Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Personality Test

What is your Meyers-Briggs Type?

• Total voters

Christian Soldier

Ex-Bluelighter
Ok this is one of the best personality tests I've found, I think you guys will find your results very interesting, and this may help you understand yourself better.

Please just give it a go, answer everything truthfully, post your results below, and tell me how closely it matches your personality.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

EDIT: Okay, I counted everyone's results and made a poll. I'll keep the results updated.

Artisans (SPs):
ISFP--Composer1
ISTP--Crafter 1
ESFP--Performer
ESTP--Promoter

Guardians (SJs):
ISTJ--Inspector
ISFJ--Protector
ESFJ--Provider 1
ESTJ--Supervisor

Rationals (NTs):
INTP--Achitect 6
ENTJ--Fieldmarshal
ENTP--Inventor 2
INTJ--Mastermind 6

Idealists (NFs):
INFP--Healer 3
INFJ--Councelor 2
ENFP--Champion
ENFJ--Teacher 2

Total: 23 votes

----------------------------------------------
I got ISTP . I think it describes me very well, and it gave me a kick that they mentioned 2 professions that would fit my personality that are actually professions I'm currently considering exploring, these being a paramedic and a firefighter.

Here's my description...

Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

Like their fellow SPs, ISTPs are fundamentally Performers (note the capital 'P' :)), but as Ts their areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic like those of ISFPs, and unlike most ESPs they do not present an impression of constant activity. On the contrary, they lie dormant, saving their energy until a project or an adventure worthy of their time comes along--and then they launch themselves at it. The apparently frenzied state that inevitably ensues is actually much more controlled than it appears--ISTPs always seem to know what they're doing when it comes to physical or mechanical obstacles--but the whole chain of events presents a confusing and paradoxical picture to an outsider.

ISTPs are equally difficult to understand in their need for personal space, which in turn has an impact on their relationships with others. They need to be able to "spread out"--both physically and psychologically--which generally implies encroaching to some degree on others, especially if they decide that something of someone else's is going to become their next project. (They are generally quite comfortable, however, with being treated the same way they treat others--at least in this respect.) But because they need such a lot of flexibility to be as spontaneous as they feel they must be, they tend to become as inflexible as the most rigid J when someone seems to be threatening their lifestyle (although they usually respond with a classic SP rage which is yet another vivid contrast to their "dormant," impassive, detached mode). These territorial considerations are usually critical in relationships with ISTPs; communication also tends to be a key issue, since they generally express themselves non-verbally. When they do actually verbalize, ISTPs are masters of the one-liner, often showing flashes of humor in the most tense situations; this can result in their being seen as thick-skinned or tasteless.

Like most SPs, ISTPs may have trouble with rote and abstract classroom learning, which tend not to be good measures of their actual intelligence. They tend, sometimes with good reason, to be highly skeptical of its practical value, and often gravitate towards classes in industrial arts; part-time vocational/ technical programs can be useful to even the college-bound ISTP. In terms of careers, mechanics and any of the skilled trades are traditional choices, and those ISTPs with strong numerical as well mechanical gifts tend to do extremely well in most areas of engineering. Working as paramedics or firefighters can fulfill the ISTP need to live on the edge; they are at their best in a crisis, where their natural disregard for rules and authority structures allows them to focus on and tackle the emergency at hand in the most effective way.

ISTPs with more sedate careers usually take on high-risk avocations like racing, skydiving, and motorcycling. While aware of the dangers involved, they are so in touch with the physical world that they know they can get away with much smaller safety margins than other types.
Famous ISTPs:
(I have to give Joe Butt credit for most of the following)
Charles Bronson
Tom Cruise
James Dean
Clint Eastwood
U.S. Presidents:

* Zachary Taylor

Burt Reynolds
Keith Richards
Charlie Yeager
Frank Zappa

Last edited:
I took This Meyers-Briggs test at orientation. I say it's pretty acurate but I think I could've just figured it out by looking at the results and not actually taking the test. Cool post by the way. I like these onliine tests. Have you tried the color quiz yet?

Portrait of the Healer (iNFp)

Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand Healers, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity.

