• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Strange Mix Discovered In Raid On Home

rm1x

Ex-Bluelighter
This made me laugh very hard :)

http://www.swtimes.com/archive/2004/September/08/news/strange_mix.html

By John Lyon
times record • [email protected]

Two Crawford County residents were arrested Monday after authorities said they found evidence that the couple had been manufacturing methamphetamine — or at least trying to.

Authorities went to the home of Todd Andrew Willet, 31, and Kristi Lynne Morgan, 31, in the 4900 block of U.S. 71 near Alma after receiving complaints from neighbors of a strong chemical smell, said investigator Lanny Reese of the 12th-21st Judicial District Drug Task Force.

Inside the residence, officers found a mixture of chemicals that appeared to be in the process of some type of chemical reaction, but it was unclear whether the mixture would have produced methamphetamine. Reese said Willet told the officers he had mixed paint thinner with “all the pills he could find” in the house.

“I’ve never seen anything like that before. I don’t know if it actually had ephedrine in it, or if he actually knew what he was doing,” Reese said.

The chemicals will be analyzed at the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory in Little Rock, Reese said.

Officers also found suspected marijuana in the residence. Willet and Morgan were arrested on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia with intent to manufacture methamphetamine and possession of marijuana.

It brings a whole new meaning to "bath tub crank" doesn't it!

wow.... I guess after reading all those stories in the media about how people make meth he just got an idea in his head that wouldn't go away ;)

"..intent to manufacture methamphetamine.."

You would have to pissed to have that slapped against you for what they were doing!

This is what happens when you go off half cock without first reading the instructions that came with your homebrew kit ;)

If find that story more scary than funny. Imagine if they sold that crap to some poor bastard?

according to the media, any 12yr old with an internet connection can make meth, he mustnt have had a net connection =D

and can he get done with intent to manufacture? even if all he could possibly make was a stinky mix of solvents and panadol?

Yeah, but in reality, not even your average person could make even Methamphetamine, unless they had at least a decent amount of Organic Chemistry knowledge.
Or... unless they were shown, first-hand, how to manafacture the crap.

I dunno if this was propaganda that I just recenty heard, but apprantly these middle-aged "Meth-head" dudes with chemistry degrees and shit, are travelling around certain states in America, to show certain young "Meth-heads", of "The Scene" how to actually make the stuff. Pretty amazing stuff.

yeah, again this comes down to making sure you test your gear before and/or after you purchase it.

imagine digesting that shit 8(

^ shit, i only get imports. fuck imagine what effect this would have had on the media, politicians would be raving on cracking down harder on drugs, and maybe not legalising weed because of it - since its nearly voting time. I'm glad they got busted, fucking try to harm fellow tweakers with pain thinner! I wish the neightbours threw a match/cigarette butt into the house!!!!

haha, are you for real? I just think they where _realy_ dumb and probably had no clear idea what they were doing themselves.

sorry bro... i don't drink beer due to little sticker on my med box that states not to mix my pills with alcohol 8)

But i think my ice-cream is imported, personal imports are my favorite, handpicked by ice-cream lovers and great quality... its worth the extra cash ;). Problem is that it may dissolve by the time it arrives into australia %)

Deformed_Neuron said:
Yeah, but in reality, not even your average person could make even Methamphetamine, unless they had at least a decent amount of Organic Chemistry knowledge.
Or... unless they were shown, first-hand, how to manafacture the crap.

I dunno if this was propaganda that I just recenty heard, but apprantly these middle-aged "Meth-head" dudes with chemistry degrees and shit, are travelling around certain states in America, to show certain young "Meth-heads", of "The Scene" how to actually make the stuff. Pretty amazing stuff.

Anythings possible with the information around, most of the people that take up meth manufacture aren't chemisists they are average people. Meth isn't that hard to make if you have the instructions and a chemistry book handy. Its just if you have the balls to risk making it and not go to jail.

I don't think the risk is much greater than selling large amounts of drugs and many people do that. From what I know based on Org. Chem. mates, its not a walk in the park but can be done. Your average Joe would be VERY lucky to be successfull at the first attempt. However if they are walked through the process its probably a different mater entirly. Somehow I don't think those guys had a mentor.......