Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tryptophan

bill joe

Bluelighter
Ello bluelight

I know tryptophan is one of the last substances that gets metobolised into serotonin but i was wondering if taking around 100 mg a day , i've been taking this amount to try and help me sleep ,would have a noticable effect on gaining back some serotonin?.

Cheers
Joe :)

I don't think you're going to get a scientific answer to this question. My gut answer would be no, unless your normal diet it tryptophan deficent. But some people will argue differently.

5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is 5 - 10 times more potent per milligram compared to tryptophan in terms of its ability to be converted to serotonin, so you are better off using 5-HTP if you can get it. Relatively, 100mg of tryptophan = fuck all.:\ If you search through Ecstasy Discussion you will find old threads on this topic.

Thanks for the replies

Just to superbabydoc , i was not actually taking tryptophan to gain back serotonin but to try and help me sleep , i was just inquiring if it would also help me roll hahaha as an added bonus :D .

Keep droppin'
Joe

The 5htp I get is called Rest Factor and is sold as a sleeping aid. From what I've read one of the effects lack of seretonin can have is sleeping difficulties.
You may find that is the same principal behind the tryptophan you are taking.

Quintell, does the 5HTP that is named "Rest Factor" have any other ingredients in the capsule?

:)

500mg-1000mg of tryptophan is a definite sleep aid for me, although I almost always wake up around the 2 hour mark, but sleep usually comes again.

If you want a potent, yet non-prescriptive sleep aid, try some fresh mugwort in your pillow. Never fails, and has the added bonus of stimulating some very "adventurous" dreaming.

*goes to find some mugwort*

Nice to know I'm not the only insomniac around here ;)