Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Rave scene in Byron Bay???

CrazyAustralian

Bluelighter
Well Boys and Gals, I scored a ticket to Byron Bay today for schoolies week (y12) and I was wondering about the rave scene there.
I come from Melb, and like EP's, spencer street parties, HK and SSU.
Are there raves often in Byron Bay? Or smaller clubs?
Or if anyone can point me to a decent information site? all I know is www.rave.net.au and www.raves.com.au which are both for Melb.
Thanks all
Crazy
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!

CrazyAust...., You won't find any raves in Byron, however they occasionally have trance parties located in town and out in the bush. I would suggest that you be like a boy scout & go prepared though. It is a pretty close knit community.
Timbo
If its empty - fill it, if its full - empty it, and if its itchy - scratch it!

Hi Crazy,
I went to Byron for last NYE, it was fantastic. As djxlr8 said most of the parties are bush-doofs, as was the one I went to on NYE (what an awesome party, despite police road blocks forcing us to walk for hours to get there... worth it in the end
smile.gif

If you're up for clubbing try a club called the "Carpark" which is aptly named 'cause it's just off the carpark of the woolworths there. Best way to find out about the parties is to speak to the locals.
Have fun!!

i'll b in byron for schoolies 2000 as well, so u'll have me to roll with, + all my buddies.
i heard there is 2 clubs and 2 pubs, and i've hears from previous schoolies that those "bush doofs" do happen - VERY TRANCE !!
we should hook up when we get there.
also check out www.byron-bay.com for more info.
------------------
"just pass the vibes on, and take it easy....
[This message has been edited by fat tony (edited 28 March 2000).]

yup.. you don't get much but psytrance at byron bay. similar in speed to your oakenfold/sasha/digweed sets (135-145bpm) but take on the added dimension of the fractal... when you're out in the bush rolling or trpping, you'll understand why psychadelic trance is best made for parties in nature...

Ahhh - psytrance ... the best
smile.gif
Loved Rainbow Serpant !!
When is Schoolies ? Planning on being Byron way around October ...
------------------
>insert witty comment here<

Schoolies is usually in late Nov/Dec depending on when you finish your HSC.
Timbo
Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of drugs!

Fat Tony - I will be in Byron Bay between Nov 18 - 25. We will Definitley meet up. Will you be there at this time? And yes, we definitley will roll (harder then we've ever rolled before - gotta delete everything that I'll learnt this year from my brain somehow!!!).
You wouldn't happen to be Fat Tony from the TV show the Sopranos would you, I wouldn't want to run into that guy in a dark ally!
Hey not all of us do HSC! I'm a VCE man!
not that it makes any difference, its just what state you are in
smile.gif

Ahh well, as long as there is good techno music until the next day i'll be sweet...
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!

Well I don't know about you, but i'm in a state of trance at the moment - thanks mister bong!
Timbo
If its empty - fill it, if its full - empty it, and if its itchy - scratch it!

crazy aust.... dude, i'm gonna miss ya. i dont get there till the 2nd of dec. i gotta finish off all the formals and shit..
frown.gif

that sux man... and get this... it's my 18th birthday on the 1st of dec ( i was gonna go up early ). we coulda rolled so huge for my 18th man !!!!!
alas.. i'm sure u'll have a sick time neway dude. we'll have to organise some shit where u can leave a msg 4 me to collect when i get there... so i can spin out and that.
------------------
"just pass the vibes on, and take it easy....