Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Marijuana, most under-rated drug. IMHO.

Deformed_Neuron

Ex-Bluelighter
I have tried a whole myriad of drugs, ranging from:- Marijuana, Methylene-dioxy-Meth-Amphetamine, Ketamine, Methamphetamine (known to some, incorrectly, as the term "Ice"), Amphetamine Sulphate, Ritalin (Methyl-Phenidate), Heroin (Insufflated, Smoked and orally), Morphine (in form of pills known as "Grey Nurses" and MScontin)[taken orally], Cocaine, Psilocin (Psilocybe Cubensis, known to some as "shrooms", or "magic-mushrooms")... and a few others that would have slipped my mind.

Out of this whole list of drugs, I would have to say that Marijuana has been the most under-rated drug to fit my satisfaction.
I have got to admit that drugs such as Cocaine, MDMA, or even... Methamphetamine have been a great choice for certain social events/gatherings. Some of them, I have had immensely profound experiences from (Psilocybe Cubensis, by-far the most *INTENSE*).

Methamphetamine being the most "more-ish" chemical out of that list, leaving me feeling "fiendish" to the point of snorting crumbs of the shit from my bed-sheets... THIS has been the lowest of the low, I have seen myself stoop to... and that's coming from a person that has smoked 1.7 grams (or 17 points) of Heroin in one night (this is not regular practice for me).

Marijuana, to me that is... out of the above list of chemicals, gives me exactly what "I look for", after a hard-day's work. Sometimes, not the most sociable drug for me, it has most definately enhanced situations where certain mates are around and added more appreciation to one of my favourite past-times (aside from surfing and sex)... listening to music.

Sure, there's a few negative downsides from smoking Marijuana. The most worst of these, experiencing mild paranoia in *ESPECIALLY* public places.
I have also fallen into the "rut" of smoking all-day, every-day to the point of not needing to leave home, because I have thought myself of being "set" due to me having in posession an ounce or so of weed and a slab of Wild Turkey and cokes.

Look... I thought I'd try Heroin, and I still do sometimes "TRY" it on occasion, and found that it's not as much as it's made out to be by the media and hollywood. I still have good times on the spoken Narcotic, but... it in NO WAY is the best experience or high I have ever felt. Definately not 100X times better than "the best orgasm, with the best looking person I have had sex with".

With me anyways... I have met soooo many people that lead extremely, care-free (not saying Marijuana "disolves" pain, or anything in anyway) lifestyles. With my friends, it appears to have had this certain effect on them, where they hate circumstances in which violence, or other bad predicaments may occur. And alot of these mates have very comfortable financial habits, due to the fact that Marijuana is relatively cheap. Especially in comparison to most other drugs.

Look, I've had my bad terms with weed. But... if you do find smoking pot enjoyable and maybe have a bong "here and there" after-work hours. I can't see your usage interferring with your current lifestyle, provided you are considered by the local doctor as a mentally, not to mention... physically healthy person.

I've weighed up the goods and bads with smoking weed, and to me anyways... the "goods" farly outweigh the "bads".%)

I think to say "goods" outweigh the "bads" would have to be a very hazy (excuse the pun) area and personal experience related. It has it's upsides granted, after a night out after more than a few pills having the edge taken off your "skittishness" is always a bonus. But I think it's more detrimental on a long-term perspective. Whereas the other drugs have a chemical (addiction process), weed is more psychological. I know far too many people that smoke, hell I used to quite heavily and when your getting to the point where paranoia is a serious issue and you suddenly realise time wasn't moving in the same "mach" that you were, you realise how bad it actually is on a frequent usage scale. Both of my brothers smoke, one has managed to stop (15yr + habit), the other always manages to have money spare for weed but never TP (toilet paper) or food! Meanwhile trying to get him to remember to do something for you, you begin to feel like a nag! ;)

Shityeah!! Definately, it has had that same effect on many others... not to mention myself (smoking pot, that is...).
But, at the moment, I feel I have come to a moment in my life, where I have finally mastered the negatives of being a moderate pot smoker.

