Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Importing large quantities of piracetam

VelocideX

Bluelighter
I contacted the TGA recently to query how much piracetam could be legally imported at any one time.

As you may be aware, you can strictly only import piracetam to treat a specific medical illness (e.g. alcoholism, myoclonus, etc), so bear that in mind when ordering. If you order for mental enhancement you may be breaking the law.

In any case, here's what they had to say:

Dear (edit),

Thank-you for your email regarding the personal import of Pirecetam. I am from the Drug Safety and Evaluation Branch of the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA). The Drug Safety and Evaluation Branch is responsible for prescription medicines. In response to your enquiry, I offer you the following information.

Australian residents and visitors to Australia can legally import certain therapeutic goods for personal use under the personal import exemption which exists under the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 and its associated regulations. This exemption does not allow the personal importation of either substances or drugs prohibited by Customs legislation, or, injectable drugs that contain material of human or animal origin (except
insulin), unless an import permit has been obtained prior to their import. Piracetam is not considered to be a prohibited import under the Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations 1956.

Under the personal import scheme exemption, you may import three months supply per import and, no more than fifteen months supply per twelve-month period. 3 months supply is worked out as the maximum daily dose multiplied by 90 days (3 months). After reseach into the dosing schedules of piracetam (via Micromedex, manufacturers' product information and websites) the dose range has been found to be between 2 and 24g daily depending on the indication the product is being used for (eg, the maximum daily dose for alcoholism, alcoholic psychosis and myclonus is 24g). This means that the amount you are able to import depends on the indication it is being used for (eg the 3 monthly amount you would be able to import for the treatment of myclonus would be 2160g).

I trust this information is of assistance to you.

Jenny Mason-Barrow
Professional Officer
Experimental Drugs Section
Therapeutic Goods Administration

ph +61 2 6232 8101
fax +61 2 6232 8112

--just edited my name out. whoops :p

Last edited:
Holy crackbunnies! 24g a day would be a big dose AFAIK.

Good work Velocidex, its always handy for someone to do some clear firsthand research so that the rest of us can benefit.

Cheers!

Yeah Thanks for that info velocide ive been trying to find out about piracetam importing laws and conditions but did not know who to contact.

;)

So I take it the max daily dose calculation is left in the hands of the importer? No questions are asked by customs what illness the drug is specifically imported for?

Yeppo. In theory you have to prove its for something, in practice customs doesn't care. They don't have the time nor the resources to chase down every person who is importing things. They are more concerned with what is on restricted substance lists (banned drugs, precusors, etc). Every package ive ever ordered has come through and been cleared by customs

It's not an intelligence booster per se but rather a memory enhancer

Well at least you got a reply for that effort....

...and what a reply it was 8o Well done again VelocideX
14.gif

If you were in the dark regarding piracetam as I was, here's a link with a basic explanation:

http://www.ceri.com/noot.htm

An interesting testimonial from the above link:

“I took two grams of piracetam and, after 30 minutes, I began to find my boyfriend much more sexually attractive. I assumed this was as fluke since I had never heard of this effect from piracetam. Since this experience I have taken piracetam every day for two months and every time, without fail, it has the same effect. Piracetam has vastly improved my sex life.” ——DB

Potential sales slogan?

'Piracetam - Helping ugly people get laid in the new mellenium?'

Unreal info. Ive been considering piracetam for a few weeks now to help with my ADD and concentration with uni. This has helped me make up my mind. Make sure you put up reports as to how it went.
Tim

anybody know of the New Zealand status?

[Edit: Please read the Posting Guidelines. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody has any success with using piracetam? Specifically using it to enhance/extend the peak while on MDMA/MDA?

Yeah I have, I honestly think it makes an mdma peak heaps more intense. Theres been a few threads about this before you could find pretty easily with the search function.

Since were talking about piracetam, Ive always been curious as to why the other analogues arent as popular or common since they are reported to be stronger and more effective.

The online retailer where I buy piracetam says this about aniracetam:

..Like all of piracetam's analogues less aniracetam is required, (i.e. milligram dose per kilogram body weight).In tests, aniracetam has proven to be one of the most potent nootropics currently available, this is because of its ability to protect AMPA brain receptors and nerve cells...

and pramiracetam

Recent clinical trials would indicate that this analogue of piracetam might be the most potent. One clinical trial described optimum piracetam dosages at 100mg per Kg body weight, whereas pramiracetam was 15mg/ Kg body weight, effectively up to 7 times stronger.

Has anyone checked these out? I havent as yet because they are slightly more expensive. I would be pretty interested to hear if anyone has had better results with these.

From memory aniracetam has a much shorter half-life due to the fact that it has metabolites. (Piracetam does not). --> Need to take more regularly.

Hey just wondering what most people tend to get. Am looking at getting some and wondered if people go for the powder or tablets. Seems powder is quite cheap and tablets not so cheap. I know we can't discuss price so I hope what i've said is ok. Just wondering what most people use.

just be careful mate.... b4 you know it customs will be flagging your mailing address and then giving you a knock on the door a few weeks later

mate its perfectly legal to import piracetam from what I've read as long as its under a certain amount. I don't think I need to worry about customs rocking up at my house