Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Amyl Nitrate - bad for you?

SpankY

Bluelighter
Im hoping that someone can furnish me with some info regarding amyl. Now I have tried it once or twice, and that amazing 'fried-brain' feeling that you get cannot be good for you. But I heard a segment on JJJ a while back saying that they haven't actually found anything bad that it does to you.
I have also heard that it brings you down from your E quicker...true or false?
Funny story: They give capsules of amyl to soldiers in the army when they are on the field. Apparently it is handy for protection against nerve gas attacks. I can just imagine a troop of soldiers sitting in the trenches during a nerve gas attack, all going 'Wow, man...this is weird' when the enemy decides to attack.
smile.gif

Anyway, can anyone tell me if it is actually very bad for you, or not?
SpankY
------------------
Remember, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.

That's weird. I heard a program on JJJ about 6 months ago where they said that it totally kills your immune system for about 96 hours. Apparently there was a huge amount of money thrown at research into why Amyl use seemed to coincide with an increase in HIV infection in the gay community. The immuno-suppression was found to be the cause. When I've told this to people when they've offered it to me, they mostly say something along the lines of "so that's why I always get so sick after using it".

This has been a topic of recent discussion around the place. You might want to check links such as:
Bluelight Aus/Asia/NZ Topic - Sniffing Amyl
There are a couple of good links in there too, pointing to further information pages and jumping off points to get your information search started.
A link to HIV-myth related articles about inhalable nitrites (also pointed to by a link in the above bluelight topic).
Also the Erowid Inhalants Vault contains some really useful information.
Hope that's a help to you. Most of those pages contain other links to open more doors for you.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

Just adding to the original question, can anybody tell me about the legality of amyl? A lot of people keep telling me that it's illegal, but I have no trouble buying it over the counter at a few of the less-reputable sex shops around Canberra. Actually bought GHB once a couple of years ago at one of these fine emporiums.

thread locked coz now valuable info is in two places when it should be in one.... just plain lazy people