Look, if you read my original post... you would have noticed that I had said that there are *SOME* negatives to certain individuals. Shit!! I have experienced the "bad-times" from smoking the good ole' "Cheeba".

But, I was merely saying... that for SOME people... not ALL... smoking Marijuana can have some beneficial values, in COMPARISON to other drugs.

I have seen many-a-lives, get screwed over from just smoking weed. But, these particular individuals have been smoking pot for the wrong reasons, in the wrong circumstances.
I didn't mean to come-across as saying that, "Weed is the miracle-drug for all!". As stated above, it has had some negative impacts on other's lives, but at the moment... I believe I am in the "right circumstances" and am smoking pot for "the right reasons".

This MAY NOT be the case for all however, some people just appear to think that revolving one's life around smoking Marijuana, isn't all that bad... when IN-FACT, it can have some serious consequences to suffer from the long-run.

I no longer smoke bud in excess. I have managed to keep it down to the level of not even thinking about it, it most circumstances.
But, as I said... smoking Marijuana (for me anyways) is in moderation and I can control it's usage to the point of not even thinking about it for weeks.

While I agree with most of what you said about moderate use and I applaud you for your attitude and handle on life... I have to say, even "moderate" marijuana use, if you live with someone, is very hard to understand/deal with when you don't smoke.

Pot smokers really do go into their own little world. My partner also has a bong or two after work, and I have to make sure I catch him *before* I hear that "click, suck, exhale" sound if I want to tell him anything important, because after that he truly doesn't care.

He can easily slip into his relaxed MJ coma and not speak to me for the rest of the night. And that, I feel, is selfish - not balanced. I guess if you're single and it's not affecting your physical, emotional or financial wellbeing; all well and good. But the relaxed state you speak of is - to those who love those who love pot - unproductive, uncommunicative and totally irritating to be around.

Yeah well it's a strong drug also and very safe. With chems you build up a tolerance fairly quickly as opposed to marijuana which takes alot longer. I smoke marijuana everyday normally and personally I find that my tolerance is really inconsistant. I don't really get that stoned at home any more, but if I'm with people I get way more high and espeically if I'm somewhere I've never been or people I don't know too well. Another thing I've found is that when I smoke in some bushes or some natural area, I find it alot more intense and sometimes some hallucinations. Just over a week ago me and my mate were lying down under a large tree at night smoking when all the branches kindof merged and moved around, it was definetely noticable and my friend with me saw the same thing.

Alot of people I discuss this with all kind of know what I'm talking about apart from newb smokers ofcourse who just turn into an 8 year old after 1 cone hehe :D

I must say it very much depends on the person, maybe more so than the amount consumed. For instance, I know people who smoke everyday, but you wouldn't know it unless they told you, nothing about their actions is really any different. They are still straight A students, still keep focused, great to have conversations to etc. Then there are others, whom also smoke often, who will just lose all their motivation and energy after having a 'session'. They become lazy and boring, and trying any communication results in nothing more than a short incoherent mumble. I totally agree with deformed neuron in the fact that weed can be most damaging when it is used for the wrong reasons, and in the wrong situations, and I would attribute this to the afore mentioned examples. When used under the right circumstances, imo MJ is one of the most rewarding drugs there is.

i love my smoke....

goooooo the fucken weed.

have a couple of beers, after work, with a couple of cones as a 'chaser'........heaven ;)

I agree that weed is the best drug there is.

If you take into account price, quality of high, addictiveness and neurotoxicity, weed is definitely the best.

Weed is cheap, it's heaps of fun to do with others or alone, it's not really addictive and it doesn't fry your brain...beautiful.

