Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ecstasy or Sex - make a choice.....

candyflip

Bluelighter
If somebody said that too you, which would you choose?
* Now before anybody flames me, I'm tired of the last week of bitching and in-fighting going on around here. It's just plain boring to read and too hard to follow. SquaresandCircles has made his/her point: joke is over. Let's have a discussion everyone about a topic that perhaps we all have some experience in and which we may all have a different point of view to express? I (for one) would be very interested to hear the differing opinions...If you do have a problem with the subject of this thread, some simple advice: ignore it. I don't need to hear your carping and neither does anyone else who actually might be interested in replying. Thanks...
I've always said that this whole scene for me
is nothing more than entertainment. I use it as I need, forget about it for weeks at a time (even months, before The Peak!) and view it with both eyes open and my bullshit radar set as high as it'll go (eg. "Brandon Block vs. Judge Jules - Who's the better DJ?" - ummm, hello?!?! These guys only play other people's original commercial records and yet they are held up as God's?!?!...go figure!?).
So my answer is Sex over X (and the 'scene' actually). I love being here and hanging with you guys, but if it comes down to the drugs vs. a woman, ummmmm..it's a no contest I'm afraid!!
smile.gif

and you?
candyflip
(Happy Easter)
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by candyflip (edited 22 April 2000).]

ah why not have both? thats what i do... and thats why i often dissapear rather early from parties... the best of both worlds
wink.gif

and what if that someone you're disappearing with says to you "I'm tired of this scene, and the all nighters we pull, and the bad moods on Mondays, and all the drugs we take and not seeing Sunday morning straight in so long. I want to stop. Are you coming with me?"
what then?
------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

ah so thats what this post is about... hmmmm dont know what to say man...
is this your way of saying you're not coming to Gatecrasher?
wink.gif

Ahhh, nice detective work Johnboy but unfortunately for you, no cigar!!...
wink.gif

This is a scenario I've seen, not experienced, but it still makes one think how they'd act in a similar role, doesn't it?
If I loved her, I'd be outta' the scene quicker than a rat out of an aqeuduct....
------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au

Candyflip, i think i'ld have to agree with you 110% on what you are saying. Don't get me wrong, i enjoy taking ecstasy and hitting a party, but when it comes down to choosing between a party and something way *WAY* more special than that, it would definitely be the latter.
***I'm with candyflip on this one!
Mr.Klownz!

Parties + drugs are easy to find and come along every weekend. True love isn't so easy to find + i say once you've found it u shouldn't do anything to jeopardise it.
I am lucky in that i have both but if my boy ever said that he wanted out i'd go with him. We've both been partying for a while so it kind of gets to the point of been there, done that. We have talked about this before + both agree drugs can't last forever.We have 2 stop one day + if either of us wants to stop we've agreed we both will.
I am not willing 2 lose what i have over drugs. E is fun but u can't snuggle up to it on a cold night or cry on it's shoulder if u have a problem.At the moment i definately enjoy both but if it came down to an ultimatime i'd side with love.
p.s maybe this post should be titled ecstacy vs love.

I thought 'sex' in the title might get more interested lurkers having a crack at this topic!!!....
smile.gif

candyflip
------------------

For me it would all depend on the person. Obviously, but yeah depends on how keen I was on the person. Cos at the moment I am really enjoying partying etc. If something came up? I would almost guarantee she would have to be a raver.
I couldnt see that I would go out with someone that wasnt into the scene. If that person was into the scene and became tired of it? I think I would have to say the scene. I have not finished running a muck yet. Need to blow off all my steam before I can settle down.
Settle down = no more partying
I dont know if I missed the point but I did try this time. See this is the all new, whiter, brighter, more powerful and able to lift tough stains Pillgrim! The Pillgrim that works! What I meant is I am going to try for meaningful posts from now on.
p
------------------
Right now we are gonna bring it back, chill it out a bit and rip the head off it!
[This message has been edited by Pillgrim (edited 22 April 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Pillgrim (edited 22 April 2000).]

If your significant other really loves you, why would they ask you to give up something that they know is such an important part of your life?
My boyfriend and I used to roll together every weekend when we started going out...he got bored with it after about a year, but I didn't, so for the last 2 years I've mostly been going out without him. I kind of enjoy it more on my own, because I'm free to do whatever I want without worrying if he's having a good time
smile.gif

I don't go out that often though...I think if I did it every weekend, it'd be a different story.

FLUTTER,
I am not willing 2 lose what i have over drugs. E is fun but u can't snuggle up to it on a cold night or cry on it's shoulder if u have a problem. At the moment i definately enjoy both but if it came down to an ultimatime i'd side with love.
^^
That is the best thing i ever have heard!
*MEGA-HUGZ-TO-U-MY-FRiEND*
Mr.Klownz!

