Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GHB prevention of MDMA neuro toxicity!

Leprechaun

Bluelighter
Having tried pure GHB recently, (WHAOOOOOOO!!) I really enjoyed it people. Doing it with respect and caution I was able to get full body rushes for about an hour, the feeling was like that of being enhanced mildly like E, slightly uncoordinated like on alcohol, but without the confidence boost of alcohol. Also, a massage just made me want to explode. If you can get your hands on real pharmacutical grade GHB, I thoroughly recommend it as a Alcohol substiture at parties!
Anway, the topic is regarding GHB dopamine inhibiting effect. I have read that after a dose of GHB dopamine release is inhibited, I am wondering after a dose of MDMA, would GHB prevent the Neuro Toxicity by preventing Dopamine being oxidized and damaging Seretonin Axons.
Any input would be great. I have done some searching on the net, but as yet have unable to find conclusive evidence!
smile.gif

Loving all!
RESPECT and EMPATHY require each of exculsivly, and without them I cannot imagine humanity.

*Bump*
I thought this was interesting, because you could have a point. You just have to make sure you dont take any amphetamines AFTER the G because the GHB, while it stops the dopamine from being released, it makes more and more of it for you. So technically (and this is why people do G at the peak of their E, I've done it before and it's true) the E or speed will release all that dopamine at once which makes you rush like a motherfucker (excuse the lack of scientific terms, but that's truly what it's like).
I love G. Almost more than pills. No, more than pills
smile.gif

mona.
------------------
"If music be the food of love, play on" W. Shakespeare

leprechaun,
How ya going mate? Initial thoughts on GHB preventing neurotoxicity from e are that it definitely would not, in fact it would make it worse! "GHB temporarily inhibits the release of dopamine in the brain. This may cause increased dopamine storage, and later increased dopamine release when the GHB influence wears off [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]"
Therefore there is more dopamine around in the synapse after the GHB wears off, which can be 'taken up' into the axon region and oxidised, damaging the axon.
Since seratonin depletion will last for a couple of days, and since GHB effects only last a relatively short time, it would not work. One of the reasons prozac is thought to be effective at preventing neurotoxicity from e is because it has a long half life, so it will keep acting for the time necessary to replace seratonin stocks.
That being said, maybe it would be possible to synthesise some sort of GHB variant that will inhibit dopamine for the necessary length of time. Then I reckon ya could be on to something.
Another problem with GHB is that it can become physically/psychologically dependant ( I personally think its a fine line )...I know a small number of people who have found this.
all right thats my bit
smile.gif

Aus