Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SunnySide Up - Melbourne

candyflip

Bluelighter
Hey trippers,
Can anyone who went to this gig, which I missed, please fill me in on how it went and whether Phil K "raised tha' roof"?
Other Melbourne BL's might also be interested in hearing about this rather underground scene and whether it's worth the trip?..
thanks,
candyflip
smile.gif

------------------
The latest pill tests, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au/E-Z_Test/Testing/testing.html

Yeh i was there along with a few other friends including MorpheousDaq...and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely, despite not taking anything. However we all ran out of steam after about three hours on the floor...
Anyway, yeh Sunnyside possesed such a cool vibe...the people, the venue, right down to the complimentary funny faces/icy poles, I really can't wait till next month!
As for the music, well I really can't remember, so perhaps that is a good sign, because it just blended in well and seemed to flow without noticing it during the time I was there. It definetly was trancy and may be suited to trips. I've got to learn to take notice of the DJ's in the future! My first and foremost prorirty when going out is to enjoy myself and have fun, not specifically concentrate on who is playing. But i'm learning....
Sorry for the lack of info, but i firmly believe it is well worth a look anyhow.

Yep I was there
smile.gif

Loved it!!!
The crowd this time was much better than the last one, probably because the last one was the first time at the new venue.
The DJ's were great, the guest DJ which for the life of me, I can't remember his name was great. Excellent mixing and very cruisy but also energetic bass lines.
I recommend the 'Danny Howell's - Nightlife1' CD if you want the same sort of stuff.
Phil K was unreal!!! Halfway through his set the bass lines became a bit random but he settled into some amazing tracks.
The night overall was a 10/10! I couldn't myself, i had to go up to James (part owner) and thank him, it then dawned on me that he was peaking when practically gave me a hug.
smile.gif

Definitely one of the nicest people you will ever meet.
See y'all at the next one. (1st April)
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hey just a quick wonder on my behalf
'The next one is at billboards right?'
AM i right? or am i right?
im right, right?
smile.gif

yes, i must say, that was my first Sunny Side up, what a party! It was mad! Great venue (thanks to billboards) and great people. Music was excellent. Who played at the end though (no not the guys on the drums) but the last DJ, i liked the begenning of the set, but that last hour wasn't so nice IMO.
Possibly because i had taken 1.5 about 2 hours before and was really begenning to pump! The 7 30 or 8 30 or whatever time it finished really killed me, I was looking forward to another hour or two on the floor.
I will DEFINITLEY be there every three weeks. i'm hooked.
PS. May 13th. Sunny Side UP and Every Picture 20 in the morning! woo hoo!!!
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!

hey, just found out about this chat board today and it's good to see sunnysiders are already infiltrating the ranks.
was also at the last sunnyside (followed by 2tribes) and it rocked - the guest dj was andy jarrod from choo choo records uk, his set went down a storm. BUT, phil K wrapped it up as usual with a blinding set of breaks and beats, wow! no one uses an effects machine like phil.
this was my first at billboards - not bad - (missed the last one was o/s). still think the paladin was tops last year with the glass roof and outdoor area.
as usual, nothing comes close to the sunnyside vibe - every sunnysideup is a whole new journey!!
------------------
"underground will live forever baby, we just like roaches - never die always living"

Hey i too made it to last year's sunnysideup at the paladin! I personally believe the venue itself is not as likeable as billboards, because after all it was formaly a police station and was almost like a maze with all those different rooms! The jail cells and the outside area definetly unique though.
As for billboard, i personally thought it had more of an atmosphere with its wide open spaces and dance floor.
Having said this, i still agree with you chops, no matter where sunnysideup is at, i reckon it is not to be missed.

Sunnyside rocks the planet. I'm not hugely into breaks, so I haven't been stomping too much at the last couple of events. But between the breaks ... omg did that rock last month or what? I'm pretty much over clubs 'n' clubbing, but SSU (most importantly the VIBE) never fails to please.
I liked the Paladin a lot. There's something unique about looking down on a bunch of crazies trashing a bistro. That vision is one to tell the grandkiddies. Billboards has more of a mission feel to it though, esp with the way the decorations segment the place. I missioned for hours the time b4 last
smile.gif

*sigh* Unfortunately, the last SSU and 2 tribes blew my bank account clean out of the water. Monthly pay comes in on the tenth, so I'm not looking good for the next party.
frown.gif
But if any of you guys want to pick up your happy attitudes and take them down to Sunnyside, you won't be disappointed. Their philosophy rox. Check out www.sunnysideup.com.au for more info.

Ok guys, my mate and I who went to Sunny Side up last week for the first time were wondering, how the hell we got the idea that it happens every 3 weeks, currently were not sure if one of us made it up!!!
Please help us clear up this mess!!!
Does sunny happen every three weeks?
Sorry, have no time to read through the posts Again...
thanks all!
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!

the last sunny side up was a crazy night. good tunes, good venue, but most noticeable was the atmosphere....very relaxed, tolerant, fun, crazy. great stuff. i'll be going again on april 1st. who's with me?
:p

Sunny side up was great, in terms of the place, crowd and music. There's nothing else like it!!
I spoke to James (part owner of sunnyside) and he said that Phil K will be playing at about 1:00am instead of last on the 1st April, just for something different.
smile.gif

Yeah meetups are good. There is one being organised on another thread. See you guys at the meet!!

All of you check out the "Official Melbourne BL Meetup" post on this page...there are more people interested in sunny side up...there you will also find out about a meet ob the night before sunnysideup...hehehe
smile.gif
PLUR
smile.gif

princehamlet

sunnysideup, sunnysideup, sunnysideup, lalala...
i went to the last one, and i loved the music! the guest dj was great!!!!
yep, let's all meet up... second bluelighter meetup (see other thread)....
happy happy smiles! :)))))))))))))