Yep, i think flutter captured it in a nut-shell, the latter is much harder to come by than the former.
One costs around $50, the other is priceless.
Sure, E's have given me one hell of a ride and in circimstances the experinces have helped me deal with things (when i'm straight that is), but that's nothing compared to what you would learn from your soulmate.
It's almost hard to compare the two, an E might make your legs buckle but if you really loved that person they'd be able to level you with the sight of their eyes.
If i was with the one i loved and she wanted me to stop doing E's, i wouldn't hesitate.
Don't get me wrong, i thoroughly enjoy a good E or 2 but if it came down to it i know i could stop tomorrow.
Besides, there's always been that thought in the back of my mind that one day the come-down is going override the high.
Who knows might happen tomorrow, mighten happen ever.
wink.gif

But hey, if we take the love element out of the equation, hmmm... sex and E's sound like a pretty good mix to me. You be the judge.
see'ya SSU is calling
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Orion (edited 22 April 2000).]

Kicking it back to the orignal topic. I would take sex over e anyway. Even if it is just sex, not love. Sure e is great, but I think carnal pleasures outway empathic ones...
Or maybe it's because I don't get enough (sniff)
[This message has been edited by Elliven (edited 22 April 2000).]

ahhhhhhhhh.......................you guys made me feel all warm and fuzzy.........
smile.gif
smile.gif
:x
i don't think we can say we'd do one thing or the other!!!! when the time and feeling is right, we would do what feels appropriate at the time!!!!
and pillgrimm, i'm with you ...............i have some catching up to do after 16 years of drug abstince!!! i want to have some more fun, and who knows where this path leads me to.....................remember:
everything happens for a reason!!!!!!!!!!
love you all
mev

well, for me, i thought it'd depend on the situation..... but i don't jump through hoops for no-one. Ok that's a bad way to put it, ahhhmmmm, i do my own thing, and if someone asks me to change who i am, i figure that they don't like me for who i am, and i don't change.
What i am is all i am, and if I try to change myself for reasons other than my own, well, I'd be acting out another persons life, and if I let it go further, i'd be a fucking puppet like my bro, and i'd probably develop a multiple personality disorder. But that's me....
[This message has been edited by entropope (edited 22 April 2000).]

A person should love you for what you are, not what you could be, even if that could *is* better
smile.gif

I understand myself but i don't think anyone else will
wink.gif

i hear ya Acid Reign
i understand
------------------
ultimately, we just want to be happy

If your e's are taken from you, would you feel hollow and empty.Would all the lights in the world go dim, would all the sounds become a dour hum, would all the joys you felt turn numb,????????
But if your partner was the one you lost, how would you answer the same questions.
A good 'e' is better than a bad shag,
but isn't it the lack of spiritual bonding that makes the shag bad.
would it be true to say that both e's and good sex,and love,and friendship share the common fulcrum of this inner personal and spiritual (not religios contextual) bonding which gives them thier essence!
The question of chosing sex/love over xtc is a question of true-life over illusion.
True 'beautiful' people are beautiful inside. Visual beauty is but a fragile veneer.
So the choice of love/sex over xtc is a choice of values important to you and your 'id'
I would always choose Flea,as there is nought that could replace that part of her that is forever within me.She is the only true ecstasy I have found!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
this is sooo deeep. I think i need longer legs :p

Heyas,
I personally thing that you can actually get "out of the scene" without missing out on either good thing.
You just have to look at it differently thats all, instead of hitting the club(s) with "everyone" just go with your loved one.
just you and her, (from a boys perspective)
thats it, your in your bubble, you dont have to talk 2 anyone else, u just b, and if u have good timing, both of u will walk out of there, on the BIGGEST GODDAMN RUSH of your life 2gether, leave the club, go home and just b.
It works, and it works well.
I guess the above achieves 2 things, 1 keeps u in the club but out of the scene, what i mean is, instead of being on the floor being rowdy all nite with "everyone" (Extremly Mentally Fuking Draining 2 the MAX but farkin fun none the less)
You can be one of the couples in the back courner of the floof, dancing away and kissing every 2 seconds, hehe they b in a world of their own.
smile.gif

I do the above with my X, the difference is I guess I pop just the one with the lady, cause thats all that is needed, but when you are out with your group u r popin more than just the one, anywayz we go back 2 mi casa, and just hold each other, drift of 2 sleep whenever, and yea, good nite had by all, I got me my Dance fix my Peak fix, my intimate fix, done another top weekend :p
oh and I think cause u have not used all of your "happiness" on "every1" and just your better half, u get no mr Comedowns @ All..
or is it just me :p
okies Ive dragged this on 2 much
I hope someone gets what Ive typed I dont think i do .. :p
------------------
tray--->
If you find love, Love with every substance of your being

peoples! sex DOES NOT equate to the life-time fulfilling soul soothing love you people are talking about..
on one side of the argument we have pure physical sex. you know, a guy and a girl, (or girl/girl, guy/guy) where they do norti stuff. on the other hand we have a chemical compound which tweaks with your serotonin levels to give you a state of being for a couple of hours that most people never feel naturally.
i must say.. before trying either sex or e, i considered them both as incredible mysterious things. now that i have tried both (seperately and together) i seriously do think that the elevated sense of reasoning obtained by mdma is of greater importance than getting your rocks off. if it really comes down to it, masturbation always comes-in-handy (get it?).
love on the other hand, that state where your euphoria is sourced from the soul juice of another human being, is a totally different state of mind altogether. it is more powerful than ecstasy and sex, singular or combined.