Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Wollongong Meetup - Sonic Animation!

Ben

Bluelighter
Considering the number of Bluelighters from the 'Gong now, I feel the time is ripe for the Inaugural Bluelight Wollongong Meetup!
How does everybody feel about Sonic Animation, this Friday @ the Uni Bar?
On a related note, has anybody been going to 9Hz? Good music, but unfortunately dismal crowds...
frown.gif

Ben.
------------------
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music"
- Aldous Huxley

Hey.
I'll hopefully be there, but I'm new to it all, and not rolling until Utopia. I think Av will be going too, but I wanna be careful not to speak for him, he may not.
But for those of you who aren't, get along to the Uni Bar in Wollongong Friday night, 10pm.
I wanted to go to some of the 9Hz, how dismal were the crowds?
------------------
-------------------
- Dwightus
-------------------
[This message has been edited by BigfootDragon (edited 03 April 2000).]

Don't worry man, I'm not rolling either. Just some guarana & ginseng tabs for me
smile.gif
Unibar just doesn't seem like the place to pill, techno or no... *shrug* ...although acid goes down well there, hehehehe
wink.gif

The opening night of 9Hz was good - about 200 people or so (having Friendly on the bill saw to that). Clan Analogue only drew 42 people though, & Sub Bass Snarl (the following week) was about the same. Great music, no atmosphere. Oh well, I enjoyed dancing my arse off to fucking wicked music & having only a 5 minute drive home!
smile.gif

Shall we make the meetup on the steps of the beer garden @ 11pm?
[This message has been edited by Ben (edited 03 April 2000).]

would be going, but sadly (!) have to go to alice springs...
enjoy yourselves!

That would be a good place, but I have to wait a day or two to make sure I get paid first
smile.gif

Can you buy tickets on the night or do you have to get them beforehand from the ticket office?
------------------
-------------------
- Dwightus
-------------------

I was planning to go to this (supposedly free) dance on at syd uni with bexta and spellbound this thursday but I doubt ill be able to afford the whole journey.... *sob*
oh well, I guess ive been looking for an excuse to come to see sonic animation, I luv em
smile.gif

ok,....steps at 11... id wear my bluelight t-shirt if I had some money to get the thing printed...lol

coolcool. steps@11 it is!
smile.gif
I'll be wearing a plain navy shirt & a pair of 3/4s. I'm 6'4", so it'll be hard to miss me.
BigfootDragon (and everybody else, really), tix are on the night only.
seeyas then,
Ben.

Yeah I agree about the 9hz turnouts.... I'm a video artist with clan analogue and we played @ one a couple of weeks back. All the ppl there had a great time and the music and visuals were pumping but the crowd was definately on the small side. BTW we have been invitied back for another show in a coupla months....so keep an eye out for us!!
------------------
Wotz your name
Wot you 'ad
Reach for the lazers
Safe as fuck

Hey everyone.. I would love to come to the meetup but unfortunately I have other commitements(i cant spell)....But there's a party in Sydney this Saturday 8th April..few people going from the gong...would be good to see a good crowd from the wollongong there..Its called hardcore 2000....and you's can come a give me support(PLEASE)
smile.gif
the only thing is im on at 9:00pm....so if anyone is interested email me please: [email protected] ....we can have a meetup and party hard....Also i love the bluelight T's design...i gotta get one..So AV let me know what i have to do..SEEYA

sounds like a faboulous idea!!!!
i'm hoping to be there
hey morph, were you the guy doing the cool aoen flux images???? if so that was cool!!!
(my boyfriend and i came up and talked to you about it!!!)
TERRA NINE kicked ass!!!!!
(when are they playing again???)
[This message has been edited by grrl_e (edited 04 April 2000).]

Thanks Ben, its looking VERY likely, I'll be there, steps @ 11pm. I'll be wearing light cargos and I'm about 5'7. You'll probably miss me
smile.gif

Anyways, thanks for the info. Seeyas there!
------------------
-------------------
- Dwightus
-------------------

Morph, I agree with grrl_e - those Aeon Flux images were wicked! Can't wait till the Clan is back down here (you mean they're actually gonna keep 9Hz going?! WOOHOO!
smile.gif
)
Damn, now I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what you look like grrl_e! There were only 10 of us on the dance floor so there's not many to narrow down!
wink.gif

Marcos - good luck on Saturday mate. Can't make it up (damn uni assignments), but keep us informed whenever you play & I'll make it along someday!
Cheers,
Ben.

hey ben
dark brown hair with a micro fringe/wearing a blue apron.. ring any bells??????

hi grrl_e, yeah I remember talking to you guys...thanks for that, it really brightened up an other wise slow night
smile.gif
With regards to clan playing again in the gong... It remains only gossip, we had great feedback and definately want to go back but nothing has been confirmed yet :L
------------------
Wotz your name
Wot you 'ad
Reach for the lazers
Safe as fuck

BTW I'll be attending the Sonic animation show @ goldmans in newtown on sat night (as my place is like 50m away
smile.gif
) I love there shows and have seen them many, many times but I love every show....
If bluelighters wish to say hi I'll be the one with show brown hair (blonde bits) and a silver ear spear
smile.gif

------------------
Wotz your name
Wot you 'ad
Reach for the lazers
Safe as fuck

...kinda! Guess I'll find out for sure tomorrow night, hey? haha.
smile.gif

IT'S A SHAME THAT IT HAD TO BE ON THE SAME NIGHT AS THE FIRST SUBLIME@HOME 'CAUSE OTHERWISE I'D BE THERE FOR SURE, I SEEN THEM AT HOMEBAKE LAST YEAR, THEY GO OFF.
DID ANYONE GO TO THE GLASS HOUSE LAST SATURDAY NIGHT FOR NICK SKITZ? WASN'T IT PACKED, IT'S LUCKY THAT THERE WASN'T AS MANY PEOPLE THERE PILLING AS THERE WOULD OF BEEN IF IT WAS A SYDNEY CROWD 'CAUSE THERE WOULD OF BEEN PEOPLE OVER HEATING EVERYWHERE.
MOST OF THE WOLLONGONG PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN WHAT CLUBBING IS ALL ABOUT AND STOP BEING RUDE, PUSHY AND UNHAPPY, IT DOSEN'T HURT TO SMILE.
ANYHOW HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AT SONIC' BECAUSE I'M GOING TO HAVE A TOTALY WASTED AND UNREAL NIGHT AT SUBLIME.
------------------
Simba

Its 4:08am and Av and I just got back from the Sonic Animation gig... f**king awesome!
And it was good to meet Ben, even if it was 15 minutes before it was going to finish, as opposed to 11 pm.
Where were you all? Who else was supposed to turn up? And those of you that missed it, I hope you had a great night, cos you missed an awesome night of hardcore music.
Can't wait to meet the rest of the Wollongong Crew.
- BFD.