• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

temazipam

It depends I guess how much you weigh and what your benzo tolerance is. 20 mg. is the recommended dose.

Temazepam is a great hypnoic benzodiazepinein my opinion. I'll take a 30mg capsule over an 0.25mg Halcion anyday. For someone with no tolerance I think 60mg will keep you floaty and put you in dream world. I have a tolerance to the stuff so it takes me a good 150mg to get me off

I don't appear to be able to get off on temazepam. The higher the dose, the more sleepy I get- and that's all. Doesn't even quell my anxiety (bugger!).

^^^Its supposed to put you to sleep, its prescribed for insomnia (hypnotic) and not neccesarily prescribed for anxiety as much. Some people get off on it, some hate it.

I don't think its nearly as recreational as Valium, for example...

But in terms of going to sleep...

50mg Temazapam = 20mg Diazepam

at least for me, I have a low to no benzo tolerance

bluedolphin said:
I don't think its nearly as recreational as Valium, for example...

But in terms of going to sleep...

50mg Temazapam = 20mg Diazepam

at least for me, I have a low to no benzo tolerance

But remember this 0.5mg of Halcion=10mg Diazepam.
Those equivalence tables don't really mean much

K'dOUTinAZ said:

yeah those equivalence tables suck... there is no way in hell 0.5mg of halcion = 10mg of diazepam... LOL thats funny how fucked up that is... and im fucked up right now... but my point is equivalence charts mean shit, its all about real ppl with real experiances... point made :) i think

K'dOUTinAZ said:

I have no experience with Halcion....

I'm just saying 20mg diazepam and 50mg temazepam will knock me out about equally ;)

temazepam does nothing to me upto 50mg, i just didn't bother trying anymore because i didn't want to use it recreationally as i wanted to sleep, but 50mg didn't knock me out. :(

ive never used benzos before and my doc reckons i have a high tolerance from using weed and e?

Well 50mg is an entirley low dose of temazepam. I never felt anything from temazepam until I took 3 30mg tablets. Which is what got be into 'em. So ever since my recreational dose is anywhere between 150mg-300mg. But, hey, guys...I have a tolerance. I get precriptions with 60 of those 30mg caps a monthBut hey, I can catch a buzz from any benxo, just a natural talent.

My doc said 10mg would knock a normal person out, and I havent taken any benzos at all before the temazepam. 50mg does shit. guess i should try a higher does then. i prefer some codeine to relax and put me to sleep, i have a very low tolerance with that. took 300mg codeine from nurofen and was itching like crazy, puffy eyes and it wasn't comfortble, im sticking to 200mg

PULS8R said:
My doc said 10mg would knock a normal person out, and I havent taken any benzos at all before the temazepam. 50mg does shit. guess i should try a higher does then. i prefer some codeine to relax and put me to sleep, i have a very low tolerance with that. took 300mg codeine from nurofen and was itching like crazy, puffy eyes and it wasn't comfortble, im sticking to 200mg

As far as I know Temazepam comes in 15mg and 30mg capsules but I have heard of 20mg tablets

Generally its considered a fairly weak benzo. As its a hypnotic it does produce amnesia if taken large amounts. Some can eat a pack of 10mg Temaze and feel no buzz but then others will get sleepy off 2 10mg tablets(usually the prescribed dose) With no tolerance start with 2 tab's then dose again if no effect.

^^^Whats up with all these low doses? No wonder nobody is catching buzzes. 10mg tabs? Never heard. I heard of 20mg but never seen it, only the 30mg caps. ou gotta eat some of those to catch an effect. I like em better than Halcion

i took 90mg the second time i took temazepam, and the results were quite excellent, except for the blackouts.

K'dOUTinAZ said:
10mg tabs? Never heard. I heard of 20mg but never seen it, only the 30mg caps.
I've got a couple of 10mg tablets in my room along with some 2mg Valiums. All legally provided by a doctor to aid in fighting jetlag :), not that they were of any use. 10mg of Tem, or even 20mg didn't do anything for me at all, sober or coming down off a stimulant. I find Melatonin better at getting to sleep, though its completely buzz-less anyway.
Only use for these valiums I've got it mixing with codeine :\