Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How much is too much???

Orion

Bluelighter
the most i've ever done is two strong pills in one night but i've heard of people taking in excess of 6-7 pills in a night.
does it get to a point that any more pills wont do anything or is it a recipe for destruction?
Just curious
smile.gif

Yeah, basically after you start rolling, and youve been doing so reasonably strongly for 6-8 hours, then you wont roll even if you take more pills. Its about serotonin, youve only got so much and it takes 24hour or more for your body to make more out of food. So basically if you take more pills you wont roll, youll just be speeding - a waste of money when e costs more. So either dont take to many pills, buy speed instead, or learn about pre/post-loading (trying to make the most of your serotonin by taking a supplement called 5htp)

Good advice Cim.
Would like to point out that seretonin takes about a week - two weeks to fully regenrate. Hence, rolling off MDMA pills two nights in a row, the second night won't have nearly as many MDMA effects...
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!

this is an important thing to remember, but one that is very hard to do when one is in a drug frenzy...
MDMA is not like other drugs, you cant take more and expect more effect. taking 6 or 7 pill is throwing away money, and brains cells, that could be better spent later
------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

Well renaissance weekend I went way too hard......i went out on the friday night and dropped 2 beans during the course of the night then without having slept went to renaissance and started with gold ck, then double dropped then 20 mins after double dropping dropped a superman (effectively a triple drop and bringing total for 2 nights to 6) When those 3 came on for a while it was awesome , was super intense but then it gradually got too strong and was too intense and everything attacking my senses, the lights the music the people, were all too fast and I had to sit down....was an extremely stupid thing to do but i have to say for a while it felt fukn great.....but then the club close and we kicked on to greenwood (my 3rd day without sleep) and i dropped a speed cap and was fucking wired as a person can be, got a case of the paranoias (first time ever) and legs were all wobbly ended up leaving at 5pm absolutely exhausted and barely made it home before collapsing into a 16 hour sleep......
needless to say I have set myself a max cap of 3 at most in future and will not be breaking that ever again

i can't help but be reminded of the most comon reaction paramedics see in junkies who have just been given a narcane shot to save their life after an OD.
"why'd you do that? thats the best i've ever felt!!"
yeah thats coz you were dead... you wanna go their early? feel free... just do it in the privacy of your own home ok?
just my way of saying, go hard if you really want to, but ultimately its not worth it. a message of moderation from the moderator
smile.gif

------------------
.... he who makes a beast of himself, rids himself of the pain of being a man...

Well that was pretty much the point of my post, that going too hard is bad mmkay .... the thing with e's is its so easy to believe they are harmless and that you can do as many as you like because unlike heroin etc od'in is not usually fatal .... but I have learned my lesson...i don't think physically I was in any danger i think it was more mental danger ie i was just way too messy, so to suggest I was on my "early" is ridiculous....
And to be honest JB i don't think you should be associating heroin use to e use in any way, especially considering the amount of propaganda floating around regarding the 2 and the fact the media appear to monitor this board

New years Eve 98/99 & 99/00
2 parties
4 pills
8ball speed
40 bongs
48 hours
PASSED OUT
Say no more!
Timbo
If its empty - fill it, if its full - empty it, and if its itchy - scratch it!

ahh doc, drawing an analogy is in no way the same as calling an MDMA pill "smacky"... credit me with some intelligence...

I wasn't actually referring to the smacky debate etc I just think any analogy that compares heroin use to e use is a poor choice as I think there are very few common characteristics.....

i dont really want to get into an arguement about this... but
smile.gif
they are both drugs... people have died from taking them... people try to take more of them to make them feel better than they already do...
i dont think we can stick our heads in the sand and deny that heroin is an illegal drug and so is MDMA, and that the same people bring em both into the country and the same poli-- ooops i meant criminals supply and sell em
its nasty but its true. i dontlike ait anymore than you. i dont really want to have anything to do with the heroin community in melbourne but thru being involved with ecstacy information i now have to... check this out
i went to seek legal help for some answers on all those tricky questions about e like "can i get it gas spectro tested?" "can i offer to ez test pills at a rave?" "can i even hand out dancesafe literature?"
well all the lawyers i spoke to were stumped, and more than a little bit afraid. their attitude was its illegal and i shouldnt even think about it. they're only suggestion was that i should hook up with the only other drug users group in victoria that have any laawyers on board and are doing any succesful lobbying of the government... and who are they but VIVAIDS victorian intravenous drug users society or whatever...
so i've got a meeting with them next week.
i really didnt want to be associated with this group but hey! what else can i do? there is little or no precedence or support for anything we are trying to do, so alas we are going to have some strange bedfellows
my worry over the whole smacky debate was that unprincipled journos would have a field day when someone posted how a pill has "only a bit of smack in it" (a direct quote from this board).
to take a quote out of what i posted above and use it against us would require an extremely gifted tabloid journo with zero grasp on reality...
------------------

Sorry jb, but I have to agree with DOC here.
Sure we all know that in essence heroin and ecstasy are BOTH drugs. We all know that if you go too far you pay the price. We've all heard the moderation is the key thing a billion times before. I'm not saying that it shouldnt be reiterated every now and again, BUT I agree that you could have chosen a more relevant example as a way of getting your point across.
You've told me yourself that you don't really want to be associated with 'that' sector of society, but you've been forced to because of this meeting...well, there's a lot of people on the board who would probably take offence to what you mentioned above.
I just think that the Happy Valley incident could have been just as good an example of how moderation is the key to good partying.
When it comes down to it, your little 'bit' about the heroin addict thing, is nothing more than scare tactics really.
Please don't take offence I'm not having a personal go at you, just your method of delivery.
mona.

