Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Long-term effects of e...what are they?

Hamlet

Bluelighter
mkay...I hope I'm not repeating anyone's thread...if I am please refer me to it, but these are my questions...
What if any are the long term effects of E...and I don't mean weeks or months...I mean what happens to people who take e all their lives...any sideffects eventually?
I know that sometimes I get "the shakes" and e-cough as I call it...but that all goes away...
Does anyone know...I would really appreciate some good input...
smile.gif
P L U R
smile.gif

princehamlet
------------------
No, I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be. Am an attendant Lord, the one that will do, to swell a progress, start a scene or two. Advise the Prince.

there is no short answer to this, no one knows, or at least no one can agree... my only advice, and i've said itbefore, is to read everything you can and make up your own mind...
the best place to start is www.maps.org
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

hum...you end up like me!
smile.gif

hee hee.No but seriously,do what johnboy said.Research!!! ahh and stay healthy
smile.gif

P L H
Chaos
smile.gif

no seriously, you do end up like Chaos, it's true!! go to the MAPS site and there's these two photos, "this is your brain" (which looks like a brain) and "this is your brain on MDMA (which looks just like Chaos!!! tigger and all!!!)

i was going to post something here but i'll be fucked if i can remember what......

C'mon Pinger you could have at least posted DEEPS thread....
he he he
Chill

Ok, well Ill tell you what Ive heard.
If you take way too much ecstacy, you will get long term effects. Now too much can either be at least one pill a day for 3 or more days running, and I can't actually remember the other one, but it would be something like at least once a week for 3 or more months running.
Long term effects can include an inability to concentrate, and emotional fuckups. Im not exactly sure what these fuckups are, but as MDMA releases seritonin in the brain, after long term heavy use, the seritonin receptors will be kinda dulled to the drug, and not respond as quickly. Also, the seritonin releasors will probably not be able to make as much of it. So this will either result in generally dulled emotions (ie less happiness, less sadness) or more extreme emotional swings.
Well thats some of my thoughts on the subject - we really need to speak to a psychopharmacologist.
Remember - everything in moderation - but its so hard sometimes, isn't it?
SpankY

Basically the side effects are the same for any opiates...
they stuff up the pleasure receptors in the brain...this is coz they start to rely on the drug for pleasurable feelings...and stop producing all the natural chemicals in your body...ie. serotonin
when you stop feeding your body with drugs such as ecstacy...the receptors have forgotten how to produce their own chemicals...hence the loss of happiness/sadness as mentioned above.
this is why its good to take a break every now and then to let your brain's receptors remember their own chemicals again!!!
...but only a little break...hehehe
------------------
...blondes have more fun...

as long as you all know that what spanky posted is all current medical speculation
the truth is no one knows... what is long term anyway? most people have only been taking for ten years or less... but consider Dr Alexander Shulgin, he's been taking it for 20 years and has shown no signs or any problems...
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

I've turned into a manic depressive since taking E. Hypo one minute, dead the next. My mate thinks Im simply out of control from Wednesday onwards, till Saturday night.
My left leg ~~~shakes~~~ all day long.
I have a very short attention span, and have little appreciation for my job. I am an accountant afterall.
But I have developed a newer creative side which has helped my studies in Advertising
smile.gif

I am currently considering giving up taking E coz I think I am addicted
frown.gif