However...I'm cutting down dramatically on my weed consumption. I smoke maybe three or four times a week, and as a full time uni student and part time worker, that's just too much. Weed makes you stupid. Not permanently...for me the haze clears up after a day or so, but the day after I smoke I won't do any uni work because I know that even though I don't really feel stupider, my work will still be less good than if I hadn't smoked the day before.

Whether or not you notice (or care) about this depends on your own circumstances...my uni demands are such that I just can not be below par so often, and because most of my self-esteem comes from whatever intelligence I can convince myself I have, feeling artificially stupid makes me frustrated.

That said, smoking can be extremely theraputic and is more fun than it's given credit for (especially when you do it alone...it's a different drug if you're alone.)

^^^
!!!!!! Yes, to me it feels almost like paradise to kick back after work in the after-noon on a nice day having a bong and a lil' sip of the ole alcy.
I have spoken to a doctor, that is a close friend of the family (Grandparent's friends, about ten years younger than them.) and while she would prefer I don't smoke pot, she says if I'm "healthy" a "little" won't HURT.

That doesn't necessarily mean I am promoting smoking bud to those with whom it doesn't agree with.
Anyways... today's like... the first after-noon I have smoked in for ages. <<-------------------<Sorry, I just thought I'd add that :) >

When's odourless pot coming out? I can't stand the absolute stink that MJ smoke leaves, it permeates everything hair, clothes, carpet, pets, walls and it is damn near impossible to get rid of. Reminds me of the cheeky reefer during school lunchtime and then coming to the next class reeking of the horrid mixture of MJ and cheapest of cheap deodorant. Except for the morning after a big night, I find the smell mildly worse than cigarette smoke.

It's great fun the old scmokearooney, but I've cut way back compared to the old days. 2 jobs and uni mean I have to keep a clear head - most of the time ;)

I would have to agree that cannabis is under-rated. I also experience at times very stong hallucinogenic effects with cannabis and would agree with people who say that cannabis is a mild hallucinogen. I have had some of my best drug experiences and enlightening moments while under the influence of this drug. However many people pass it of as just being a supplement to take in combo with other drugs. This is my view is defeating the purpose of this wonderful substance.

Sorry, but it is definitely not for me.

I along with quitye a number of others suffer from major problems with just one use of this drug.

It will be great for about 10 mins........full of laughs etc and then it hits bad.

Starts for me with paranoia of pretty heavy proportions and then continues until I cant be arround anyone to eventually vomitting while believeing absolutely that i am dieing.

It finishes with further vomit and a long sleep with not to pleasant dreams.

I have used quite a few other drugs including E and speed and never had any probs........Grass however destroys me.

I have 2 mates who have exactly the same prob and after speaking about it here I have found many others.

Im happy u enjoy it, however its important to keep things in perspective....its not for everyone.

"E" and speed in any form is usually a rather enjoyable experience... basically, in my eyes, you have "Baseline"-which usually means being in a state of, the normal level of sobriety. Then, basically you have "above-baseline", meaning you're most probably feeling extremely euphoric, confident, maybe a tad alert. Alot of stimulant-like drugs tend to give-off such an experience.
Then... of course you have "below-baseline", it's usually the state where you're in an *EXCEPTIONALLY* euphoric mood, your perception has definately shifted to the extent of thinking, what would appear to be abstract thoughts to others.
An awesome accompaniement with Marijuana would have to be music (I'm sure I mentioned this earlier), it just seems to make the "not-so-important" things in life, alot more appreciative.

The whole "Pot Scene", down this area anyways... seems to be less negative in terms of thinking, not to mention "ambition-wise".
The whole majority of people I know that smoke pot "recreationally", are employed, constructive in thought, not to mention action, physcially healthy and very far from desperate to "score".

That said though... I have ocassionally seen Marijuana (YES, Marijuana usage alone) be detrimental to one's health socially, physically and in a sociable sense.

I agree with the fact that smoking "Lady Jane" doesn't agree with alot of people, to some... it may be considered very far from being a "party-drug", but this drug alone has enhanced many-a-situation.

