Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Anyone know much about Mesculine?

MorpheusDaq

Bluelighter
Well a friend of mine recently go his hands on some of mesculine but we are all hesitant to try it out cause it is straght from the cactus and is still sitting in a bucket waiting to be drained out cause its got bits of the cactus and stuff still in there..So does anyone know anything about how much you are meant to take or stuff like that.. And sorry i dont really have any other info about it as i hardly know anything at all so was wondering if anyone had any ideas at all? Ive tried to look some stuff up but still cant really find any info on dosages or stuff like that..ANy help would be appreciated, hehe otherwise its gonna get tossed out
smile.gif
...Thanx
------------------
Cause life aint nothing but a good groove
A good mix tape to put you in the right mood

first up its spelt wih an "a" mescaline and if its straight from the cactus the its probably not mesc at all, nbecause mesc is a chemical derived from the cactuc by some very fancy lab stuff...
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mescaline/mescaline.shtml
my guess is its peyote... go look up erowid under peyote or other psychoactive cacti, tht should give you an idea of dosage... just be very very careful and realise that if you do partake this plant then you are going to feel sicker than you ever have done in your life... you will throw up till theres nuthin left... but that said its supposed to be fun

Hehe well i told you i didnt know anything about it
smile.gif
. SO obviously that includes how its spelt
(ya see, it was just a little sly joke i really did know it was spelt with an A i just wanted to see if any one else realisedd...
smile.gif
)
..and thanx johnboy i will give that link a look. But that said wellll i dont think i wil bother with it anymore. Throwing up doesnt particualy sound like great fun at all, ill just go get pissed if i wanna do that hehe..
l8r
l8r
------------------

hay jb, ive just discovered a source from another friend
he says you can order the cactus from a site(he's done it before) and what you get is the actual cactus as they arnt illegal-somthing to do with land scape gardening-
you can get peyotee(sp) but apparently it's quite expensive and your better off to get the san pedro cactus, which also contains mescaline
you get like a 6" or a foot long piece or somthing( i'll check and report back)
and you have to do some process to juice it
you end up drinking about 250-300mls of the stuff which apparently tastes god awful and is very viscous in texture
so it's horrible but apparently that'll last you a good ten hours and can be a wonderful experience
the trip is apparently much more intense, more natural and more spiritual than lsd
it's also apparently alot cleaner with little or no come down and sleep is suposedly quite pleasent afterwards
im very interested in trying it and will post again when i have exact information, sorry for the vagueness of this post, im just relaying info i received from a friend on the wknd
could others who have used the drug either in this form or otherwise, please relay there experiences and any info or suggestions they'd like to offer
thanx, im not taking any drugs for a long time unless i can get my hands on some mescaline so this looks like my chance
just found this http://www.erowid.org/plants/peyote/peyote_cactus_guide.shtml
substantiates some of what i said, an offers more info,
[This message has been edited by MunkE Mc (edited 24 July 2000).]

ditto munke... I am interested to try this stuff and seems like a cheap alternative to acid which always seems difficult to chase up over here in perth...
any info found throw some my way too... cheers guys.
------------------
The Strange Guy with the Equally Strange Hair

hay matzuber, if you were talking to me, read my post and you'll see i did do some initial research and im still doing it at the moment, i was just asking for some first hand imput from bluelighters thats all
and about gelcapping them, i read that to do this you need to down about 50 gelcaps so that its more worth it to just put up with the taste and the feeling and drink the goo
and about being sick, well i read that the purer it is(the more you extract it and the less you eat of the actual cactus) then the less effect it's going to have on your stomach though nausea around the 1 hour mark is usual but this will suposedly pass
------------------
move to florida?
if he could he would,
damn sell out!

and matzuber if you were talking to me well i actually did do some research about it, couldnt find any exact info on dosages, and that is why i originally posted this thread to get some help on where to look...which was over three months ago now.
After johnboy posted some links to look at i checked them out and decided i did not want to try it as the dosage info was too vague for my liking, and we did not know exactly what it was that we had anyways. In the end my friend did end up taking it but said it done nothing for him. It had been sitting there for quite a while after we had originally got hold of it tho.
All that said and done i am still very interested in it and may well end up giving it shot before the end of the year.
smile.gif

------------------
[This message has been edited by MorpheusDaq (edited 24 July 2000).]

matzuber thats cool i know i fucked up on the spelling ,but well it was over 3 months ago, i was young and immature then you see
smile.gif
.....(well i need some excuse
smile.gif
)
hehe by the way its morPHEUSDaq, with no O.
smile.gif

cya
------------------

yeah ditto to matzuber drinking the cactus juice tastes like shit, and is almost not worth it.
some day i'll research the stuff properly, as there must be an easier way to consume it, or do some kind of extraction or something.
morpheusdaq - the guy that your said friend got it from obtained it from the same source as i did, but i think you know that already.
anyway, at some point i will get some serious info about it - next time i see my botanist friend.

