Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gas and base

kkrab001

Bluelighter
I keep hearing the name of these drugs thrown around. What exactly are they?

well 'base' is just speed. I'm asuming gas in nitrous oxide...
Anyone else care to have a guess? Are you sure they're saying 'gas' and not 'gack'?

This is why slang sucks donkey balls ;)

yup, here (sydney) gas refers to cut methamphetamine (usually hcl, but freebase 'gas' is around as well), base refers to methamphetamine freebase which is usually goop due to it being hard to crystalise (I guess base could also refer to freebase/crack cocaine, but seeing as I don't buy or know anybody who buys it I've never heard it used in this way)

base refers to methamphetamine freebase which is usually goop due to it being hard to crystalise

At std temperature and pressure;

Freebase meth is an oily LIQUID

Freebase cocaine is a SOLID

What you see sold as base, is normally the HCl salt containing impurities and solvent.

Pure or relatively pure meth crystallizes easily from a mixture of non polar solvent, water and ethanol. Technique is found elsewhere

I always though steroids, were called 'juice'.
and methamphetamine was always called: gas, whizz, speed, meth, goey, base, etc
Those names, bar meth were also used for amphetamines if im not mistaken?

Originally posted by phase_dancer
At std temperature and pressure;

Freebase meth is an oily LIQUID

Freebase cocaine is a SOLID

What you see sold as base, is normally the HCl salt containing impurities and solvent.

Pure or relatively pure meth crystallizes easily from a mixture of non polar solvent, water and ethanol. Technique is found elsewhere

I never said anything about freebase cocaine being a liquid whilst I did say that freebase meth was usually found as a liquid (can't say I've ever heard 'goop' to mean anything other than a viscous liquid), so I don't really see the point of this post except maybe to point out that freebase meth can't be (contrary to my post, which I accept as most likely being incorrect) crystalized or kept in a crystalline state at standard temps/pressures in which case it could have been done so more clearly.

^^ Base and gooey refer to amphetamine sulphate usually I thought. Gooey especially since relatively uncut amphetamine sulphate is a putty like goo (stuff I get at home is). Meth is never soft or gooey so I can't see how it would get that slang name. Strong amphetamine in the UK is called Base, though I don't know why.
Gas = meth AFAIK.

^^^ Remember this is an Australian thread Amphetamine sulphate is very rare here. Methamphetamine is pretty much all that is sold here and it quite often comes in soft gooey forms usually less potent then crystalised form but not always the case.

I'm aware Meth is pretty much all you get (lucky :p) but I wasn't aware it could come in a soft form. Powder etc sure but does it really sometimes come as a sticky paste?

I don't really see the point of this post except maybe to point out that freebase meth can't be (contrary to my post, which I accept as most likely being incorrect) crystalized or kept in a crystalline state at standard temps/pressures in which case it could have been done so more clearly.

Because of past confusion on this topic, my main intent was to stress that Aus street gear (meth) is rarely if ever sold in the freebase form.

Reasons:

* ~1mL of FB liquid is the equivalent of ~1gram of the salt (slightly more due to the extra weight of the salt). So 1 point of FB would be extremely difficult to handle, distribute etc)

* Much meth produced in this country is done completely in an acid medium, with the usual shortcuts avoiding the purification gained from freebase --> salt crystallisation etc.

While it may not have been your intent TheYellowDart, your post implies that in Sydney the term base also refers to freebase meth. In regards to available street gear, I believe this is incorrect.

yup, here (sydney) gas refers to cut methamphetamine (usually hcl, but freebase 'gas' is around as well), ...

Base is a stupid street term. While it may be appropriate to use when referring to cocaine freebase, when used in reference to Meth in Aus, it usually refers (incorrectly) to a shitty salt product.

Thanks for clearing this up p_d, after reading that I'm never going to use anything referred to as "base" again, if it's availability is as you claim then I don't think it's worth the far higher risk of receiving a dodgy product (and even though I trust my sources as far as intent goes, I don't trust them to know what they're talking about). I'll stick to shards of methamph hcl thanks!

AlphaNumeric said:
I'm aware Meth is pretty much all you get (lucky :p) but I wasn't aware it could come in a soft form. Powder etc sure but does it really sometimes come as a sticky paste?

Hmm i allways use to get pastey meth. it was very fine crystals it was allways sold to me as speed but it so wasnt speed. stuck to the bag easily reminded me of butterfly paintings. really good if you need to halve the contents of the bag with a mate ;)

mmm...it's possibly worth reminding that meth salts are also hygroscopic and so crystals exposed to the air on a humid night will likely absorb moisture. If solvents or impurities are responsible, they usually have some odour.

phase_dancer said:
mmm...it's possibly worth reminding that meth salts are also hygroscopic and so crystals exposed to the air on a humid night will likely absorb moisture. If solvents or impurities are responsible, they usually have some odour.

Well i use to get the paste in darwin.. would living in very humid conditions have something to do with it forming in such a manner..? it reeked too

ld50 vs ssri; Quite possibly. Impure product is less likely to crystallise, and may in fact be more likely to attract moisture. If it had a smell it wasn't pure.

Incidentally, from what I've heard and other have mentioned before, Forensic analysis on Meth rarely turns up anything > 80%.