• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HOW TO: Splitting Nurofen Plus tablets

PULS8R

Bluelighter
So you've heard about it and you wanna give it a go? Well here's a simple to follow guide to getting the codeine from Nurofen Plus tabs.

First, make sure you get the right kind, you don't want standard Nurofen or the Gel or any others, this is what you want, it comes in packs of 12, 24 or 48. This is a 24 pack. The Pharmacy I went to didn't have the 48 packs :(

N2.jpg

The bold and underlined stuff is what we're interested in. There's 12.8mg of codeine per pill, so 24x12.8 = 307.2mg, a very nice dose, although you may want to start lower to get familiar with the feeling.

Once you get a tab out, you will notice on one side it is marked with N+, that is the side with the codeine, the other side has the ibuprofen. Because these ingredients don't work well together, they have been made seperately and then binded together to make the one tab. This is what enables us to split the pill and just get to the good stuff.

N3.jpg

You can use a lot of things to split the pill, the best thing is a pill splitter, but if you don't have one of those, than any blunt or sharp thin object will do, eg metal ruler, razor blade etc. Now you want to split the pill down the middle like this.

N5.jpg

All you do is apply pressure to the top side of the pill downwards, like the arrows indicate. Once you press hard enough, it should pretty much just come apart, and you are left with this.

N6.jpg

Notice that it looks like the ibuprofen has just been stuck onto the codeine side? Throw that away and take the N+.

Any additions or notes to add, let me know.

I'd imagine they would be, don't see why they'd change the manufacturing process.

a few tips - using a swiss army knife to lightly score the top of the pill where you would split it, and then forcing them apart gently, will give you a slightly cleaner separation. not really necessary but thought I'd add that

also, if it's dark, or youre fumbling for tabs and accidentally put a few ibuprofen in your pocket - the n+ side has it's inwards (i.e. the side w/o the n+) curved outwards. I think thats convex. the ibuprofen halfs fold inwards, i.e. concave

man im pretty ripped but i hope that makes sense. good guide!

If its dark... turn on a light and dont take the chance of putting ibuprofen in your pocket ;)

Last edited:
For a first time codeine try... How much should i take... I went to the store and bought 2x24 packs of these and already have split them apart... How many mg's should i take?

i just took 500mg my first time, the max amount. and i was fine. i have never taken less tyhan 450mg and ive done codeine numerous times.

Alright, thanks for the quick reply... right after i submitted your answer was up. thanks much.

So we have some mixed opinions here? Would anyone else like to comment on this? I really dont want it to be too overpowering my first time... or maybe I do. But if anyone else has a suggestion on the amount, im all ears.

i took 500mg with 0tolerance plenty of times my friend and they were all awesome experiences. but its almost as if they werent awesome enough. therefore in my opinion taking any less than 450mg (regardless of tolerance) is a waste.

take 500mg is my advice, you'll have fun. ill shut up now.

yeah yeah ive heard the body can only process 400mg from one source 450mg from another a 500 from another. i dfont nkow who to believe but its safe to say 450mg is the ballpark figure.

alls im saying is ive done 500mg of codeine with 0 opiate tolerance about 5 or 6 times inthe past 2months and they were all enjoyable experiences. hell i could go to school on 500mg and no one would know. and i weigh about 73kilos if its relevant.

yueah i agree houston but i still tink codeine should be taken at 450mg atleast