Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australians - Please Read

akira^

Bluelighter
INTERNATIONAL 3 DAY PETROL BOYCOTT - April 6th-8th.
Last year on April 30, across the USA the American people staged what they called a "Gas Out" across Canada and the USA to bring down the high price of petrol ..........and it worked!!!!
It's time we Australian's took a leaf out of the old American protest book and did something similar, only this time let's make it for THREE DAYS instead of just one.
Can you imagine how this sort of action would hurt the Federal Government which rips us off blind with its World Parity Pricing Policy?
Can you imagine how this sort of action would hurt the Oil companies who also rip us off blind with their variety of fuel prices all across the nation aimed at wringing the last cent out of our pockets wherever they can do so?The Oil Cartel has decided to slow production simply to drive up petrol
prices and put our money in their pockets. Yet you don't see our Federal Government rushing to help the people do you? John Howard, while putting on his public disapproval, must be quietly loving this scenario, as it's putting more money in his Treasury and on top of the GST.
Lets see how many Australians we can get to band together for a three day period in April, NOT TO BUY ANY PETROL during those three days. It will take a little planning but with a small amount of self sacrifice
(i.e. ride your bike to work!) and some solidarity with the Canadian and American people as well, we have an opportunity to send a real worldmessage where it's going to hurt the most.
If you're happy about seeing your hard earned dollars stolen by a Middle East Oil Cartel and seeing your own Government rub its hands together while we're ripped off by them as well.......then do nothing !!
If you're fed up with the constant rip off by Cartels and your Government tell them directly. Tell them you've had enough and ..........
JOIN AUSTRALIA'S GAS OUT.
Do not buy any petrol from APRIL 6,2000, to APRIL 8, 2000. Buy what you need before the dates listed above, or after, but practice some restraint and put off some things you were going to do and don't buy any
petrol during the GAS OUT. If you want help, just ask!!
And mark these dates in your diary-organiser NOW !
SEND THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW AND ASK THEM TO JOIN IN ... AND DO THE SAME. (cut and paste, don't use the fwd button).
The Americans and the Canadians achieved a price cut once before and there's no reason why we can't achieve a similar result if we band together and fight against the people who profiteer from us.Come on Australia!!
Let's stand together!!WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!!
Even if you receive this 100 times keep passing it around, this way you know
everyone is being informed and no one will forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLUR

Only flaw in reducing petrol prices is that it would make us less concerned about using petrol and we would drive more often - which increases green house gases and has a damaging effect on the enviroment!
I still hate expensive petrol and I am being a total hypocrite, it would be nice if we didn't have to burn petrol to power our cars, but unfortunately thats teh way it is.
smile.gif

ever thought on what might happen to small franchises who sell the petrol?
most petrol stations in australia are owned by familes who depend on their business (and the price is not their fault.
3 days might be too long, dont wipe out small business' they are struggling too.
The government makes now around 50 cents on tax per litre, pick on them.

that chain mail's really getting around. I'm going to do it, i shall steal a bike from the local high school specially for the occaision. (returning it on April 9th of course)