"well, there's a lot of people on the board who would probably take offence to what you mentioned above."
ah if truth be known i was pretty much quoting verbatim from a conversation i had with an ambo, who is an ex drug user himself and works with them, trust me, he wouldnt be offended at all... its reality.
this post was just my reaction to having to watch some guy die on the number 86 tram the other week. scarey i admit, but irrelevant? i dont think so...
i'm sorry to be breaking some sort of taboo about mentioning similarities between MDMA use and heorin use. and i'm sorry if my delivery has offended some.
the happy valley incident is a great example. sure, but its been used heaps already and people are already over familiar with it. i just used another example that came to my mind as i was reading the post.
i was just speaking my mind, and now i am being told that i shouldnt have. this sounds really familiar somehow, except it was other people accusing me of telling people what they should and shouldnt write.... oh ok now i remember, i'll just stick to telling people that "that post is more suited to the "fluffy bunny" forum, please post it there"...

this argument is just getting a little stupid, isn't it?
no ony is comparing e to heroin, but i think that johnboy's point is valid, and his analogy is a good one.
taking too much of ANY drug is bad for you. ok, so taking too much heroin is EXTREMELY bad for you, but too much is is bad, too, both for your physical health, and your mental health...
no matter how good you feel at the time, drugs, used in exess, do you damage. ODing on heroin may be the best feeling in the world, but you are dying (bad). taking 5 Es may feel damn good at the time, but it isn't good for you.
and i'm sure we've all drunk that bottle of cheap vodka and felt fucking invinsible that night, but how did you feel the next day? can everyone spell l-i-v-e-r d-a-m-a-g-e?
we really shouldn't be arguing about shit like this...
oh, well, that's my input, anyway
smile.gif

Getting back to the origional topic...
I usually take 1 to 2 pills a night and I'm fine. I met someone recently however who's regular dose is 3 to 4, he says, because of his weight (he's a little heavier than I). Could this be the case or is it more likely just in his head?...does the body absorb some active agent?

well dosage does relate to body weight...
this table from erowid explains it nicely:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_dose.shtml
to put that in perspective the average australian pill has probably about 70-80mg of MDMA if you are lucky. the average pill of about 10 years ago had 140mg, so yes pill used to be better...
smile.gif

and thats only pure MDMA... MDEA has a completely different dosage curve:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mde/mde_dose.shtml
and MDA:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mda/mda_dose.shtml
not to mention mixtures of all of the above.
but as always these are only averages and without proper qualitative and quantitative analysis we cant be sure. i've based my guesstimates on overseas pill reports, which probably relates to imports but who knows what aussie chemists are making...
take for instance the tiny yellow and blue plain domed pills that were around at nye. they tested very positively MDXX but were quite weak... everyone i knew who had them, regardless of size or tolerance, said the same thing, good but very weak.
------------------

I guess like you said JB, the bottom line is body mass and genetic makeup.
I had a white apple one time and when i rushed, my vision started to distort and i had to sit down for 15 min. After that it rocked, but another time i took a white apple and i still rocked pretty hard but the rush was not as full on. No visuals, but it was still strong.
In an extreme case, a friend had a clearcap and couldn't see for 15 minutes. He was ok, just a bit strong.
How much do you reckon that frame of mind has to do with it?
I dont think its a complete psychadelic but i think you have some control.
Definitely not the same as lsd.
I had a look at those curves on dosages u put links to, and like you said. They are accurate but they will definately deviate from person to person.
[This message has been edited by Orion (edited 31 March 2000).]

frame of mind has a huge amount to do with it. MDMA may not be a true pscyhadelic but it is still very much pyschoactive. the classic rules of set and setting still apply.
as for your story of different reactions to the same pill, was the time when it was less intense after the bigger one? your brain starts getting a tolerance to MDMA from dose one. everytime you dose you get a little more immune to its effects...
------------------

i agree with the last few posts but as i have said b4 the number of pills is totally irrelevent, its the mass of MDMA, MDXX consumed that it the key.
u could happily plough through 4 MDMA pills if they were only a measely 40mgs, but if u were lucky enough to find a 150mg pill then anymore than one is wasteful.
the "hardcore" peoples who say yeah i had 6 pills last night, 3 different types etc..well chances are half of those pills weren't MDXX to begin with and the other 3 could have been weak etc.
i know this has been discussed, but as far as MDMA manufacture goes, safrole(the precursor) is the limiting reagent; i.e: thats what limits the chemists from making "unlimited" quantities; hence u would think conserving the supply would be important.
my Q: why then is there so much MDEA around, (safrole is still precursor) because a larger dose, relative to MDMA must be put into the pills for an appreciable effect. This to me seems wasteful; the chemist has all these materials, and makes a choice; MDMA or MDEA.
choosing MDMA say would produce probably 50% more pills as the amount of drug put into each would be less; y on earth would MDEA be chosen then, esp since it would have to be less desired.
(unless the shorter duration means people r buying more, or a greater amount of speed is purchased to go with the MDEA, i don't know)

i'm remembering stories i heard around the way about MDEA, about how it was only made illegal in many countries a few years back and how it may still be legal to manufacture it in some smaller, more out of the way countries.
i heard rumours way back that a certain country in eastern europe took advantage of this and when they new that the paperwork was going thru to ban it they got their factories working overtime tp produce tonnes of the then legal MDEA, which was then quickly smuggled off to the black market.
could this explain the existence of so much MDE around? i wonder what the legality of MDEA manufacture is in certain asiam countries?
wink.gif

------------------