
Haha, my dad likes to go fishing, i think he is on drugs.

Yeah, the story was just as i expected, the typical make the parents and grannies out there mad at the people "selling drugs to our kids"...ooh poor us!!
The only shocking/sad thing was the guy who died....the rest was biased bullshit, full of hypocracy (i bet that cop is a major pill muncher).
I'm getting sick of media/government crap. If i were in parliament, i would wana be minister for E-commerce....stupid joke
smile.gif

Seriously, if they wanna focus on anything-let it be alcohol, all the fights, vommitting, sleazing on girls at clubs etc. are from alcohol. not pills.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the legendary pharmacists/scientists/chemists who have quit their day job and taken a risk into the pill trade with those huge fucken labs of theirs. You guys are fucken legends-keep up the good work!!!!

i was slurping my chuppachups and dancing away with my glowsticks (addicted love of glowsticks) way before i did ANY drug of any sort.
Good observation there Srgnt Redneck Cop.
Im curios as to the "legal status" of alcohol, if it were never invented in the dark ages, but was introduced into our society say somewhere mid 80's. Im sure it would have been just as illegal.
One day, E would be socially acceptable much like smoking and drinking is. Until then, ill continue dreaming
Oh and im soooooo glad my parents got the greek channel on foxtel and were watching that, cos they are sooo ingnorant as to raves, and all discarded glowsticks in the car, that surely they would have lost all respect for me.
Well, the evil media/tv has fed the minds of the lambs, but we all know better to not listen to them.

I was in Fox Studios today...
I saw that HUGE ChuppaChup in the Cadbury store... it made me giggle...
smile.gif

it was 800g of solid chuppachup! just walk around at raves offering everyone a lick..
smile.gif
hehe.. (picturing it in my head)
anyway, that was my day....

I only got to see the second halve of the report(watching simpsons), I was at my parents place and watched it with them, they didn't suspect a thing(I think?).
My thoughts are the same as everyone else, I think that we should all write letters to 60mins saying all the stuff that we have said here.
I think that TiggerChick's motto is great
JUST SAY KNOW
I try to find out as much about what I take, I know the risks and how to lower them, most ppl drinking alcohol wouldn't know what it is doing to them.
------------------
Simba
[This message has been edited by Simba (edited 07 May 2000).]

Channel 9 - should be renamed THE REDNECK STATION! (sorry may be a lot of shouting in this post).
FUCKING TOOLS! (ahhhh thats a bit better)
1 - Redneck Seppo 'law enforcement agent'.....enough said there on anything he has to say being educated or well informed! He proves he's a complete redneck by bagging Dancesafe for what they do....what they do is hundreds of times more productive than anything he will ever do.
2 - The 'ex-junkie' with the 'my friend died and i will never take that shit again' - tailor made for TV, custom fucking designed for TV! Friend had 5 pills (too many for most). They didn't say anything about what he actually died from, was it mdma... I doubt it or they would have said conclusively, so more that likely had some other crap in it. Scary footage nonetheless.
3 - The hard news anchor woman who will be snorting cocaine at a party next week.....total bitch attitude with everyone....talking about anyone who takes ecstasy as the lowest of the low....wheres the unbiased journalist?
Then there are some of the outrageous claims .... a recent study shows that one mdma tablet causes brain damage and permantly reduces your seratonin levels....what recent study....if there is one I wanna read about it! One pill will make you dehydrated and cause exhaustion....dancing might cause exhaustion, the pill certainly won't. There have been 40 deaths from ecstasy in the last three years in Florida!! Bullshit.....maybe from pills containing some other crap like PMA or DXM.....or worse! Show me some toxicology reports showing MDMA in people who have died.....thats not to say we shouldn't be worried about getting pills with shit in them....different point though.
Ah fuck I dunno I am too pissed off to really even phrase my thoughts correctly...or maybe its all the brain damage I have......I wonder if any of the Packer family has ever had an e...doesn't James Packer ... Mr. Channel 9 live in Bondi?......hmmmm.
Well....never let the truth get in the way of a good story.....government 'influenced'media organisations never seem to (corrupt ... do I smell kickbacks ... a hint of corruption....never!...wouldn't happen in Australia....proven by how honest all our policeforce is!!)
I'm outta here....got pop some anti-depressants cos my seratonin levels are so permantly depleted....
smile.gif

The sixty minutes website has an E fact sheet supplied by the Australian Drug Foundation. This states that whilst not a lot of hard evidence exists about long term damage, one of the immediate effects of taking a pill experienced by MANY users is kidney failure! The good news is however according to the same fact sheet that this only lasts for about 6 hours after dropping. I guess then that the kidney stops failing.

hrmmm....a whole 11.5 minutes dedicated to such an important topic...if they'd actually have included some facts it might have lasted the whole 60 minutes.

Shit like this makes me sooooo anoyed. I am not gonna bother pointing out the floors in the story, as i reckon its been pretty well covered by now.
But what can we do? I can write a letter in to 60 mins, but even if it get shown, so what? People still won't like the idea of their kiddies taking what they once heard was a brain damaging substance.
Its a shame that so much of the Australian population is happy to be part of *the flock*. It even worse that the shepards leading this flock are only primarily concerned with the money they can make from their corrupt dealings. Perhaps this is the reason for the recent anti E push. Maybe the politicians aren't getting *their share* of the drug money when it comes to E.
Hmmmm, maybe i just have brain damage...

holy shit!!! i didn't kow this shit was BAD for you!!!
anyone know a good heroin dealer?

Unfortunately i missed 60 minutes last night, for the record i allways miss it. (on purpose cause it's all shit!!!)
Anyways i was talking to a friend who did see it and they at least took the positive out of the story and footage.
smile.gif
A machine that spits out 300 pills a minute
smile.gif
The factorys were nice and clean and the production process looked very professional.
Can anyone elaborate on this please?
She mentioned these were recently busted factories in Amsterdam - does anyone know if they do "police auctions" lol
[This message has been edited by mini-mE (edited 08 May 2000).]

Caution!!!
Caution!!!
Use of ecstasy will lead to immediate seizures, convulsions and almost certain death.
I'll never have a pill again.

This is a quote from an e-mail someone here at work sent to me. She is a 23 Y.O female:
"Hi, yeah as i was saying B4, i watched 60 minutes last night, about "E"s and after watching it i am definatley not going to try it.How about you, has your views changed? I;m not sure if you watched it, but they were saying, that it was the worst drug on the market, after Heroin.....and you said it was safe. I am still curious though, but don't think i've got the guts to try it. By the..."
Need I say more?
60 mins, I just have one question, WHY???
>
frown.gif
Jaff

Do you really think they are gonna make it a fair, unbiased story, especially from American 60 minutes? The one thing that really hurt me in that story was when they went into the factory, and the bitch was holding about 50 beautiful white mitza's!! Oh, how I longed to be in there!! You shoulda seen the pills!! makes me wanna cry! Oh, and the fit dude, I reckon they shoulndt have shown that because it was really disturbing, although not as disturbing as all those confiscated pills
wink.gif

ps: most of the feedback on the MSN site is pretty good!