Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Need info Quick - Antibiotics

Macca

Bluelighter
I did a search and didnt find anything relevent. Im just finishing off a course of antibiotics and need to know if it will be ok to have pills on saturday (whilst im still taking antibiotics)? Is it at all dangerous and will the effects be changed? Any info would be heaps appreciated.

It is not reccomended (obviously).
But I have did it back in September, and Im still here. I dont think it held me back either. I was feeling very run down and the pill brought me out of it.
But remember you were on anti-biotics for a reason. Maybe getting over whatever it was might be more important. Its upto you!

Macca, while i'm not qualified to answer your question, my experience has shown that it's OK to roll while on antibiotics, but it's not generally the best idea since staying up all night dancing/etc will compromise your immune system (even when not on e), which from the sound of it is not 100% at the moment.
That said i've done it myself without any major problems, it just takes a bit longer to recover.
hope this helps

good advice smurf, nothing gives your immune system a caning like taking pills, and by the sound of it you dont have much immune system as it is... do what you like but keep in mind you could end up a whole lot sicker...
if there was anytime you should do a serious pre/post load regime its now, either that or dont drop.... as always its your call

Thanks.
I searched the main discussion board a bit later and found a fair bit of info about it.
Basically says its not a good idea to role while on antibiotics as the 2 drugs use similar enzymes or something in the liver, which places too much of a strain on it, and also that its not wise as you'll be up all night which will mean the body will get more run-down and could cause the cold to set in again... i think

As for a helping hand - I just popped along to the doctors today for a Vitamin B shot. Wow thats the stuff. I dont need a pill tonight
*bounce* *bounce* *bounce*

2 words to be careful of
GLANDULAR FEVER
By taking pills etc whilst your body is not at 100%, your immune system is still low, you run the risk of contracting GF. This is something I do not wish on anybody except my worst enemies! I got it at 19, was off work for 8 weeks (average case), lost 15kgs body weight and to this day (7 years later) suffer from lethargy occasionally. GF is very easy to contract - though saliva, and can put you out of action for up to a year! So next time you're not 100% - think of your longterm health over one nights partying.
Stay safe
Timbo
If its empty - fill it, if its full - empty it, and if its itchy - scratch it!