• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I am astounded by the lack of compassion. Check this post from Blue 2000.

Well...That WAS an interesting reaction to some poor soul's accident/mistake/foolishness... I hope we here in Oz are NOT thta reactionary nor unsympathetic..
OK some ppl either have no "experienced" friends to help them, push their "acceptance" envelope that bit too far, are plain ignorant or stupid... But to disparage and openly condemn that person for ruining (?) THEIR (???) event is a tad too far... Sure we should be a little angry with the person, but our anger should be with the misinformation, the ignorance and what-have-you...
The person doesn't deserve to die (unless they were a paedophile..those ppl get ZERO, NAUGHT, NULL, NADA, NIENTE sypmathy from me.. sorry I'm off on a tangent :).. ) ..
I like your snippet as well pkn... So much for the PLUR thing...
Enjoy and be SAFE

I don't wish to continue the argument on this page but most have good points but took them a little too far.
Everyone knows their bounds but why keep trying to push them.
Our bodys aren't like cars, if you blow your liver, it aint that easy to find a spare one.

You're right Antipodes they did have some good points...But they just take them to the N-th degree...
Sheesh...And true, some ppl just don't know when to stop.
Yep, body parts aren't that easy to replace.. And even harder to find! Hmmm...sounds like an ad...
Take care and ENJOY!

That's nothing guys!!!....would you like to see the worst case of Monday comedown I've recently seen on Bluelight???....
check THIS out!! :
www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum6/HTML/002177.html
oh man, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!
LOL...those American's crack me up!!...
candyflip
smile.gif

------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

to pkn and synth - i commend you on your words. listen up people, the main discussion board (and the ignorant responses) shows us how not to act given the path we have chosen, remember e is not simply a drug..
i would like to think most would agree that when one begins to use e there are certain values that we live by to make it all feel that much more worthwhile - compassion, respect, unity, love etc
OR
am i a loner that still abides by all of those things that e has taught me over the last seven years.. do i live in a fanciful dream that will never exist again??
i hope that my fellow aussie bluelighters will stand by me in my ramble
based on all your contributions towards bluelight over the last year i have a feeling some (hopefully most) of you agree...
you guys rock
take it easy

Yeah i agree some valid points in that sequence, however i do feel the ppl in there are way to serious
we all have our bad moments and do things that go beyond our control!!
must say americans are very wound up
smile.gif

hehe
aussies rock
------------------
"enemies becoming friends , when bitterness ends"

Woaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
candyflip that was a wicked post! I don't like to say it but.....Gees those Americans are NUTS!! I think that was a Rikki Lake webcast...Shiiiiitt..
he he he

damn you pkn
smile.gif

now you made me go read that thread......now i have had to post to that thread.......now i am pretty pissed and never want to go over an d party in the 'good ol US of A'.
smile.gif

eggman

Well shit, now they took the post off the server...
Its a shame that some people can ruin the image of many millions of other people.
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!

They sure did take that post off!! BUT..wait there's more!!
Check out (on Disc 2000) the post titled "Why I am leaving bluelight..." by Andi (the poor girl in the other post!)..
The fun never stops in the good ol' U S of A!
There are some *interesting* posts on that board....
Have fun!!

Hey all - I'm not Australian, but I have to say I agree with you guys 100%. People need to learn to respect the sanctity of life, in the US and everywhere else.
pkn - you were dead on - everyone is quick to preach PLUR without thinking about the true meaning of it.
Not ALL Americans are crazy, just most of us... ;-)
If any of you actually DO make it to the states (namely, New York) feel free to give me a holler...
PLUR
------------------
Lay back in sun...
Gonna have me some good times
Good dope, good fun

the thread is still there. i am staying out of it from now on.i can see why some people are pissed about people od'ing but their attitude to the whole 'people fucking our shit up' bit is puzzling =>ho hum such is life.
one thing i am concerned is that us in our little corner here (australian discussion board) do not start to harbour an us and them attitude wrt bluelighters elsewhere....it is starting to be a trend and could ensure some hostility which this place could do without
slodiver=>not all americans are crazy . you are spot on .....just that you got a bigger supply of crazies than us
wink.gif

and maybe peeps in nyc are more tolerate than in ohio (flame suit on!!)
-eggman.

