Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth and coke

THE_PINGER

Bluelighter
Hi all,
Sorry to make a new thread but cant seem to find the info im after. I was wondering about the effects of mixing coke and meth. The coke will be railed and the meth smoked. Not sure but i was wondering what would happen if u had both at the same time, or one before the other. In terms of will one overide the effect of the other or if one would not work if taken after the other. I am relativley new to both of these drugs and understand how they work on there own but not how they go together.

Cheers for any help.

Due to both being CNS Stimulants (strong ones at that) I would recomend avoid this combinations. Yes it will fuck you up no doubt but the chances of an adverse reaction are relativly high. If you must do it be extreamly carefull and only do smaller amounts than you would usualy. In my opinion you better off having them separatly and thereby getting more bang for your buck.

Take mongman's advice. These are both STRONG stimulants. You're heart and brain will thank you if you don't do them at the same time.
This also increases the chance of getting a burst vessel in your brain due to excessive blood pressure.... not fun at all :(

Your chance of a heart attack, stroke, aneurysm or any other host of circulatory problems is immense.

Meth releases dopamine, cocaine traps it in.

Therefore bar some unusual interaction, meth then coke would result in a flood of dopamine into the brain and then this would be trapped by the cocaine.

The potential effects of this at face value looks extremely dangerous. Just dont do it - not at all in any amount or any order.

It is not wise and most importantly it just is not necessary - it is a stupid risk to take for little reward.

Thank you all for the replies. I think I may just stick to one of these drugs at any one time. That was the sort of advice I was after. Cheers to all and thanks for the information and the recommendations.

While I agree completely with the advice given, I would hasten to add that some coke in Australia is cut with meth. This is probably more common with lower purity coke as a small amount may give the impression to an unaccustomed user that the coke's "better" because it lasts longer. Of course, a serious coke user would likely be able to detect meth, either through effect or by testing the coke.

I once observed 2 different forms of coke being tested by Marquis. These samples were both reported to be of very high purity.

Indeed there was a reaction of sorts with both samples - a slight pink colour after ~1.5 mins. I can't say what this colour was produced from, as Marquis is not reported as producing any colour with coke, but I'm fairly sure if meth had of been present (at > 1-2% ) it would have resulted in a quick and obvious orange-brown colour.

^^^ Could the Marquis have reacted with a -caine molecule of some form that they cut it with for numbing effects???
Or any other form of anaesthic???

Quite possibly Psychadelic_Paisly. But if so, either the samples were from the same source - unlikely as they appeared quite different, but certainly possible - or at least the cut was the same.

Or perhaps there is some slight reaction with coke which isn't mentioned in the literature? (that I've been able to find).

This would not be all that surprising, as Marquis (and variations thereof) are listed throughout early analytical literature as TLC spot tests for a wide variety of substances: steroids to plant alkaloids.....

There seems to be lots of crank going around atm, which im told is rock+coke, havent had any but.

I somehow doubt that crank (usually cheap-shit Meth) is EVER cut with such an expensive substance as Coke... but nothing would surpise me these days... given how stupid some people are.

I have heard of people mixing Cocaine and Methamphetamine together, and... I have tried this myself (nice experience, but... not reccomended), but if I was a dealer (which I'm not!!), for the sake of making money, or NOT de-valueing the Cocaine even further (alot of coke contains an un-bearable amount of cuts) I would not be mixing my Meth with my Coke stash.

Ohhh yeah... and the mixure of Coke and Methamphetamine would... I'd imagine... be extremely BAD for the ticker! For the sake of Harm Minimisation... I would try to avoid this. :)

Also, depending on your dosage the effect of the cocaine will probably last about a tenth as long as the effects of the meth, meaning after the coke wears off you'll be speeding for hours.

BigTrancer :)

yeah thats pretty much why i havent had any, apart from the fact that rock is just shit anyway imo

with coke is there any quick quality tests one can do besides racking up abit before purchase [only with a v. nice dealer] i.e apparence/taste etc.. i've heard that quality coke kind of shimmers.. anything else? x a.

ali_cat-factor 10 said:
with coke is there any quick quality tests one can do besides racking up abit before purchase [only with a v. nice dealer] i.e apparence/taste etc.. i've heard that quality coke kind of shimmers.. anything else? x a.

In short no.

The Scott test is considered a fairly sure positive that cocaine is present, however as it stands, this test alone will not give a quantitative result (how much coke/ impurities are present).

The test uses 3 solutions:

A: Cobalt thiocyanate in water and glycerine.

B: Concentrated Hydrochloric acid

C: Chloroform

If cocaine is present, it will turn Sol A blue. Other things such as Patchouli oil and Caffeine will also turn cobalt thiocyanate blue.

If Solution B is added, the solution will turn a pinkish clear colour. When Solution 3 is added, 2 layers will form and if cocaine is present it will appear in the chloroform layer - again as a blue colour.

The most commonly used (user) tests for cocaine purity include:

* Melting point test of the HCl salt (normal cocaine powder)

* Solubility in water - all should dissolve easily ( 1 gram to ~5mL of cold water)

* Freebase preparation - weight variation to salt (some minor calculations required)

Details on these techniques have been posted before (use the search engine)

It's also worth noting that appearance, smell and taste can be useful in the hands of someone experienced, but at best, a sense derived guess usually only gets a ball park estimate (+ / - 10% tops).

The best advice for obtaining a more pure product? I'm not sure there is any. But it helps if you know someone who only uses occasionally, buys near the top of the chain, and who also isn't too money hungry. (mmm.. are there such people?)

As for appearance; depending on what solvents are used to crystallize the coke (and impurities from various methods of extraction/ processing) the crystal may resemble mother of pearl, or it may be chunky, or just a powder. Hard lumps and various crystal forms can be accomplished by pressing techniques and so don't always indicate a pure product.

Something extra:

Many people speak of the perfect (undetectable) cut being a local anesthetic with similar physical properties.

For those interested in being able to ID some of these agents, the following is taken from the - sadly out of print - bible of Thin Layer Chromatography:

Thin Layer Chromatography: A Laboratory Handbook - Edited by Egon Stahl 2nd Ed

page 554

"The local anaesthetics may be detected on adsorbent layers prepared with fluorescent additives, by illumination with short wave UV light [63]. Reagents which can be used for visualisation are: 4-methylaminobenzaldehyde solution (Rgt. no 72) [27, 63]; Dragendorff reagent, prepared in various ways [63, 141, 159]; iodine-iodide solution (Rgt. No 144) [141]; and a 0.5% solution of Fast Red GG in water [159]. Meprylcaine, which does not react with the dragendorff reagent, can be located by spraying with a 5% aqueous solution of sodium nitrite [159]...."

Numbers in square brackets refer to intext references, numbers in round brackets describe reagents as listed in the handbook.

aaaaahhhh...ok obviously not that easy... so if they are little crystals that generally = quality unless they have been purposeful [unlikely from my source]... that mother of pearl thing is true though? also is it true that ecstasy then cocaine cancel each other out in my experience they've been wicked together but that could be just cause i was a. way trashed already b. just thought i was cool c.the coke wasn't that pure [unlikely cause had it on its on before and was flying high] but what is the sceintific anwer to coke and pills mixed? also with coke (i haven't taken it for 2yrs ok) how long after the first line do the desired/strong effects cease ? [i.e when to run to the bathroom to powder your nose again] thanks.