Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Any Bluelighters @ Greenwood SOS on Sunday

thomasthetank

Bluelighter
I was up from Melb. for Mardi Gras for the weekend and ended up at Greenwood an open/closed type area with a few seperate rooms etc.. First time their and it rocked ?
Is it like this every Sunday ??

Hehe well I was there last sunday but it was my first time and I was in no shape whatsoever to judge to be honest
smile.gif
..... i hadn't slept since thursday and had taken way too many pills the night before so i tweeked out of there at about 5pm (if you saw a tall guy in black jumper and blue jeans stumble his way out with wild eyes that was me
smile.gif
)....but i have a few friends who are sos regulars and they love it

I was there! So was apples and Pillcat and Brooke and Smurf (we were all there together like good little Bluelighters).
I don't usually like SOS BUT I was mighty impressed last weekend. I'm not really a fan of the clientelle they pull there, they tend to be snobbish with LOTSA attitude, but MY GOD! There were some FUNKY ASS dancers there last week, and the music gravited between ok- and really fuckin' good. Usually the music doesn't really grab me.
So yeah, I had a pretty good time there pretty much just people watching and trying to shake my thang as well as all the other funky dancers (apples said I held my own quite well
smile.gif
), but like I said, I was surprised that I did like the day as much as I did. I pretty much stayed outside all day and I left at 5pm...so..if you want a really good rundown on the Greenwood, ask apples. She's a big supporter
smile.gif

Cheers,
mona.
------------------
Big Jugs, Hard Drugs.

Yes I was there too ... the Greenwood is sort of my local - I only live 5 mins up the road.
I find some weeks it rocks and some weeks it doesnt so much. Last week was great!
BLB
------------------
...yes please

Yup, I was there as well with the rest of the crew. Still pretty much on a high from the night b4.
I was the guy dancing really weirdly with the 3/4's and the DSL shirt on. My eye's were as black as black.
wink.gif

I had a great day, and looking forward to doing it again soon. (prolly easter)

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the Greenwood, mainly cause it's within walking distance of my house
smile.gif
(how many times have I mentioned that now folks?). But also cause there's really nothing of it's type around anywhere. With three totally different types of music in different areas, and being able to sit out in the sun on a Sunday, it's become very popular with many different types of people. I'm guessing it's a bit like Moreton's on Sussex used to be...although I only went there once before they stopped their Sunday thing.
Unfortunately, it does attract some pretentious, rude and very wierd people but if you ignore them (although they do make for fantastic people watching), the music some days gets very deep and funky indeed
smile.gif
. Last Sunday, there was an abundance of pure, unadulterated funky arse grooving on the dancefloor (cringe as you will at the excessive use of hopelessly 70's disco inspired words here, but it conveys what we saw with perfection). I think we bored Doc and Brook and friends cause we spent hours just picking out and watching the great dancers but there is seriously nothing better than watching an amazing dancer doing his/her stuff.
Normally we don't have the pleasure of watching people dance like this. Maybe on a Saturday night there's not enough room to show off your moves, or maybe only the people who truly love to dance (and are good at it) will continue all day Sunday. Whatever the reason, I had a fantastic time watching it last week. But I'm digressing completely....
Some Sunday's SOS is great, other times it's very average, but there's nothing else like it on a Sunday and it's worth checking out after a big night. If only for the beers
smile.gif

I'm waiting for my payment from the promoters to arrive in the mail now
smile.gif
Mona told you I'm a fan.
miss apple
[This message has been edited by miss apple (edited 10 March 2000).]

Hey apples, I had a chat with the chick you said "I like the way you dance" as she walked off "Oh yeah Gee thanks". The one in the stripey dress. She was giving it some whallop to say the least
smile.gif

But then I saw this roid boy who looked straight out of Byblos or NV with his hands on his head as he grinded his hips into some poor girl. WTF I was saying to my mate Gus. He just said you get all types. Then at the end I got into a fight with some feral chick who wanted her chair back that I was sitting in. She said she was only having a dance. (yeah for 2 hours) Bitch. Anyways I left straight after - I was rambling something to brook about rj and bd, blah blah blah, sorry mate Im scattered, gotta go
smile.gif

Hey apples, I think Paul liked you. Thats the guy with short black hair I introduced you to. Well what's not too like right
wink.gif

Hey thomasthetank, If you were coming up to sydney you should have posted. We take all bluelighters in
smile.gif
And keen to meet new peeps, esp from other cities. Next time your up, just hollow for a marshall
smile.gif

As for SOS it was my first time there on a sunday. Felt a bick sick as I dropped on an empty stomach as I got out of the car. Went to Maccas and got a choc shake which helped a bit (found pillcat who promptly took a swig
wink.gif
) Then kept having really weird convos with DoC. I have come to the conclusion that both Doc and I get way to messy and consequently can never understand each other. At least when I phoned you at work, when we were both sober, we seemed comprehendable
smile.gif

Anyways Im rambling
SOS is pretty cool, good music and good people. Most people just walk up introduce themself and have a chat. I like it . I'll be back, maybe try and get some sleep before I go though
smile.gif
]
My only complaint was that mona said I was "silly"!!!
[This message has been edited by Smurf (edited 10 March 2000).]