ok heres a method i found on ewroid for extracting mescaline from the cactus
EXTRACTING PURE MESCALINE FROM PEYOTE OR SAN PEDRO CACTUS
The isolation of mescaline from cacti containing this alkaloid is not difficult to perform and is perhaps one of the most rewarding
alchemical processes that one can attempt. The chemicals required for this process are readily available and their purchase
arouses no suspicion or interest on the part of Government agencies. The equipment employed is not expensive or particularly
complicated or can be constructed very easily from ordinary household items. The entire process can be carried out in any
kitchen in the matter of hours by following the instructions below and in the final stages one can verify the success of the
procedure by actually watching the crystals of mescaline precipitate in the solution. One kilo (2.2 lbs) of dried peyote buttons
may yield between 10 and 60 grams of pure white needle crystals of mescaline depending on the potency of the plants used. On
average the yield is about 20 grams. The usual underground price of a kilo of dried peyote ranges between $125 and $250 (25 to
50 cents per button). From indians in the southwestern USA the price is closer to $50 (10 cents per button). The street price for a
gram of pure mescaline is $20 to $30 - if one is lucky enough to find it. One can obtain from a kilo of dried peyote $200 to
$1200 worth of mescaline. If San Pedro is employed on may anticipate a yield of 3 to 12 grams of mescaline per kilo of dried
cactus. One can legally purchase a kilo of dried San Pedro for $5 to $10 and from it extract $60 to $250 worth of pure
mescaline.
Grind a kilo of the dried cactus, place this in a large pressure cooker, cover with distilled water, and boil for 30 minutes. Strain
the liquids and save them. Return the pulp to the pot, add more water and boil again for 30 minutes. Strain the liquids and
combine them with the first strainings. Repeat this process about five times or until the pulp no longer has a bitter taste. Discard
the pulp and reduce the volume of the combined strainings by boiling in an open pot. Do not use aluminum ware. When the
liquids have been concentrated to the thickness of cream (about one quart), stop the boiling and stir in 400 grams of sodium
hydroxide (lye). This makes the mescaline more soluble in benzene and less in water. If a large separatory funnel is available
pour the liquids into it and add 1600 ml of benzene. Shake the funnel well for five minutes and let it stand for two hours. If a
separatory funnel is not available the process can be carried out in a one gallon jug with a siphon attached.
After standing for 2 hours the water layer will settle to the bottom and the benzene layer will float to the top. Between the two
layers will be a thin emulsion layer of mixed water and benzene. Drain off the water and emulsion layers if you are using a
separatory funnel or siphon off the benzene layer if you are using the makeshift jug-siphon apparatus. Be certain that neither the
water or emulsion layers get into the benzene layer when separating. If any of these layers do get into the benzene during
separation pour everything back into the separator, let it stand and repeat the separation more carefully. It is better to leave some
benzene layer in the water and emulsion than to get emulsion and water into the benzene. Nothing will be wasted. All of the
benzene which contains the mescaline will eventually be salvaged. Sometimes the layers will fail to separate properly. If this is
the case immerse the funnel or jug in a deep pot of hot water for two hours. This will break up the emulsion and bring about the
separation.
Prepare a solution of 2 parts sulfuric acid and one part water. (never add water to the acid or it will splatter; add the acid a little
at a time to the water by pouring it down the inside of the graduate or measuring cup containing the water.) Add 25 drops of the
acid solution one drop at a time to the benzene extracts. Stopper the jug and shake well for one minute. Then let stand for five
minutes. White streaks of mescaline sulfates should begin to appear in the benzene. If these do not appear, shake the jug more
vigorously for two to three minutes and let it settle for five more minutes. I have found that when extracting mescaline from San
Pedro it is sometimes necessary to shake the mixture more thoroughly and for a longer time to get the mescaline streaks to form.
This is probably because of the lower mescaline content in the plant. This would also apply to any peyote that does not have a
high mescaline content. After the streaks appear add 25 more drops of the acid solution in the same manner, shake as before and
let settle for ten minutes. More streaks will appear. Add 15 drops of acid, shake and wait 15 minutes for streaks to form. Add 10
drops, shake and wait about 30 minutes. Test the solution with wide range pH paper. It should show that the solution is between
pH 7.5 and 8. Allow the mescaline sulfate crystals to completely precipitate. Siphon off as much of the benzene as possible
without disturbing the crystals on the bottom of the jug.
The next steps are to salvage any mescaline still in the water and emulsion layer. Combine the benzene siphonings with the
water/emulsion layer, shake these well together for 5 minutes and let settle for two hours as before. Carefully remove the
benzene layer, treat it again with acid, precipitate the crystals and siphon off the benzene as in the previous steps. Recombine the
siphoned benzene with the watery layer and repeat this again and again until no more crystals precipitate. Siphon off as much
benzene as possible without drawing crystals through the siphon.
The next step involves removing the remaining benzene from the crystals. There are two methods to choose from. The first is the
quickest, but requires ether, which is dangerous and often difficult to procure. Shake up the crystals with the remaining benzene
and pour it into a funnel with filter paper. After the benzene has passed through the filter rinse the empty jug with 100 ml of ether
to salvage any crystals in the jug and pour the ether over the crystals in the filter. After the ether has passed through the filter
repeat the rinsing with another 100 ml of ether. Then let the crystals dry. If ether is not available or you do not wish to use such a
highly combustible substance, the precipitate and residual benzene can be poured into a beaker. The jug should be rinsed several
more times with a little benzene and added to the beaker so no crystals are left behind. The beaker is then placed in a heat bath
until all of the benzene has been evaporated.
The next step is to purify the mescaline sulfate crystals. Dissolve the dry crystals in 200 ml of near-boiling distilled water. Add
a pinch of activated charcoal (Norite) and filter while still hot through number 2 filter paper. The hot water which contains the
mescaline will pass through the filter. The Norite absorbes impurities from the mescaline. After the liquids have passed through
the filter pour a little more hot water over the filter to rinse through any remaining mescaline which may have impregnated the
filter paper. Add 10 percent ammonia solution a few drops at a time to the hot filtrates until the solution registers between pH
6.5 and 7. Place a boiling stone in the solution and reduce it's volume to 75 ml by boiling. Remove the boiling stone and allow
the solution to cool to room temperature. Place the solution in a freezer or in a refrigerator set to the coldest possible
temperature and allow the solution to cool to almost freezing. Tiny white needle-like crystals form around the bottom and sides
of the beaker. Break up the crystals with a glass stirring rod while the solution is still ice cold and pour through a filter.
Mescaline sulfate is insoluable in near freezing water and will not pass through the filter. Rinse the beaker with fresh ice water
and pour this over the filter. The crystals will now be pure white and can be dried under a heat lamp or in an over at 250 degrees
F. More mescaline can be salvaged from the water that has passed through the filter by boiling these liquids down to about 20
ml, adding Norite while hot, filtering through number 2 paper as before, chilling the filterate to near freezing as once before,
filtering while cold, rinsing with ice water and drying the crystals. This repetition should obtain at least two more grams of
mescaline sulfate. If large volume mescaline extraction is being conducted it would be worthwhile to repeat this salvaging
procedure several more times.
by Adam Gottlieb
Published 1977
if the taste is that bad, you could do somthing like this i spose