Pfft downsides of marijuarna for the individual are certainly no worse than alcohol or cigarette use...again, there are people that alcohol doesnt affect badly, and those that it does...

Yet when alcohol manifests badly, its usually in the form of some drunken fuck killing soembody on the road or otherwise, or some twat going home and hitting his wife and kids, or just neglecting them cos whiskey makes him an asshole...

And im sure everybody is well versed in all the harms of second hand smoke these days...

What does smoking pot do to others no?? Nothing, ever - miniscule 2nd hand smoke which is easily regulated. Sure there are some people it doesn't mix well with, but the resultant ill effects are completely confined to the individual - they don't go home smash and attack somebody on teh way...they feel liek shti and sit in the corner quietly. Doesn't everybody agree that people should be able to find out for themselves if it doesn't work with their own bodies instead of the government giving us a broad brush "no pot ever, under any circumstances" approach...Bloody ridiculous if you ask me...

I mean if you take damage cigarettes cause to the individual and society, the harm alcohol does to the individual and society, and the harm smoking weed (assuming in relative moderation, ie considerably less than a cigarette smoker smokes a day) does...im sensing something just does NOT add up, and does not even disputably add up...Whos going to argue that marijuarna is more harmful than alcohol at any level?? Who can argue that it could possibly kill as many people as cigarettes do?? The entire argument surrounding marijuarna is a fucking joke...It obviously has some downsides for some people, but DAMN those are some small downsides...what harm has come for mazDan...an unpleasant night that he now stays away from...damnnnnnn...tragedy...that sure justifys persecuting thousands and thousands of people every year, clogging the court systems, making criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens, breeding contempt and disrespect for the authorities and most importantly WASTING police time...stupid government...

Soz...felt a rant coming on...

i think it's silly to claim that marijuana is no worse for an individual than alcohol or cigarette use...

marijuana (and certainly most drugs) can be an extremely negative drug. i'm not claiming it to be like this in all cases, but we are not all alcoholics, and some people only smoke cigarettes occassionally.

i have a friend who has taken up daily smoking and it certainly has a negative effect on him. he runs his own business and is constantly forgetting things. imagine accidentally leaving a tap on, and flooding your garage... twice. driving 3/4 of the way to a job to realise you've forgotten a tool, driving back, getting it, driving all the way back to the job to realise you've forgotten something else.

then there are the possible negative social effects.

i'm not claiming marijuana is a bad drug... for many people it's positive and great, but you can't generalise its effects for everybody.

I'm not a big supporter of depressants such as benzo's, alcohol, opiates etc as I don't think they benefit my lifestyle much, maybe alcohol in the way it came help with sociability but anyway I appreciate weed so much more.
Weed seems to offer so much more as a drug, it can combine with others, its anti nauseating effects are very good and some of the study done on marijuana may actually prove it to be a neuro protectant.. very interesting.
The thing i like about weed is that its got so many characteristics and being much like a psychadelic has the opportunity to teach people a lesson or two. It can make someone very philosphical and the idea of using drugs as a mind expanding tool as well as a way to relax and escape the everyday monotony at the same time is very fun.
I defenitely think it is underated as it seems to have many points that make it seem all the more worthwhile, however like any drug it can be abused and i think if marijuana becomes overused it does have a detrimental effect on that individual, they usually get burnt out and don't perform as well... However at least they dont seem to be harming anyone else in the process like alcohol and at least are able to maintain most of their traditional way of life, some may see it as wasting someones life away, but it effects everyone differently and you can't judge a drug by the way a few people end up because of it...

I dont think i said what i mean, it seemed like I just babbled, oh well im tired and dont think i can re-read it at the moment so im just gonna post it saying, i think weed has a lot to offer and when i quit drugs i may just leave a little place for weed for the respect i hold towards it, it seems like such a versatile tool for the subconcious, respect your mind and your drugs, use them, dont let them use you.