I must say, I am most impressed with the response here from the Aussies. I think we are a pretty switched on mob here. Our general attitude is encouraging, hence why I belive our scene is so tight.
Just wanted to add that this post was not a "lets all stand back and point at the yanks." The country of origin had no bearing on me highlighting the post. I would have reacted the same if the thread was started here in Aus/NZ/Asia.
Anyway, I wont dwell on it, hope you are all gearing up for an eventful weekend.
Cheers,
James.
(P)ies, (L)aughter, (U)ltimacy, (R)owdy
(Aussie version)

This is the kind of stuff that I have been talking about and trying to avoid in the down under forums.
Regardless of whether it's monday-itus, e-depression or a fucked up personality, if we all think before we type and don't let our emotions rule us then things will be so much more peaceful in our own forums.
That thread was nothing but some dissapointing self centred crap.

I think it is something that needs to be addressed.
Once you reach a responsible age (which differs for everyone, but *you* should be able to gauge your own maturity):
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT GOES INTO YOUR MOUTH, NOSTRIL, ANUS, VAGINA, BELLYBUTTON!
Simple! If i am ever to get a pill for a friend, my first words to them are "i am not responsible for the quality, quantity or validity of what i am giving you. if you take it, you are doing so at your own risk!"
Sure the "we are one community we should look out for eachother" echo comes into play, but don't ever forget that what we are doing is *against the law*! Doesn't mean shit to me, but to most people, knowing someone who has broken the law is like leaving a toilet unflushed.
Regardless of what i ever said, if my parents knew i was doing illegal drugs, it would leave a sour taste in their mouths forever... but to everybody on bluelight, it's just common knowledge that *dangermouse the human being* takes illegal drugs.
I have to be responsible for what i take as well as who knows what i take.. it is the *only* way this community will work!
Onward charge!

I'd like to add my perspective here, if you dont mind. Im not american, but I live in the States at the mo, and I post fairly frequently in the main discussion forum.
There is no doubt that BL2000 has slid down a bit of a slippery slope recently, most likely due to the departure of the Canadians, the Brits and Aussies..hahaha, no Im just kidding!
There has been a huge influx of newbies, and no-one to really show them the positive side of Bluelight. There are only a couple of non-plur filled bitter old jaded cynics left to say, hey, sit back and bloody well think for half a second before those fingers start typing away. If you can think that is.
If someone in the aussie discussion forum were to write some sort of nonsense, Im quite positive a fair few people would jump in to set him or her straight, and not necessarily in a mean and evil way, just a straight forward no crap kind of a way. Who knows, it might even mean that people would learn something from each other on this site. Imagine that!
BUT, I digress and the point of my post isnt to drone on about the state of the forum itself, its to tell you not write off all americans on the basis of some of the foolish things youve seen posted...there are some very very cool people over here, and once you get past some of the undecurrent of Materialistic Corporate and Capitalist America, its a really beautiful and very diverse country, with a lot to offer.
You can even find a good party or two and some banging tunes if you search hard enough
smile.gif

Not a patch on Australia mind you
smile.gif

------------------
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and DOGGONE it, people like me"

*sigh* Yeah, this thread and even moreso the original post it critisizes makes me a bit ashamed to be American. The lack of compassion turns my stomach, and it sucks that I have to overcome the stereotypes my country's overall mentality encourages.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

i have met beanqueen, and can vouch that she can be an honourary aussie anyday- she rocks
anyway, let's take it on board to step into the BL2000 forum and try to up the quality of threads, rather than doing nothing about it.....
pinger

Ah natural selection at its finest is at work here my friends.
Why is it that we view death as so tragic when it is part of the circle of life? Some cultures and religions celebrate it as something wonderful. But who knows who is right.
Why is it that we view someone OD'ing as more tragic then the homeless who freeze to death on the streets or that poor bastard who gets hit by a car? Is it because it could have been avoided? Is it because it happened in a setting which is supposed to be conducive to togetherness and taking care of one another? Personally I think he cheated himself out of life and that is sad, but I save my real emotion for those kids with leukemia or someone with a family who dies from cancer, because they couldnt control it.(unless they smoked 4 packs a day and lived under power lines)
Does that make me less compassionate? Or am I simply making a value judgement on which death means more to me, or which is more deserving of compassion. Its people like that kid who get in cars fucked up and take other's lives. In this case he took his own, and I mourn for his family and friends and for him in some fashion, but I cant help feeling somewhat ambivalent because he did it to himself.
I guess it all really depends on our value and morality standards within ourselves.
------------------
Peace
Soulwatcher
"me Grimmlok think me want to drop E and listen to trance..."