Try a couple of buttons, say 6 and go from there. Do you have peyote or the other cacti someone mentioned? It is very hard to judge with buttons as dosing could range from 4 to 4 dozen! Or so I have read. Mescaline itself is active at 3.75mg/kg. In lower doses nausea is not a factor, in the mid range most people have the tendancy to vomit as the solution tastes fucking foul, but as long as it's been down for a while you should feel fine. Drink plenty of fluids but have an empty stomach the day you partake.
I can not see a way you could use the non-chemically-processed mescaline (straight from the plant) in gelcaps, the amount would be way too large, about a good glassfull and how would you dry it for the gelcaps etc. However street mescaline if it did exist would be good this way I think.
The experience will last all day, 10+ hours. Do not throw that cactus away, it will be something you will never forget.

thank you people... your skills for scouring information from the void known as the web is impecciable. What's the deal with benzene/lye/sulphuric acid... to my knowledge sulphuric acid is kinda hard to lay your hands on... and isn't benzene carcinogenic (spelling?). Cheers guys
------------------

toluene also is always used as a substitute for benzene and would not be that hard to find.
Although the low boiling solvents like ether are always the best but yes, if u cant get access to a person in a chem lab prob hard to get.

OK, this may sound a wee bit gross...
I know some guys back in West Coast Canada (ie Hippy Country) that are into peyote, but are not into the taste, nausea, or stomach cramps that come with it...
So they take it in liquid form via an enema, hold it in for about an hour, then when it starts to kick in, they expel it.
Haven't tried this technique myself, but my mates swear by it.
I'll try to get some more details (ie if dosage is different, exact "holding time" etc. and post them.
------------------
Toeing the line vs. the "E-Conspiracy"

OK! munke, looks piss-easy. now we just have to set up a laboratory in your kitchen, yeah??
biggrin.gif
) i'll call you about it this weekend..
wink.gif

------------------
"the red blinky world is a whole lot different to this one"

i dunno bout you but id rather drink a bucket of goul rather than stick a needle up my ass and give myself an enama, i heard about this aswell, it also said that if your bowls arnt clear you should give yourself a bowl cleaning enema first before you do it with the peyotee, sounds too yuck for me, plugging was bad enough
------------------
move to florida?
if he could he would,
damn sell out!

thanks matzuber... most useful. I might have a look at getting some nifty cactii...
cheers guys
------------------