• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne DJs...who is your favourite???

Hamlet

Bluelighter
My personal kick arse, awsome, mad, pumping DJ must be...why yes...it it Will E Tell
smile.gif
... mmmmm...will e....drewl...(now I'm just talking about his beats here I swear)...
Simon Digby...his companion of some sort (they ALWAYS play together???)...is not to bad...and there is always Midro...whose teasing is doubtful
frown.gif
...but hey he does play the shit we want to hear
smile.gif
Well??? Who do you think is the GOD???
smile.gif
P L U R
smile.gif

princehamlet

hehehe, so much to choose from.
First of all, shout outz to the one and only ATOM-1 for getting the D`n`B scene bigger and bigger here in Melbourne. Also respect flyin out to all the D`n`B crew (1LC, Trooper etc.)
Hmmm...personally, ATOM1 is my favourite, but for my dose of banging-FUCKiNG-techno, Will-E-Tell and Simon Digby rock! I also remember DJ SLACK (Teriyaki) ripping out the best set of the night at NYE 98-99 at Kryal Castle. Fuck did he PUMP iT!
Lot of good DJ's out there, too many to choose from. Long live Melbourne Scene
wink.gif

Mr.Klownz.
[This message has been edited by Mr.Klownz (edited 03 April 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Mr.Klownz (edited 03 April 2000).]

Oh dear this is going to be one of those threads that goes on forever,so I'll get in early. Phil K at sunnyside always rocks. I like Will-E however he gets a bit erratic at times and loses the flow on the floor.Jason Midro is the king of the morning sets (did anyone see his set at Every picture 16 where the crowd lifted him up on their shoulders.BANGIN!) and Jayse Knipe usually puts in a good set. But really we are spoilt for choice here in Melbourne.
------------------
flip

Yes Phil K sure does rock!
See ya on Saturday!
SSU style!
oh yeah, WET and Midro are my Fav Melb dj's.
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!

I'll put my list here too:...
Will E Tell!! Also Simon Slieker plays hard... and I can't forget Jayse Knipe, Gavin Keitel, Chuck-E and Rich: )e. Without listing all the other fab Melbourne DJs I'll just say that I love the Melbourne club scene, and we're better than everyone else in the world.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 29 March 2000).]

Gotta be Phil K at SSU.
He always brings the house down.
Didn't mind Will E Tell but after a while he gets too bangy and hardcore, sometimes it can be too much of a head fuck. Hmmm, maybe it could have something to do with the T's i had.
I'm liking your thinking flip
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Orion (edited 29 March 2000).]

There a lotsa class non-techno DJs residing in this wonderful lil town of ours.......Sean Quinn(the King), Matt C, Dean Cherny.....
my fave tech DJs probably: Will-E, Chuck-E, Jayse, Etc

Hi all!
For me it has to be, Will E Tell, The man of the moment!
Simon Coyle- (The darkhorse) This is the man to watch, he is currently overseas for six week’s visiting Europe and England were he will be working (Dj'ing that is!) I think this guy is starting to catch up to Will E!!!! Ever since the space boys were here for about 4 weeks at the beginning of the year!
Fark they rocked POD very sik sets from both Jamie and Ben separately and combined to form the "Space DJ'z" (sorry started getting carried away there!Melb only :)
Katy K, Toupee and Cara Carma are three chicks that rok my world! (We need more chick Dj's for sure!)
The Teriarki boys who always keep it hard and put on an awesome shows week in, week out!
Honeysmack for his fucked up attitude on his kiss shows!
Jeff Tyler for playing "groove is in the heart" @ Carl Cox party last year and for always managing to get my ass to wiggle on the floor!
"Astroboy" about time this one started getting some attention, congrats on Bush deal, also one of the most approachable professional Dj's on the melb circuit! Who hasn't had a good old yarn to shane at a party, even though your dribbling shit, he is always so patient and will let you get out what your trying to say!!!!!!!!
So these are my top faves, but respect due to every other DJ in Melbourne for making Melbourne the leading Electronic music City in the world! Nothing and I mean Nothing compares to Melbourne!!!!!!!! Which was proved on the weekend, even though I did not go, have heard the reports.
So that’s about it for me!
Rhumba
------------------
yeah i heard ya man, out tha corner of ma eye!