Healers seek unity in their lives, unity of body and mind, emotions and intellect, perhaps because they are likely to have a sense of inner division threaded through their lives, which comes from their often unhappy childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood, which, unfortunately, is discouraged or even punished by many parents. In a practical-minded family, required by their parents to be sociable and industrious in concrete ways, and also given down-to-earth siblings who conform to these parental expectations, Healers come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. Other types usually shrug off parental expectations that do not fit them, but not the Healers. Wishing to please their parents and siblings, but not knowing quite how to do it, they try to hide their differences, believing they are bad to be so fanciful, so unlike their more solid brothers and sisters. They wonder, some of them for the rest of their lives, whether they are OK. They are quite OK, just different from the rest of their family-swans reared in a family of ducks. Even so, to realize and really believe this is not easy for them. Deeply committed to the positive and the good, yet taught to believe there is evil in them, Healers can come to develop a certain fascination with the problem of good and evil, sacred and profane. Healers are drawn toward purity, but can become engrossed with the profane, continuously on the lookout for the wickedness that lurks within them. Then, when Healers believe thay have yielded to an impure temptation, they may be given to acts of self-sacrifice in atonement. Others seldom detect this inner turmoil, however, for the struggle between good and evil is within the Healer, who does not feel compelled to make the issue public.

the colour test I took said I was 50% yellow - ie fun and cheer oriented, 30% white for peace, 15% red for power and 15% blue for love.

well well!

Which colour quiz??

Also I thought the famous people comparisms was very cool, my parents used to always say I reminded them of James Dean.

Last edited:
Pomplemous said:
the colour test I took said I was 50% yellow - ie fun and cheer oriented, 30% white for peace, 15% red for power and 15% blue for love.

well well!

How about this test? I would be interested to see inside to what your personality is like :)

^^ MY personality? or a person's personality?

I am trying to find the link, I got it through www.emode.com on a bored day in the office.

which colour are you or somethng like that. colour code test.

as for my personality - if that's what you meant, then it comes out in all my writing, I guess the thingy was quite accurate, but I was surprised that the love was so low.
you had to answer the questions not as you are NOW but how you were as a child - mad! but you can pm me any time and see.

hahahahaha: test done and:

Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
22 44 1 11 (I think all the time!! more than 1% haha)

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
slightly expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

peculiar. I dont know if I can relate or not, but I guess it must be right. However, I am a very quiet person and yet I have alot to say, but I tend not to say what I want to say. but then I am a great big noise machine too at times.

Portrait of the Counselor (iNFj)

The Counselor Idealists are abstract thought and speech, cooperative in reaching their goals, and directive and introverted in their interpersonal roles. Counselors focus on human potentials, think in terms of ethical values, and come easily to decisions. The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated, and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known an Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly. Furthermore, the Counselor is most likely of all the types to demonstrate an ability to understand psychic phenomena and to have visions of human events, past, present, or future. What is known as ESP may well be exceptional intuitive ability-in both its forms, projection and introjection. Such supernormal intuition is found frequently in the Counselor, and can extend to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come, as well as uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance.

---------

I'd go with some of that :\

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.
Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

well funny that as I have a linguistics degree. - aye, I can go with some of that too.

Here are what all the letters mean.

First letter: Energizing preference. Extraverts (sic) rejuvenate themselves by spending time with others; Introverts seek restoration by spending time alone. This goes well beyond "talkativeness" or "shyness." Extraverts like to partake of any activity that allows them to interact with the world around them; Introverts enjoy quiet time to themselves. Extraverts, at least in America, consist of about 3/4 of the population. For this reason, it is considered more socially acceptable to be an Extravert than an Introvert. The irony is that this preference is the least important of the four.

Second letter: Information-gathering preference. obServers (formerly called "Sensors") are "realists." They rely on their five senses to collect information as-is and believe that WYSIWYG. obServers are detail-oriented; they tend to be skilled at multi-tasking and juggling lots of data simultaneously. They are good at identifying what is good right here and right now. Their major weaknesses are that obServers often miss the big picture, and they often have difficulty understanding the implications of a given idea.

