Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

E safety,,Am i fucking myself up?

Acid_Reign

Bluelighter
I'm a young roller, 17 in august,,,only rolled a half dozen or so times,,,I've just learned about pre/post loading and i plan on doing this from now on. But am i messing myself up by rolling at such an early age?
I space my rolls by about a month and never have comedowns.
Am I affecting my brain or the rest of my body in an overly bad way.
------------------
Some minds deserve to be expanded
Others belong to the ignorant

I am 30 and rolled the first time 9 years ago and since have rolled on average 20 times a year .I do feel there have been some changes in me for the negative because of that use , however the changes in the positive have been huge and important. and by far outway the negatives.Just remember keep it special and less is more.
------------------
flip

Not a lot is really known about the long term effect's of xtc usuage, except for the fact it will lower serotonin levels in your brain, which may lead to depression later in life. (but no one knows for sure)
It also acts as an appetite supressant, so be careful of that too.
I am lamost 21.. and started rolling when i was 15. So I think you should be ok... but, remember.. always in moderation.
smile.gif

I'm only 16 and have been taking pills for almost a year now!!!!! I'm fine

Didn't anybody tell you that when you hit 18 your skin will turn green and hair will start growing from your palms? No wonder you think you're fine!
------------------
Like a flood,Thru my blood;
In my vein,To my brain;
Feel it coursing right thru me;
Oh my GOD its ECSTASY!

Long time effects are Unknown, its best to use extreme care when dealing with how often you use X.
Don't listen to people who say 'i'm XX years old, and have been doing it for X years, and i'm fine' because you don't know wether they are fine. You don't know if in 10 years they will be in a hospitol with a sever mental illness. Who knows, they could have completely normal health the rest of their life, but they may not...
Personally I believe that I can feel the effects of the drugs I use, long term. For example, I used to be able to play keeper for soccer, but at last nights game, I noticed how slow my reaction times where, I missed many shots.
i'm not saying this is because of MDMA, GHB, speed or pot, but over the past year and a half my split second reaction times have gone a bit slower, and I'm not liking it...
please use E in moderation, there is a fine line between Use and Abuse, and i'm a fan of the first one.
Previously I was on a 'once a month' sort of schedule, but with the discovery of smaller parties such as HK and SSU this has been very difficult.
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!

You sound like you are being responsible and careful with your use. Like anything use in moderation and take the precautions. Once a month is a good spacing, stick to that and you'll be fine and still enjoy the ride.
smile.gif

As far as long term damage is concerned, ecstasy is in a league of its own as we are entering the Great Unknown, reflecting how very new this craze is -- both users and white-wigged experts just don't know the facts.
Some people fear that in 10-15 years time a generation of former heavy E users will develop cancer or suffer drug-inflicted mental problems. More likely is that E may lead to depression and a loss in communication skills, due to a reduction in the brain's serotonin levels.
So the game is not prevention but harm minimisation. "Officials" and "experts" reccommend that if ecstasy is to be taken, it should be taken in small doses with several weeks left between partying.
It sounds like you are chewing your bickies respsonsibly. Once a month with no comedowns is definitely responsible partying.
Until next time.
BuckE
"Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era --- the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run ... but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant...There was madness in any direction, at any hour...There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning....And that, I think, was the handle --- that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting --- on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes, you can almost see the high water mark: that place where the wave finally broke, and rolled back..."
Exert from Hunter S Thompson's 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'

too many pills during a short period of time will fuck up your liver too

sure is, Klown :p
but the book...WOW...that's in a world of its own. if you haven't read it, i strongly suggest you do, especially if u liked the movie.
BuckE

I only just started but i feel if u do something responcibly then u will be ok......
thake the signs from your body.... if u feel sick ...then get help...if not Party Hard!!!
smile.gif

Dil
------------------
Let me open up your mind and u will find u can fly rite thru the night!

Basically the story is that in doesnt reduce long term serotonin levels causing depression. What it does is damage the serotogenic axons - which if it were dopamine cells (think speed/coke) would cause alzeimers or parkinsons. But its not dopamine its serotonin, and even with high doses and high damge it caused no behavioural changes in rats (no human autopsies yet). Also prozac and SSRI antidepressants cause similar damge in high doses. Basically no one knows yet - if anything its likely to be lauguage or abstract thinking that suffers seeing as you can't observe that in rats. I dont think so though - i actually think its more likely to be more or less harmless except in rare cases or over abuse (its slightly toxic to the liver but less than alcohol). However caution is very warranted. (and with SSRI's too). Basically pre and post load - if only to keep the blues away and probably 1-2 months is best between rolling. Plus do not use speed or coke cause it'll maximise the damage.
Ive heard this whole brain development thing before and basically i think its crap. I mean you're brain finishes expanding by the time your like 8 or maybe younger (when the skull sets). I think what the average joe's fumbling at trying to say is dont let it stop your ambitions or learning. But thats obvious and has nothing to do with "brain growth".
Your probably sweet...
[This message has been edited by Cimora (edited 27 March 2000).]