I like a few of the melb. psytrance DJs. Mark Hogan has been pretty consistent.
Tetraphnm (sp?) (live PA) played really well.
I've noticed quite a few 'techno' DJs, especially Will-e-tell, trying too many deck 'tricks'. Even when they happen to pull them off, the tracks are left choppy and broken.
To each their own
smile.gif

Kudos definitely have to go out to Andy Van. OK, OK, we all got a little Fox-FM sick with "Dont Call Me Baby", but when he used to play at Seven that place rocked! Wish he was still there, though... (sob)

Atom1 without a doubt the best melbourne DJ. His tune imminent made it onto the DJSS vinyl last year. Have to agree with Mr.klownz here, also my brother the equal best d'n'b dj in Melb. anyone wanting free, full length, demo's send me an email and I will arrange to send you a copy. Guarantee will NOT disappoint !!
[This message has been edited by Anth (edited 31 March 2000).]

ahhh, I know you'll all attempt to verbally 'club me to death' (excuse the obvious pun!) but I rather like a little Trance DJ here named TJM...he rocks!
He doesn't play raves, but if you should ever wander into an OOSH party by mistake, or the Duke Hotel on a Saturday morning, you may understand what I mean...
shhhick maaaatee....
candyflip
smile.gif

------------------
The latest pill tests, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au/E-Z_Test/Testing/testing.html

I mean this in the nices possible way but...
ARE YOU ALL INCREDIBLY DEAF???
wink.gif

There is only one great melbourne dj and his name is...
JASON MIDRO
That man is the lord of techno. He is the meistro of the rave club scene. He is the god of the first level of bass station. Have you seen the crowd at the end of his morning set at bass? They adore him! The man is truly a legend in techno history.
"Hail to da man Midro, Hail Jason. Your morning sets will live forever in us..."
Although Will E does have his appealing virtues...
wink.gif

------------------
"Remember where you lost it..."

Thursday nights live from Ibiza club in Chapel St, Will E Tell and Simon Digby are broadcast on Kiss90 FM from 11:30-1. I tuned in last night, and was utterly blown away. Hard, fast and relentless. Also Saturday nights, I'm not sure of the time, but something like 8:30-10:30 (someone will correct me I'm sure) Jason Midro rips it up on Kiss90 too, immediately followed by Steve Douglas.
I hope they get a fulltime license because they put Melbournes legends on the airwaves for us all.

aaaahhhh, not midro, not for me....
i quite like ollie olsen, mainly for the music he plays.. also tristan and the virus djs are good....
but there's still so many dj's that i've never heard playing or didn't notice them because i was busy.... i'm sure there's more excellent dj's out there...!

Howdy all you Melbournites! Last weekend, we had the pleasure of hearing 2 of the better psytrance djs in Australia from Melb, Nirav & Blue Lama. Both played excellent sets, Blue Lama played 1st on the night (10-1am) and had some nice slower trance sounds, while Nirav ROCKED IT BIG TIME playing 3rd (3-5am). Having already been to Melbourne on a couple of occasions, all I can say is you guys and gals have probably the best scene in Oz for partying. People seem to make more of an effort in Melb, whereas in Sydney, its how "hardcore" you are (not necessarily the style of music) and "who" you know!
Timbo
If its empty - fill it, if its full - empty it, and if its itchy - scratch it!

I was actually down at Ibiza last night to see Will e Tell & Simon Digby play... very very mad!
It was a good crowd, free entry, check it out folks...
Later

smile.gif
Sorry, I meant to put in my favourite Dj's as well....
Will e Tell is by far the best, his dj ability is nothing short of incredible. The latest tunes he has written are fucking mad, and he's writing more as we speak
smile.gif

Simon Digby has improved so much lately, and teaming up with Will to form Wetmusik, has proven to be a big advantage.
Steve Robbins is a very under rated dj/producer, his tunes are great, and his dj style is fantastic!
Nick Dem Q rocks! simple as that...
later
smile.gif

I would have to say, at the moment, my number1 is tristan - plays at virus on Saturday. Terrifyingly good.