Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Match made in heaven

flip

Bluelighter
OK heres a question for you all. How many people did not like dance music before they first rolled. Over the years I have seen many dance music hating friends ( it all sounds the same!)go under duress to their first rave/club pop a pill and hey presto instant convert (it all makes sense to me now!).The rise of dance and E culture have gone hand in hand,would one exist without the other? so how many bluelighters out there discovered the love of repetative beats with their first (or second) pill, and are there any rollers who still don't get it?
------------------
flip

you've been reading my old posts havent you?
smile.gif

i used to loathe doof doof, being more of a fan of slower, dubbier beats, and would always hassle the "kids" in here about it.... but somehow i seem to have gone to a couple of raves in the last month.... and was seen having a great time dancing to some crazy tekka shit... arghh its slowly wearing me down.... damn you techno! *waves fist* damn you!!
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

hey, u think thats bad Johnboy, i used to be a bogan, favorite band was somewhere between Metallica, Slayer, and Sepultura. Used to hang around drinking beer laughing about beating the crap out of poxy little "ravers". How times change. I now love drum'n'bass, and cannot resist any techno when rolling.
Oh yeah, and i hug more ravers than i bash these days too
wink.gif

I also know a few guys who would have laughed at the idea of going to a "rave" less than a year ago, but after a nye 2000 rave/pill experience its hard to keep them away. Its amazing the difference between my friends that do pop pills and the ones that don't.

I got into electronic music (and elec. dance music) a couple of years before going to my first rave or rolling. The music is what brought me to the parties!
As for the rave ideals, I've always kept them, so the whole experience seemed very natural to me.

Well, I used to be a grunger all throughout highschool. Once year 12 came I started clubbing, not really for the music (the music at these clubs was crap and I wasn't pilling at this stage) and even though it was dance/electronic, I wouldn't really say I got into 'proper' electronic stuff until I met a DJ from melbourne, went down there and kind of started to educate myself so that I could have real converstaions with him about music.
He turned out to be a big prick, but I will always thank him for getting me away from all the cheesy stuff (it was a purely social thing, my friends went to these clubs, so I did too) and getting me interested in what I think now, is quality electronic music.
But yeah, initially I HATED dance music, I used to curse all the homies at my school for listening to techno (remember when it first became really commercial in the early 90's), and now, some of these guys have got the best taste in music
smile.gif

I used to say it wasn't real music and that I would NEVER listen to something that was made with a computer...I said the artists weren't talented at all!
HA! how things have changed. I definitely got interested in dance music BEFORE the pills came though..and I guess the pills just sort of added to my serach for better music.
Mind you, I still love my non-electronic stuff...
cheers,
mona.

Yeah Mona, that sounds pretty much like my story. I'de say its probably a fairly common thing, you just need one small influence or interest to get you hooked on "techno" and it has real potential to change your life totally. Its pretty funny that although you are on the other side of the country we still used the same lame reasons for hating dance music.
It makes me laugh to remember sitting around at lunch time slagging out that crappy computer generated music that "takes no talent at all to make", unlike a killer slayer guitar riff.
smile.gif
With those same mates now we sit around and talk about how we can't wait for Grooverider to show.

I loved the music, music attracted me to the warehouse partys I was partying for a little bit until I popped. Now that i popped I cant stop.
------------------
5 days a week my body is a temple. The other 2 it's an amusement park.

i was into electronic music ages before i went to my first rave or knew anything about the scene...
i used to love drum'n'bass a while ago, and then i got into trance and stuff... and then i went to my first party... whoa!!!!! that was an experience.... :)

Feel the rhythm baby! It's all about the feel, about what you enjoy. Chemicals enhance the enjoyment, not cause it. I still enjoy abit of grunge/rock/pop and electronic music came into my life at a point of time when i still showed a distaste for drugs. However, i must say that my first E brought my concept of the music to another level and that is probably so for many others.
------------------
Like a flood,Thru my blood;
In my vein,To my brain;
Feel it coursing right thru me;
Oh my GOD its ECSTASY!

Yeah, its funny isn't it. Up until I left high school, I hadn't even realised what "electronic" music really was, however I remember liking certain groups during the 80's that weren't rock, rap or metal like Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys etc. Basically I got into music when I was about 10 with stuff like INXS, Midnight Oil Etc, then about 13-14 got into Amercian rap music NWA etc, then 16 into heavy metal GNR, Metallica etc until 18. Since then I have not looked back and after my second rave, realised that electronic music was what I was looking for the whole time. It was funny then 2 years later goiing back and listening to all my old stuff and finding the ones that had some sort of electronic influence in them. Still to this day though, I can't listen to anything but techno (varying styles though)!
Timbo
If its empty - fill it, if its full - empty it, and if its itchy - scratch it!

My name is Freak, and I'm a raver.
I used to hate techno ... ie Drave and Mona.
Went to Earthcore NYE in 98/99 - Green Mitsi, and fell in love with psy-trance
smile.gif

Enjoy most Raves, not clubs so much, but still love the outdoor doofs !
Both my Brothers have come round to - as a result of our friend Doctor MA
biggrin.gif

I remember many many years ago smoking some cones and Listening to two songs "SERENITY" and the other song I think was called "IS THERE ANYTHING MORE I CAN DO FOR YOU " but for the life of me cannot remember the name of the band.....That was the first Techno music I ever liked and remember the trippyness I felt while listening to it whacked !!!!!
Fucked if I was going to dance to it though back then dancing was for whimps ...
AHHH how times have changed....
Chill

i first started getting into "electronic" music about the time i started doing dope - it was amazing how different the music was. recently i've started getting into drum&bass, and have also started rolling. i always thought i was just a "pub man" and not a "club man", but now i think i can be a bit of both.
like Drave i was into metal at high school, but i hardly listen to it any more. most metal is angry music, and i don't want to be angry anymore
biggrin.gif

however, one band i still do listen to: Pink Floyd!!! it calms me down when i'm pissed off at someone (one of my housemates, for example
smile.gif
), it cheers me up when o'm sad, and it is sooo cooool on drugs....

hey hippy i hear you on the floyd note...totally awesome !! again , i hated dance music whilst in high school , but along comes a little blue pill , and HELLO! we have lift off....but the floyd still rule , and is simply the best come-down/put-you-to-sleep after rolling music ( and let's not forget cone tunes..
wink.gif
)
------------------
fly high , but watch your head