Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom spore legality in australia

Astaroth

Bluelighter
Hi,

I am getting interested in mushrooms but since I am not all that knowledgeable on the topic, I don't feel confident going hunting. I wouldn't know where to start looking, and I'll probably pick something that'll kill me ;)

I am wondering about the legality of spore kits. I know you can purchase spore kits readily in the states; finding an australian supplier is proving to be a bit more difficult. Is there anywhere here that sells spore syringes? A yes/no answer will suffice - I do not want a source, I just want to know if I am wasting my time looking. If the answer is no, am I permitted to import spore syringes?

My apologies if this has been asked already (which I'm sure it has) - if so, I'd appreciate links to relevant threads.. I have searched, but couldn't find my answer.

Cheers,

Astaroth.

never done it... not sure about importing a syringe... a print might b a better idea, as long as things are sterile.

however it is LEGAL to import mushroom spores into australia, provided you are doing so to study them under a microscope and not to grow psychadelic mushrooms. which is fine, because you're interested in looking at them under a microscope anyways ;)

u'd prolly get more information on this using the search engine, as im sure its been covered before a few times :)

I've heard reports of people successfully importing spore prints from overseas suppliers, not of spore syringes though..

p.s. check your inbox

• Don't import spores in a syringe.
  • Don't import any kind of grow kit.
  • It is possible to find spore prints locally, buy them here rather than import them.

No idea about importing but using a spore print to grow mushrooms is nowhere near as easy as it sounds. To do it properly your going to need a fair amount of equipment including (preferably) a glass aquarium, that you are going to need to manually rig to be airtight. It also takes time and committment. I HIGHLY reccomend purchasing a book on the subject first. I dont know about a books legality but frankly, you have 0.0001 percent chance of getting snapped at customs, and it pays to make sure you can actually be fucked doing it before you go to all the trouble. To reiterate, NOT as easy as it sounds, dont even start to think about it without a book detailing the PRECISE process. If you fuck up the initial culture, or for some stupid reason grow the mushrooms straight off the spores your going to poison yourself (not seriously, youll just make yourself sick)

Unless the spores contain psilocybin (no idea sorry), theres no crime being committed. Possession is essentially a strict liability, factual crime. If its in your possession, and you knew it was in your possession, tough cookies, busted. If you got something thats gonna make that drug, with all the components necessary, and you don't possess the drug....carry on as you were, terribly sorry to bother you. Im not aware of any crime relating to 'intention to synthesize a banned substance', but it is definitely best to not import a grow kit. They generally only contain widely available materials anyway, and its not like you just dump the spores in the grow kit and get mushrooms, you'll still have to do a mission to set it up.

O and if you get a print, get the hawaiians!!!!

Last edited:
yes get a print like everyone else said...

really... strain information like "hawaiians" is total bs... it's just clever marketing. the strength and size of your flushes is going to be much more dependant on how "skillful" you are and the substrate you choose to grow on.

i've never grown myself, although i've heard plenty of success stories (in australia and overseas), using prints. it really isn't all that difficult a process as long as you keep things sterile.

that said, i dont know what im rambling about, because you're only interested in a sporeprint for the purposes of analysis anyways

Thanks everyone, I have found a mob who can help me with spore prints.

Cheers,

Astaroth.

Go to the shroomery

If you have a print (which even in itself shouldn't be hard to accuquire), EVERYTHING you could possibly ever want, or need to know, is listed there. If I was trying to grow mushrooms, I would read everything I could online, before buying a book on mushroom cultivation. Aside from such books generally being quite expensive, they are also written with a higher level of assumed knowledge. (which does not make for easy first attempts)

As its been said, mushrooms aren't that hard to grow, you must simply follow the directions of the tek (instructions) explicitly and not cut any corners. Be patient, it will take time and a moderate $ outlay, but with the right conditions, mushrooms are delightfully self sufficient, producing many beautiful specimens to view under a microscope.

hey, just wondering if there have been any developments in the past 3 years regarding the legality of importing spore prints/syringes? Since this thread is three years old there may have been some new laws passed. Would it be more legal to import a spore print, or are syringes fine? Thanks

I have imported prints from America with no issues. I have also grown using a the PF tek, and have also done bulk substrates as well (which is a bit more involved but still easy nontheless.

Using a simple tek such as the PF tek for simple minds (google it) make it very easy to do.

Cyberdyne, your terrarium doesn't need to be completely airtight, im not sure where you read this but its not the case. It needs to have moderate ventilation, and have a source of light as well.

The main issue in growing mushrooms is sterility when innoculating the cakes. This is where your main problems will occur as any contaminant on your syringe or in the jar will cause contams in the cake and fuck up your whole grow.

EDIT: Just realised this thread is 3 years old, but what i said is still relevant for anyone who wants to know.

I don't actually know what the fuck I was on about tbh...sif I would've known anything about Australian law...sorry bout the half assed advice heh...

I highly recommend you order some P. Azurescens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't heard of anyone getting busted for importing grow kits or spores

Can't say that we'll get away with it forever though so get in there!

Or get a good book on shrooms and have a look yourself...

Where abouts are you?

i have read about police busting people for importing it.
the info was from last year about cops talking about hallucinogens.
u guys remember that australian website linked iwth *** that used to sell all these Australian spores and even would show where they got them from on a map

[EDIT: Don't name sources. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
If spores are legal to sell in Australia, I don't understand why there isn't any Australian suppliers (I can't find any anyhow)
Imagine the amount of business you would get.
I would be a customer!

I can’t find any legal stuff about spores in Australia

AFAIK people have been busted for importing spore-syringes into Australia, but this is pretty much hearsay. However, as a print can be mailed in a letter, I'm not sure how 'air-tight' the law really is. Not sure if I'd want to test it- if you were caught and had any books/etc on growing or synthing drugs you'd be pretty fucked (certain books like PiHKAL and TiHKAL could land you 7 years in jail). That said, I've seen a Paul Stamets book on mushroom growing borders.

You dont really need spores if you live in Southern Aus. Subs are plentiful and Cubes (which is what you would be getting) are so much weaker than subs. If you were getting a sub print, they are unbelievably hard to cultivate from scratch, its best to just pick them.

7 years !!

willow11 said:
AFAIK people have been busted for importing spore-syringes into Australia, but this is pretty much hearsay. However, as a print can be mailed in a letter, I'm not sure how 'air-tight' the law really is. Not sure if I'd want to test it- if you were caught and had any books/etc on growing or synthing drugs you'd be pretty fucked (certain books like PiHKAL and TiHKAL could land you 7 years in jail). That said, I've seen a Paul Stamets book on mushroom growing borders.

What happened to the freedom of information
what bullshit i remember shulgin commenting on funny that those books are illegal cause he has sent heaps here

well i think it may only be illegal to import but its ok if they are sent within australia

willow11 said:

I saw a copy of TiHKAL for sale in Kinokuniya (Sydney) in either the science or popular science section about a month ago.

(First Post!)