Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA as a legal fix for asthma

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
I am an asthma sufferer and use a ventolin inhaler regularly.

However when Im on E I find that I have absolutely no asthma probs and for the first time in my life, I can actually sprint for say 50-100 metres without any probs whatsoever.

Words cannot describe how good this is........even ventolin wont allow me to do that.

So I have been wondering if it would be possible for a pharmaceutical company to isolate the bit that makes this possible and put it on the market???

Another interesting side affect of E that I recently noticed was that having had a pretty bad cold I had been very stuffed up inside and after a night of Eing, the next morning I was able to easily cough up copious ammounts of crap and get rid of it out of my system, whereas previously it had been nye impossible to actually get it up, even though i could feel it stuffing me up.

Hence a serious decongestant is another possible option if they can isolate the bit that does that.

Now obviously Im no chemist.........is it possible to do or would it still have all the other affects???

By the way, to any pharmaceutical company out there who wants to do testing and needs a human to test on.........Yes Im available........lol.

I've used tiny amounts of meth in the past to help people suffering from a sneezing fit from too mcuh dust.

hmmm does your asthma go back to normal, or worse after you come down. Or does it stay in a relatively good condition from what the MDMA allowed?
Also do you get any other long lasting conditions, good or bad.

When i have it, it seems to alleviate any depression for a month or two after. Don't know if anyone else notices any long term anti-depressant effects but I do, and long term gains kick ass. Also when i drink it feels like i'm bringing back the roll...(placebo) Or it may have some relation to it.
PS DXM also lasts in my system a long time, (I can feel it up to 2 months later).

yeah next day its more or less back to normal......certainly not worse.

nah nothin long lasting unfortunately

Funny that someone yesterday told me they suffered from asthma until the age of 13 that was when he started smoking pot.

My guess is that when he started smoking he just never over exerted himself again lol.

Im no chemist but my understanding is that that ventolin works by selectively targetting the beta 2 (i think) receptors in the body to assist breathing. I know stimulants such as ephedrine target the all the beta receptors (1,2 & 3) non selectively so you get CNS simulation, better breathing, thermogenic effects etc. I would say MDMA as a stimulant does hit your beta 2 receptors at least a little so thats why you can breath better.

i become extremely flexible on MD. i can lay my palms flat on the floor and drop my chest to my knees when rolling. usually i cant barely touch my toes!

i am the same with asthma - i dont get it at all when im on md...and also if i have a cold or hayfever or anything this will go away completely allowing me to breathe 100%...

MazDan said:
I am an asthma sufferer and use a ventolin inhaler regularly.

However when Im on E I find that I have absolutely no asthma probs and for the first time in my life, I can actually sprint for say 50-100 metres without any probs whatsoever.

hehehe... dude, stop stealing my life... seriously...

i'm the same... i'm a chronic asthmatic, have had it since i was 2 and nearly died once.... yet my lungs are fine when on pills.....

plus yeah, i have gone out when sick, come off my pill and been not sick... gone out with no voice, taken a pill, had my voice back and it was back the next day....

hmmmm... if only when you called in sick at work your boss would say, "come in today.. i'll give ya a pill...."

Its amazing stuff isnt it.
I had a friend who had a tooth infection
, their whole face was swollen where they were barely recognisable, really REALLY swollen.

after two pills, an hour later they looked fine, and had no pain.

it was a VERY special occasion, thats why they still dropped.

this is a cool thread, Medicinal uses of MDMA.

I remembered disussin this once before...and lo and behold yes we have (I'm looking at you MazDan:) )
asthma and E
Anyhow, your post begs the question, perhaps you need a medication review if you aren't getting enough relief from Ventolin. If my memory serves me, the current guidelines state that if you are using your reliever more than 3 times a week you should be using a preventer (ie: an inhaled corticosteroid). You may also benefit from one of the newer long acting beta2-agonist inhalers like Serevent.

As for a pharmaceutical company isolating the relevant bit, well we pretty much know which bit of MDMA has bronchodilator effects (ie: the bit that agonises the beta2-receptors) and we already have drugs that do that - Ventolin/salbutamol, Serevent/salmeterol etc, except they do it DIRECTLY whereas MDMA appears to do it indirectly. These drugs do have some effects on the beta1-receptors too and that is why you often get a rapid heart rate from them, particularly if you take too much. Anyhow, I can almost guarantee that a number of pharmaceutical companies would already be looking at ways to get the beta2-agonism without ANY beta1-agonism, so I doubt you are the first to think of it!

Thanks BabyDoc, I had actually forgotten about that thread although in this case i am more interested in whether its liklely to be a possibility.

Forget about Ventolin and all the silly preventers that are out there...........nothing and I mean NOTHING works anywhere as well as MDMA.

I didnt expect I was the first to think of it either.........was just wondering what the thoughts were of people who understand this stuff.

Basically you have answered most of my questions.........Thanks.,

Dunno about that, my mate claims he needs mdma to help his tourettes though. Speed usually makes it worse.