By contrast, iNtrospectives are "idealists"; they look for the hidden meanings and motives behind the brute facts. Oriented with the big picture, iNtrospectives believe that there is much more than meets the eye. They excel at driving to the heart of the matter and blowing away smokescreens and irrelevant material. Naturally, since iNtrospectives tend to be dreamers, they focus on how things should be. Therefore, their thinking is generally oriented toward the future instead of the present. iNtrospectives' major weakness is the inability to perceive the reality of the here-and-now; they have difficulty being down-to-earth. Communication between obServers and iNtrospectives is often difficult, as they see the world in fundamentally different ways. Neither way is superior in any way, but this fundamental difference makes this the most critical personality trait of the four. Also, the majority of people are obServers, so this trait is the socially acceptable one.

Third letter: Decision-making preference. obServation-vs-iNtrospection is the input preference; Tough-minded-vs-Friendly (formerly called Thinking and Feeling) is the output preference. Tough-minded people use logic to judge the quality of decisions. They place a high emphasis on truth and justice. They are willing to accept people's feelings so long as they conform to logical principles. They strive for achievements and accomplishments in their lives. Their major weakness is that they often fail to account for the effects that their decisions will have on people; thus, their decisions tend to be heartless and uncaring. They tend to forget that human beings are not rational creatures. The majority of men are Tough-minded and are easily--albeit surprisingly accurately--stereotyped into the Tough-minded preference; therefore, this is the socially acceptable trait for men.

By contrast, the primary standard of Friendly people's decisions is whether or not they are compassionate. They place a high priority on kindness and harmony, and try to go out of their way to please others. They are willing to "take one for the team" in the name of rendering kindness to another human being. They yearn for sincere acceptance and appreciation. Their major weakness is that their decisions can be highly irrational; there are times when it is necessary to be harsh, and Friendly people have difficulty in bringing themselves to do that. They are also very sensitive to criticism. The majority of women are Friendly, so this has historically been the socially acceptable trait for women. However, because of the influence of women's rights in today's society, it is becoming more socially acceptable for women to possess the Tough-minded preference.

Fourth letter: "Deciding-vs-executing" preference. This one ties the other three together (more on this in a later post). Judgers want issues settled and resolved. Incomplete jobs and unresolved matters annoys Judgers, who want the matters taken care of. They do not matter how this is done so much as the fact that it gets done. In short, Yoda's saying of "There is no try: do; or do not" appeals to Judgers. They are skilled at tying up loose ends. However, they have an unfortunate knack for doing so prematurely, before they have collected enough information to make a decision. This tends to breed a self-dilusion that they understand the situation perfectly, when at times they are well off the mark. Therefore, this can be a good trait in certain situations, but not all of them.

Probers (formerly Perceivers) want issues to be kept open and flexible. Having to finalize a scenario annoys Probers, as they they would rather continue the process of information collection instead of taking what they have and bringing forth a decision. They enjoy the startup phase of projects and are process-oriented, not task-oriented. Adabtability is a trademark trait of a Probers. Unfortuately, they have difficulty prioritizing the validity of different options and tend to fall for the dilusion that every conclusion is a good conclusion. This can cause problems in a situation where a solitary answer is required. This preference is split almost 50/50 within both gender lines and the overall population. However, because the entertainment industry is dominated by people of the SP temperment (iirc), and because of the recent surge in the ideology of tolerance, Probing appears to be the socially acceptable trait in the majority of social circles.

fascinating stuff. That was very interesting.
Funny though - I thought I had an idea of the outcome or who I am, but now that is fuzzied by the test results. curious!! didnt realise I was such an introvert, but then again, of course I am! that will surprise alot of people. ha!

I am INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Yay it calls me a Mastermind. Maybe I will rule the world someday.

:)

MASTERMIND

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition, it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in Masterminds. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

http://keirsey.com/personality/ntij.html

Your Type is
INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
44 56 22 44

ESFJ
Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Provider Guardian

How intriguing...

ShiningDarkness said:
I took This Meyers-Briggs test at orientation.

Just by seeing Christian Solider's answers, I was thinking the same thing. Def Meyers-Briggs (or some variation.)