Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Abstinence is good?

Brook

Bluelighter
Hello boys and girls,
Been having some chats with some friends of mine recently, and a few have been complaining that their pills just arent having the same effect as when they first started.
I proceded to ask them if they had taken "any breaks" from our beloved niece.
the answer? nope, no breaks.
so i "debated" with them that you must give yourself some rest for awhile if you want to get the same feelings again.
they argued that it was just the quality of the pills that they had been getting.
now, do u have to have some breaks from it? or should u just be able to pop 1 or 2 and keep going?
cheers,
Brook

Well I have been on a self imposed break since December last year ... The beans in were OK but jsut were no cracking me nowhere near as good as what they used to so as soon as I do pop again (when who knows no rush Im on the drink again and loving it funnily enough) I will let people know
Chill

yeah its funny how everyone thinks that tolerance happens to other people
wink.gif
i include myself in this...
its a reality for everyone who uses e; the less you take the better they work. less is more in this case...
if anyone doesn't believe this and wants the scientific reasoning behind it then just ask.
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 01 May 2000).]

I agree with all of the above, but I'd also have to say the quality of pills presently is pretty woeful...
I only drop about once a month (if that - can still drink and have a great time), so I reckon I can make some justified points here on whether they are any good...and frankly, they ain't...
But Brook, I'm always surprised (especially in the American Discussion 2000 forum) how many of the Bluelighters think a week without drugs is an eternity!....that's really shocking!!...
candyflip
smile.gif

------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

Well Amercians always do it better, after all they are the defenders of truth, justice and the American way..barph!
The key is: drop if you want to, when you want to and with whom you want to. There is no right or wrong way/dose/resting period, BUT know when to stop....unless you are with Candyflip because he goes all nite baby
biggrin.gif
!
------------------
Don't stop grooming the wookie....

you know what, your last pill is only as good as you let your dd sell you
so many people complain about the quality of the pills because they place themselves in a position of no power....
ie buying on the night, in the dark, in a club, from a stranger
or not testing pills prior to buying
or not reading pill reports
or buying one pill at a time, rather than a few when you know they are good
Over the last couple of years we have had some very nice pills, CU's, CK's, Euro's, Rolex's, etc. But still people continue to buy seriously dodgy pills from people they can't trust.
Join the dots on that one......
anyway, back on topic, less IS more. Your body needs at least a fortnight to replace seratonin (assuming steady sleeping pattern, regular exercise, good eating patterns, standard metabolism) after a decent pilling session.
once a month is a good rule of thumb. that way clubbing doesn't become something you do every weekend. otherwise you find yourself on the dancefloor every weekend thinking "Ho-hum, another pretty good night with some people i've met before, some tunes i heard last week, and a place i plan to come back to next friday night." How exciting can that be every weekend? No wonder people think the pills are "losing their legs".
ciao
pinger
[This message has been edited by pinger (edited 01 May 2000).]

i agree with pinger about ppl buying shitty pills becoz they dont choose carefully,
as i stated in an earlier post, i know which of my dd's get good bickys and which ones get the shitty ausie speed bombs,
the dd i buy from only ever has imports and good ones, ie past bickys inc euros, cu's, rolexs, ck's, grey fish, and more. true i pay a bit more, but in my oppinion it's worth it
so find yourself a regular dd who you know only gets imports, only buy off them and still test everything BEFORE you buy or try,
i cant comment on what they were like a few years ago but i'll tell you ive had some very nice ones over the last couple of months
------------------
two bickies are better than 1.......3 are even better
though ill take one euro over 3 fuken olympic shitty rings!
oh euro where art though?

after taking 2-3 pills a week for about 6 months, i was constantly being disappointed because it was taking more and more to get the same feeling...
then i took 5 weeks off and had a cK. you can imagine how good i felt!
do yourself a favour & take long breaks.

Breaks are certainly the best way for your body to naturally recover & rebuild its seratonine levels etc - but if you insist on regularly rolling - then preload & Post load - it really helps... Plenty of info on that in other discussions.
D-child

Heyas,
I also think that a break helps a lot more than just with the rush, pillin hard constantly for a while can also emotionally drain u, and mentally drain u as well.
The comedowns from pillin every week get longer as well, and a lil harder.
I think the emotional drain is a biggun though. Keep an eye out 4 it. I think that could be the first big sign 4 a break, was 4 me anywayz
Bottom line break is good.
Going on a Pillgrimige 2 a club every month or so is better, hehe the music does get a lil erm... sameish
smile.gif

------------------
tray--->
You must give your everything for that one slice of Perfection...

"Ho-hum, another pretty good night with some people i've met before, some tunes i heard last week, and a place i plan to come back to next friday night"...I really like this pinger...didn't get ir off deep did ya?...just kidding
wink.gif
...it's very easy to get into that state of mind and into that habit...it's much better to go out once or twice a month (do pillin' I mean) and have an AWSOME time than go out 6 times a month and have an AVERAGE time...hmmm...awsome quote...
smile.gif

smile.gif
p.h.
smile.gif

I got some friends that go to home every Saturday night without fail. And now are going Friday's to Sublime. That is just ridiculous...boring even.
Personally I like to go to a different club each week, or even just do some pubs instead.
But even that is dangerous coz I have some non-clubbing friends who love to drop pills in pubs and talk shit all night.
Last weekend we did "dinner" on Friday night, then some pubs and low-key clubs on Saturday night. Just some bourbons, couple of slippery nipples, champagnes, and finished it off with a hot dog from Harry's Cafe D Wheels. It wasn't a belter of a night, but it was fun, and come Monday everything is so much easier.
I will say this though...the level of interaction amongst people when they are not on something Vs when people are on something is huge.
We all can relate to the "hey I was just chatting with..." when at a club. Put people on grog at a pub, and people do tend to stick to their own little groups more.
Personally I like the places where some people do take stuff, although not everyone. That way it doesn't get too messy, but people are open to meeting new people and having a chat.
I think to break it up I might do a few coke nights instead...just stand around and look down my nose at everyone
wink.gif

I think its quite funny, that no matter where we are 3am seems to be the time people on grog leave/go home etc. Everyone knows what Ive been upto.
* In bed by 3am, piss night
* Sometime after 6am (upto 11am) pill night.
The worst time for me is to go out with my drinking buddies, who pass out at 2am, then hop into my car, and say "Right whats open and close by", and before I know it Ive dropped one and am going full pelt in a club somewhere. Its nights like that, that can be quite silly coz they are unplanned and the consequences often not thought through.

pinger as always hit the nail on the head.
i think we all know that an adjective that separates MDMA from the "lesser" drugs, the boring amphetamines, the coke, the pot etc is "magical".
Done too often it looses its magic. Save it for the special occasions, NYE, ur b'day, big nights such as ministry, GC, for when ur favourite DJ is in town, ur anniversary and so on.
If u must have drugs every week have speed, half the pills r that only anyway.
It really saddens me when people i know say speed is better than pills, coz in reality MDMA has in their damaged brains been reduced to having the meager capabilities of speed.
Don't let the increble exp be lost in u too.

wink.gif
*bump* Something that is definitely worth talking about, from a harm minimisation point of view.
It's an old post, and it's all been said many times before, but I think in this thread there are some eloquent replies.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

I couldn't agree more with what everyone here is saying. I know a few people who pill every week and I just think that would really deminish the experience you get. I only pill about once every month or two. But I'm glad thats all I do, becuase I think if you were to do it all the time, that special feeling you get when your rolling, wouldn't be so special.
I know its been said a thousand times before, but I really believe the key to everything is moderation.
Takes pills all the time, then ofcourse its going to screw you up, and you'll grow tired of the 'high' feeling.

I don't take pills very often any more. A few extra in the holidays, but hardly any during semester... but I think I'm going to take an extended break until April or May. I'll just stick to speed every couple of weeks or so. The if the magic hasnt returned in the next pill I have (hoepfully, and I'm planning for it to be MDMA powder), I'm giving up pills forever.
Yeah.. i'v lost the magic again.. and that fully sucks - and i dont want to take pills if they're not awesome every time! but personally I think my time with them is sort of over :-/